Senior 6: Toby Conway (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to GFC

Toby Conway...

Finally a ruckman

GO Catters

Last edited:

So that means we have Ceglar, Stanley, Neale, Tsapatolis and Conway as rucks on the list.
Can't remember a time when Geelong has had so many Ruck options

I like that. Ceglar and Stanley for 2022, while the other 3 are all long term potentials. History says that all three of them won't make it, so we need options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Conway as a pick although perhaps a little early. I just hope he stays with the club and doesn’t leave after 4 years of development.

I’ve got a good feeling about this selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Conway as a pick although perhaps a little early. I just hope he stays with the club and doesn’t leave after 4 years of development.

I’ve got a good feeling about this selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He won't leave. He's from Gtown, and a College boy.

On moto e(7) using BigFooty.com mobile app

To leave for a better contract as he becomes elite?

Honestly the kid supports the club and comes from a very good family so i think the flee factor is almost non existent. If he makes it he will stay with us long term.

Hes a calculated gamble rucks are but his aggression and workrate remind me of Toby Nankervis and hopefully he can be as reliable for us as Nank has been for richmond. Cegs and rhys dont have long left on the clock so hopefully he can lead our post Selwood onball division..weve needed a genuine tap ruckman with follow up skills since ottens and we are crying out for one still now so this is the pick that has the potential to shape our future if it comes off.

Our 2022 version of Sean Darcy?

Hes a very similar type of ruckman to what darcy was in his draft year..its a lot to expect he can become as good as darcy but i think he has the ability to so heres hoping.

Ceglar will be playing GFL at this rate

If Cegs isnt playing afl (which he might as rhys isnt durable and sav is no sure thing) he will play the jenkins fwd/ruck mentor role in the 2s..allows neale to develop mainly at chf while his body grows and conway rucks.

I wonder if we try tsapa at CHB as we will need a key back unless we rookie one tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back