Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs are naturally wary of the “go-home factor” when it comes to draftees from interstate, particularly with their early picks. No club can afford a repeat of the Jason Horne-Francis scenario when the No.1 pick from 2021 returned home to South Australia after just one season with North Melbourne.

Reid has a surprisingly strong view on the issue.

“I probably didn’t really look into it too much, but obviously one year, it’s not good,” Reid said. “You’ve had the opportunity to go pick one, they’ve picked you up and whatever pick you go to a club for like one year it’s a bit of a stretch.

“You got to settle in for a bit, and Adelaide 45 minutes on a plane, it’s nothing huge. I’m pretty sure you could settle in and I’m pretty sure the resources, and support a club would show for you and have for you to get past that stage and get to a stage where you feel comfortable with the people around you.”

Harley with the smack down of JHF…🤍💙🤍💙🤩. Can we just attempt to get him now…fudge the Eagles….regardless if he ends up there or here my admiration for him just went sky high…On ya Harley

Last edited:
Clubs are naturally wary of the “go-home factor” when it comes to draftees from interstate, particularly with their early picks. No club can afford a repeat of the Jason Horne-Francis scenario when the No.1 pick from 2021 returned home to South Australia after just one season with North Melbourne.

Reid has a surprisingly strong view on the issue.

“I probably didn’t really look into it too much, but obviously one year, it’s not good,” Reid said. “You’ve had the opportunity to go pick one, they’ve picked you up and whatever pick you go to a club for like one year it’s a bit of a stretch.

“You got to settle in for a bit, and Adelaide 45 minutes on a plane, it’s nothing huge. I’m pretty sure you could settle in and I’m pretty sure the resources, and support a club would show for you and have for you to get past that stage and get to a stage where you feel comfortable with the people around you.”

Well....that ****head has now made a precedent and it'll be on him if the eagles go with Curtin instead of Reid.

I know we had a minor war between exercise physiologists on here not long ago. What's going on here

Been taught how to run Gump style.
Be interesting to see how running like that impacts on his kicking, evasiveness. It's ok for sprinters who are straight line and off they go, but could you imagine trying to run and bounce the footy whilst trying to remain so upright?

I know we had a minor war between exercise physiologists on here not long ago. What's going on here

penguin running GIF

So run like an american footballer over a short distance…might work
Been taught how to run Gump style.
Be interesting to see how running like that impacts on his kicking, evasiveness. It's ok for sprinters who are straight line and off they go, but could you imagine trying to run and bounce the footy whilst trying to remain so upright?
Yep looks mighty like that……ground breaking stuff… as you say applying and dodging might be interesting. 4A3BA082-D90F-4808-B111-8199A6D3AB82.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like thats going to massively reduce any explosiveness he has from a pack.

New running style reminds me of one of those walking toy robots.

I tend to agree. I don't have a problem with footballers engaging with elite training methods from other sports, but this one strikes me as detrimental to JHF's natural bullocking ability.

I feel like thats going to massively reduce any explosiveness he has from a pack.

New running style reminds me of one of those walking toy robots.
Just imagining him collecting a loose ball and high stepping his way out of congestion only to get turned into strawberry jam by the Warlord

He’s going to be a hard boy to tackle if he continues to run like the after shot.

Indeed. The opposition will be splitting their sides laughing at such a ridiculous running style, so they won't get near him. Mind you he'll get pinged for running too far, so it won't matter.

Just imagining him collecting a loose ball and high stepping his way out of congestion only to get turned into strawberry jam by the Warlord

So it is written, so it shall be, although I reckon it'll be more Warlord chasing him down from behind, catching him, and injuring him badly in the process due to the fact that he's clearly very proppy in general.

Looks to me like that knee thing is/was worse than acknowledged. I remember he missed a game relatively early with us due to "hamstring awareness" and at the time I was almost glad - good, protect the asset - but if he's already going overseas to retool his running action for hamstring prevention I mean, that's not a good sign.

For a player as reliant on his burst and speed as Jason, not great signs.

Imo he ends up being a blonde Taylor Garner. And he's already played his good quarter of finals footy.

So it is written, so it shall be, although I reckon it'll be more Warlord chasing him down from behind, catching him, and injuring him badly in the process due to the fact that he's clearly very proppy in general.

Looks to me like that knee thing is/was worse than acknowledged. I remember he missed a game relatively early with us due to "hamstring awareness" and at the time I was almost glad - good, protect the asset - but if he's already going overseas to retool his running action for hamstring prevention I mean, that's not a good sign.

For a player as reliant on his burst and speed as Jason, not great signs.

Imo he ends up being a blonde Taylor Garner. And he's already played his good quarter of finals footy.
Poor kid is just trying to fit in..
room excuse GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back