Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 17: Old Man Yells At Crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

I have no idea what I watched.
Hardline Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO), both known for their bombastic and controversial rhetoric, reportedly quarreled on the House floor Wednesday – resulting in Greene calling Boebert a “little bitch.”

George Soros summoned the aliens, he's in constant contact with them.

giphy.gif

I know the USA is completely batshit crazy, but exactly what is the George Soros conspiracy? What I know makes absolutely zero sense.
George Soros is the funding version of "woke"

If you don't like something and wonder why it's supported by some people, it's because Soros is paying people to do it. If a judge does something bad: Soros. If a state legislature does something bad: Soros. If the ACLU wins a case: Soros. Deus ex Soros is the plot device for every conspiracy theory.

And the beauty of it is, that it brings the conspiracy theorists into white supremacy (It was the Jews all along!) so then they can all get together and blame Soros as the root of all evil. He's handing over to his son who is supposedly actually more politically active.

If you don't like something and wonder why it's supported by some people, it's because Soros is paying people to do it. If a judge does something bad: Soros. If a state legislature does something bad: Soros. If the ACLU wins a case: Soros. Deus ex Soros is the plot device for every conspiracy theory.

And the beauty of it is, that it brings the conspiracy theorists into white supremacy (It was the Jews all along!) so then they can all get together and blame Soros as the root of all evil. He's handing over to his son who is supposedly actually more politically active.
It is insane.

This really highlights the modus operandi of the right - they must have a villain. They must have an enemy. There has to be a fight about something/anything. It does not matter who it is and it does not matter if you make the whole thing up.

We have seen time and time again. In Australia it has been boat people, China, electric cars, etc.

**** it is tiring. But Humans are fundamentally stupid I guess and it works.

I do feel sorry for this Soros chap. Imagine giving away most of your wealth for the benefit of others and you cop all this

Last edited:
I know the USA is completely batshit crazy, but exactly what is the George Soros conspiracy? What I know makes absolutely zero sense.
A bunch of simple minded idiots live in a world where a "big bad evil mastermind" is behind every conspiracy. Like a cliched movie villain

To them anything that they can't explain or don't like must be the cause of the "big bad", and the big bad they have decided is George Soros. It's childlike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bunch of simple minded idiots live in a world where a "big bad evil mastermind" is behind every conspiracy. Like a cliched movie villain

To them anything that they can't explain or don't like must be the cause of the "big bad", and the big bad they have decided is George Soros. It's childlike.
Yep - plus its a not-so-secret means of being anti-semitic using Soros as a maguffin for all the ills of the world without looking like an anti semite.

And all serving as a distraction from the very real damage that the Koch Bros and others have done for decades lavishly funding climate disinformation.

and before woke it was migrants, and before that it was globalism, and before that it was...

And all serving as a distraction from the very real damage that the Koch Bros and others have done for decades lavishly funding climate disinformation.
The people who believe this stuff understand selfishness. So when you tell them Koch is funding lies they're like "yeah, that's so he can make money".

But they don't understand altruism, so when you say "these people fund these things for the good of humanity", they say "I don't believe people are that nice, they must be spending that money for their own benefit".

Keep in mind, religious people are taught that you're good because God told you to, and will punish you otherwise. It's why they don't understand why atheists aren't evil. If they're not being good to avoid hell, then why are they being good at all?

It's also a survival technique. If you're a hunter gatherer in Africa and you think you hear the bushes rustle, it's safest to assume it's a lion and time to run. If you think: well, 90% chance it's just the wind or fallen branch, there's a 10% chance you're dead. Darwinism has left that assumption of agency in our brains.

The people who believe this stuff understand selfishness. So when you tell them Koch is funding lies they're like "yeah, that's so he can make money".

But they don't understand altruism, so when you say "these people fund these things for the good of humanity", they say "I don't believe people are that nice, they must be spending that money for their own benefit".

Keep in mind, religious people are taught that you're good because God told you to, and will punish you otherwise. It's why they don't understand why atheists aren't evil. If they're not being good to avoid hell, then why are they being good at all?

You just described my brother. He was a pretty awful human till he “found” God. He’s still pretty awful but he doesn’t act out against the rules.

Doesn’t stop him watching cage fighting or even people being executed on the internet but so long as he follows the rules in his book of choice he’s golden for a ticket to heaven.

We don’t talk much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back