A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cancelling the Johnny Warren Medal and presenting the winner at HT of the grand final is a late entrant that will be hard to top!
and channel 10 end up showing an ad instead of the presentation and when they did show it didn’t even show the speech 😂 so much for bringing fans closer IMG_6418.jpeg

Last edited:
Some interesting initiatives from the MLS. Wouldn't mind trying these out here to help stop the time wasting

Agree in principle with most of that stuff but 15 seconds seems a bit harsh for a player to have to get back up again or be withdrawn for 2 minutes!!

Agree in principle with most of that stuff but 15 seconds seems a bit harsh for a player to have to get back up again or be withdrawn for 2 minutes!!
Stop the pointless physio trips where guys are absolutely ok. Stop the piss weak rolling around

I'm all for it, great initiative and not a single downside imo. Get tackled, get up and stop being a sook!

Stop the pointless physio trips where guys are absolutely ok. Stop the piss weak rolling around

I'm all for it, great initiative and not a single downside imo. Get tackled, get up and stop being a sook!

I am but a hard tackle where you're winded from being flattened takes some time to get up from even if you're fine.

I would say 45 secs would be more realistic. If a player cops it in the nuts they shouldn't be forced off for 2mins because it took longer than 15 secs to get their breath back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am but a hard tackle where you're winded from being flattened takes some time to get up from even if you're fine.

I would say 45 secs would be more realistic. If a player cops it in the nuts they shouldn't be forced off for 2mins because it took longer than 15 secs to get their breath back!
I'd say legitimate hard tackles that take > 15 seconds to recover from are < 5% of the times players roll around on the floor tbh.

Will be a huge improvement on the game if implemented world wide and should be ASAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back