Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

What the actual heck are we doing playing him in half-back to make way for DYLAN STEPHENS AND DARCY TUCKER??????????

What the actual * are we doing playing him in half-back to make way for DYLAN STEPHENS AND DARCY TUCKER??????????
Its on Clarko. He needs to own it and say I stuffed up. 7 weeks of this s**t is too f***ing long

Clarko is meant to be solving our problems not inventing them. The dickhead.

I'm generally hesitant to post anything that ol' ad nauseam nose would take as encouragement, but we do need to have a talk about Scott. The move to the backline hasn't worked.
Even with a bit of time back on the wing today he still looks a shadow of the player from previous years. At half-time he had 5 touches and about 4 or 5 missed or broken tackles. Surprisingly he went at 92% for disposal efficiency which makes me want to doubt how statistics work.

I simply can’t abide his soft one on one efforts.

He’s been around for five years and has the strength of a toddler.
Another one who is still trying to find the weights room at Arden st.
Pathetic footballer (3rd in a B&F)
What does that tell you ?

Another one who is still trying to find the weights room at Arden st.
Pathetic footballer (3rd in a B&F)
What does that tell you ?
That effort against Rachele should’ve seen him delisted on the spot.

I'm generally hesitant to post anything that ol' ad nauseam nose would take as encouragement, but we do need to have a talk about Scott. The move to the backline hasn't worked.
Even with a bit of time back on the wing today he still looks a shadow of the player from previous years. At half-time he had 5 touches and about 4 or 5 missed or broken tackles. Surprisingly he went at 92% for disposal efficiency which makes me want to doubt how statistics work.
thats fine there are others that compensate in this area,

Hey Clarko, you realise you have taken Scott out of his best position on the wing for no ******* reason?!

And then continue to keep him the defence where he is playing his worst footy ever? Are you trying to tank!? How many more games do you need for you to know he’s not playing well back there?!

******* deplorable decision making from a seasoned coach and you are destroying his career while you’re at it

Mind boggling
100 % agree with this. I just cannot understand the thinking. Playing Tucker and Stephens on the wings ahead of Bailey. It’s obviously pushing us backwards.

That effort against Rachele should’ve seen him delisted on the spot.
what was he supposed to do there? might have had a poor game but cant single him out on that point, Rachelle is extremely creative and was up and about after squibbing a couple of contests last week, that act was low percentage but highly creative and that he was able to execute the handball with extreme precision and then gather cleanly again was testament to his skill. if he held him any longer he would have got pinged for holding the man.

I remember a time when Jy and Powell played with that kind of flair. Powell is becoming more blue collar and iam fine with that but i really dont know what Jy has progressed to??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what was he supposed to do there? might have had a poor game but cant single him out on that point, Rachelle is extremely creative and was up and about after squibbing a couple of contests last week, that act was low percentage but highly creative and that he was able to execute the handball with extreme precision and then gather cleanly again was testament to his skill. if he held him any longer he would have got pinged for holding the man.

I remember a time when Jy and Powell played with that kind of flair. Powell is becoming more blue collar and iam fine with that but i really dont know what Jy has progressed to??
Hold his position and shepherd away/ not let him get back to the ball.

He has no strength. In a contact sport, it’s a massive problem.

Hold his position and shepherd away/ not let him get back to the ball.

He has no strength. In a contact sport, it’s a massive problem.

And failing that, the better players in the comp know to just hang onto Rachele and give away the free to force a stoppage in a less dangerous position, rather than let him go and have a free run and time to find a target.

What concerned me is that this sort of thing should be instinctive. In the moment Rachele got the ball past him, Bailey should have known the best decision was the professional free.

He's been really disappointing this year. But it's partly caused by not playing him on the wing (where he has shone in the past) in preference for two outright dud recruits. It's just infuriating.

The failed spoil by Scott on the wing was simply poor. There's no other word for it.
Finished 3rd in our B&F twice!!! As Alby Mangles would say "CRICKEY!!!"

Back on the wing. Structures held up.
We actually had someone out there who could provide run and wasn’t scared to have a dip.
And who wasn’t gassed in the last quarter.

Time and history is to look so poorly on Rawling.
We will reflect and whatever happens over the next few seasons, some of the free agency and trade acquisitions that we made will have us tearing our hair out.

North Melbourne wingman Bailey Scott is yet to sign a deal for next season after performance-based triggers in his contract allowed him to earn as much as $650,000 this season.

Despite suggestions he might be keen for a fresh start he has made no moves to do anything other than re-sign at the Roos. But he is another player who has made a positional switch that has not helped his performance after finishing third in successive Syd Barker Medals.

Pushed from a wing into defence, he ranks only average as a general defender averaging 20 possessions and 69 ranking points. He ranks below average for kicking, average for disposals, and poor for intercepts and intercept marks.

Entering his sixth season he would have hoped for another year of progress but it has been hard playing in a Roos backline that is bleeding inside-50s.

Inside 50 Newsletter​

North Melbourne wingman Bailey Scott is yet to sign a deal for next season after performance-based triggers in his contract allowed him to earn as much as $650,000 this season.

Despite suggestions he might be keen for a fresh start he has made no moves to do anything other than re-sign at the Roos. But he is another player who has made a positional switch that has not helped his performance after finishing third in successive Syd Barker Medals.

Pushed from a wing into defence, he ranks only average as a general defender averaging 20 possessions and 69 ranking points. He ranks below average for kicking, average for disposals, and poor for intercepts and intercept marks.

Entering his sixth season he would have hoped for another year of progress but it has been hard playing in a Roos backline that is bleeding inside-50s.

Inside 50 Newsletter​

Should always have been locked in as a wingmen, only Clarko knows what he’s doing here???🙄
Hopefully Bailey signs soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back