Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Will Jess Sinclair be selected this week?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Jess on his career if he does retire.

And well done on your guys part on rescuing him from being Fremantled :p

Too bad it was too late for Brown but ay.

Re: Jess Sinclair

Pretty sure it was due to the fact he had his worst game for the season.. He was horrible last night.He was fumbly, got caught and played for frees.

Corey Jones was the spark the roos needed, but Laidley has his fav's and dropped him for the biggest game of the year so far.

As I said on the other board, Jess has been my favourite since he came in 2001. I was only 11 when he came and now 7 years later, it would be so sad to see him go, I've grown up watching his games and watching him play.

Can we all please stop farewelling him when we haven't heard anything solid???

Jess has been a key player for us for years. I've always thought that he would play past the age of 30. I'm hoping that the tears were for the season he had, and the consequences of one loss, rather than retirement.

You would think that Jess would rather make it more of a public thing for attention than keep it on the low down. Maybe he is considering his options. Well I hope so.
I really hope he plays on at least one more year. He deserves to get to 200 games.

He plays his guts out every game. And deserves the recognition for all he has done for North Melbourne. He is a consistent player and if he does retire, it would be a real shame for 2008 to be the season the majority of North supporters remember him for.

I'd like to think that he would play on for another year, 'No wozzas about that'.

Well said!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Apart from the North Melbourne TAB :rolleyes: has this been confirmed?

I saw it on the monitors while walking out of the ground and it made a crap night even worse. Certainly fell out of favour post injury but it would be ironic if Thommo played on and Joffa didn't get a one year extension

Apart from the North Melbourne TAB :rolleyes: has this been confirmed?

I saw it on the monitors while walking out of the ground and it made a crap night even worse. Certainly fell out of favour post injury but it would be ironic if Thommo played on and Joffa didn't get a one year extension

I fail to see the irony.

I fail to see the irony.
Me either.

One's a full forward who is in his either last or second to last season who through his very selection suggests we have no one else to play the role. Aside from Brown, and... ha ha.

We have about five blokes in the twos who could play Sinclairs role, a couple of them would do it better comfortably, a couple who have played it better this year.

Really like Jess, but he either retires or is delisted. I'd think retirement is a wise move.

They had Thomo on pre-match on MMM earlier this arvo (thought it was pretty gutsy of him to front up day after game :thumbsu:), and when asked about Sinkers put up the Sergeant Shultz response, which seemed rather odd. He's not normally the type to lie. If something's going on it's being kept on the low-low.

kitty

Jess has been absolutely f@#$ing brilliant for the North Melbourne Football Club. Whatever happens all the best to him ( Personally I reckon he could play another year)

definitely, if his main reason for crying is finally breaking into a team that in the end shows no spirit at all.

from jess early thumb injury in the preseason to the ankle injury in the vfa he has had a woeful injury prone season.

before that he would of been first picked evevry week in the 22.

then along came harding reinvented and took that spot.

taking losing finals for granted like some of those guys makes us cry id rather be a player like jess. and showing some ****ing emotion he may not be the only whos game it may be his last

They had Thomo on pre-match on MMM earlier this arvo (thought it was pretty gutsy of him to front up day after game :thumbsu:), and when asked about Sinkers put up the Sergeant Shultz response, which seemed rather odd. He's not normally the type to lie. If something's going on it's being kept on the low-low.

kitty

I think maybe its because its up to Jess to announce it himself.

The last thing we want is a Kane Johnson situation where club supporters are told before the players are.

Guys! just back from Sydney today and was amazed when i saw this. I saw the images of him crying and personally i was very pleased to see it. Sinclair is a fantastic player, he has had his injuries concerns this year, and thus his fitness and not enough match practice and hence his form has suffered. Still dont know why he didnt play against Port.:confused:

The images of crying were him simply devasted after the game that a) His best mate Shannon Grant has finished his fantastic career. And b) looking back on a year of wasted opportunity. I will be very suprised if he does retire.

Is he even out of contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me an insensitive prick if you want but the only time i have ever seen a man cry like that is when someone close them has died.

I dont think he was crying because he had a bad year or he was disappointed that they lost.

Its pretty bloody obvious that that is his last game of AFL footy.

Call me an insensitive prick if you want but the only time i have ever seen a man cry like that is when someone close them has died.

I dont think he was crying because he had a bad year or he was disappointed that they lost.

Its pretty bloody obvious that that is his last game of AFL footy.

insensitive prick:rolleyes:

I fail to see the irony.

Me either.

One's a full forward who is in his either last or second to last season who through his very selection suggests we have no one else to play the role. Aside from Brown, and... ha ha.

The irony for me was not the position they play but both guys are 30-something and coming off injury interrupted seasons.

Reported in the HS this morning:-

" North Melbourne's Jess Sinclair will discuss his future with coach Dean Laidley today.

Sinclair, 30, is keen to continue, but it's expected he'll be told to retire. At his age, it's unlikely he'll attract interest from another club."

I would like to see him given one more year, after the injury riddled season he has had this year.

Deserves to go out on a better note that this.

It would be a shame, but...

we need space on our list to draft deep again, and we have enough players who can do what Jess does and need as much senior experience as possible. It's different to Thommo, where he a) didn't get much chance coming off a knee reco, and b) can teach young guys a fair bit. To me Jess just doesn't add the value to warrant a spot.

It's harder when they are good guys, but this seems like another Makepeace situation to me. Good servant, appreciate everything he's done since he arrived, but it's time.

As posted in another thread, Sinclair has been given his marching orders. He will stay with the club through the VFL finals as he is still Werribee eligible.

Reported in the Age apparently that Jess found out yesterday that his career was over.

The two reports are not mutually exclusive.
That might explain his reaction Saturday night to a degree.

It is a pretty sad time of the year for a lot of players around his age, especially when you don't get the choice to go out on your own terms.

Sinkers has given excellent service, but it's time. He's showing the telltale signs of getting caught more often and having less time to dispose of the ball. That's not going to improve with another year of footy.

Back