Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Rd 2 vs Hawthorn: 24 pt WIN
Seemed like a huge win at the time, but as the weeks went on it became evident that Hawthorn weren't going to have a strong season despite much promise from a lot of their emerging young players. The hawks led for most of the game until a 3rd quarter collapse led to a huge 5 goal turnaround.Hawthorn finished in 12th place - 6 points and about 15% away from a finals finish.

Rd 15 vs Carlton: 12 pt WIN

Carlton had a poor season and finished 16th with 6 wins,. These wins came against Essendon, Sydney (the last game of Sydney's losing streak before they exploded), Collingwood, GWS, Gold Coast and Hawthorn. All bar one (GC) were played at home. Adelaide led for pretty much the entire match, the blues kept clawing back but it wasn't enough.

RD 19 vs Collingwood: DRAW
Collingwood had an impressive showing while Buckley was keen to prove himself as coach. 9 wins and a draw had them finish the season in 13th. In this match, McGovern kicked a goal after the siren to get the draw for Adelaide.

Not the strongest few games. Could just be a coincidence, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I'm sure that absolute thrashing we copped at Adelaide Oval in Round 6 is still at the front of your mind, as it is mine, but it may have been a different story at the G. Much like it could be a different story this Saturday arvo.I believe we're a better side now than we were at the start of the season.

Their secret weapon is the power stance they do during the national anthem. It makes it look like they've all just shit their pants, thus bringing the opposition players to tears of laughter, which is a huge pre-match distraction. I'd be worried if I had to man up on someone who just shit their pants, unbearable stench and very unhygienic. Disgusting, must be the water in Adelaide :p

Rd 2 vs Hawthorn: 24 pt WIN
Seemed like a huge win at the time, but as the weeks went on it became evident that Hawthorn weren't going to have a strong season despite much promise from a lot of their emerging young players. The hawks led for most of the game until a 3rd quarter collapse led to a huge 5 goal turnaround.Hawthorn finished in 12th place - 6 points and about 15% away from a finals finish.

Rd 15 vs Carlton: 12 pt WIN

Carlton had a poor season and finished 16th with 6 wins,. These wins came against Essendon, Sydney (the last game of Sydney's losing streak before they exploded), Collingwood, GWS, Gold Coast and Hawthorn. All bar one (GC) were played at home. Adelaide led for pretty much the entire match, the blues kept clawing back but it wasn't enough.

RD 19 vs Collingwood: DRAW
Collingwood had an impressive showing while Buckley was keen to prove himself as coach. 9 wins and a draw had them finish the season in 13th. In this match, McGovern kicked a goal after the siren to get the draw for Adelaide.

Not the strongest few games. Could just be a coincidence, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I'm sure that absolute thrashing we copped at Adelaide Oval in Round 6 is still at the front of your mind, as it is mine, but it may have been a different story at the G. Much like it could be a different story this Saturday arvo.I believe we're a better side now than we were at the start of the season.

Their secret weapon is the power stance they do during the national anthem. It makes it look like they've all just shit their pants, thus bringing the opposition players to tears of laughter, which is a huge pre-match distraction. I'd be worried if I had to man up on someone who just shit their pants, unbearable stench and very unhygienic. Disgusting, must be the water in Adelaide :p
That stance thing is one of the cringiest things I've seen in this sport.

Also have a very different looking side.

Rd 6

27fea8283aa0c3db88726e654a102112.jpg

49a94129a220e8c347a54e598251ba85.jpg

Last night

ac85ba7564afb8fd03d24133e60aa1c5.jpg

bbb5b31adf97f3efa36ee3f3c53cdddc.jpg

I think the granny will be a very different affair...

I'm hoping our more physical crash and bash game doesn't earn too many free's against from the umpires. Normally they let the GF go a little bit more than other games.

Yep they have the flat track bullies about them, they can fall to pieces away from their home.
Hopefully they get overawed and we can take full advantage.

That stance thing is one of the cringiest things I've seen in this sport.
I'm with you on that, doesn't seem intimidating to me rather kind of cheesy but I guess they've played and won 2 finals with it so likely do it again. I guess if you're on a winning formula no matter how trivial would you change it?

It's a good thread and from an opposition point of view I'll chime in as I enjoy objective unemotional analysis rather than just people posturing with nonsense that usually gets proven wrong lol. MCG is a factor in my opinion, we're ok there but I think the issue we've had is we've started a bit slow there in numerous games while we adjust to the ground. It's more so defensively and even our midfield probably just feels much different to the familiarity of Adelaide Oval so can lose clearances and it amplifies the defense thing a bit. Reason I think this way is other sides have been able to score on us a bit easier in the first halves especially. At the same time we've still found a way most of the the time in the last couple years as one thing we can always do and mostly rely on is attack. I'm really fascinated by the match up as I don't consider round 6 very relevant to this one. You guys were 6 matches or so into a whole new game style and playing at Adelaide Oval. Fast forward to now and Tigers form is peaking at the right time of year and Adelaide's game style has evolved to be extremely well balanced since the all out attack early rounds.

Can't wait to finally attend a grand final and see how my side copes with the manic pressure you guys will heap on. It's a dream grand final for the AFL with 2 very large clubs and long droughts. Really pleased for you guys to finally earn your way to the big one and even more so after last year as I always have a soft spot for sides who produce a rapid turn around, just hope that this time it's not your year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope they have a very off day like that on Saturday. If you lose to # lol norf you don't deserve to be premiers:p
At least we didn't lose to Freo :$

We don't play the MCG particularly well, we were lucky to draw with Collingwood. But we haven't lost there this year and I think our style of play holds up better on big grounds then narrow or small grounds as we don't have the room to spread and run.

LOL Richmond should pretend like they are moving and take a step back then when Adelaide players move all the Tiger players take up the stupi position the crows players were doing - ROBOT

We turned the tables on that St Kilda thrashing from earlier in the season so that should give us some confidence that we can turn it around against the crows. Don't forget we came off a 5 day break leading into that game against them earlier this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back