Past #44: Djaran Whyman - drafted '06 rookie draft - promoted end '06 - delisted end '07 - 3 games for NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps but I know I thought that about Gibbo not that long ago.
Nah Gibbo has improved significantly every year since we first saw him down at the Borough. Whyman has been at the same level for the past 3-4 years.

I would rather he got a game than Sansbury, but I wouldn't be playing either.

We may as well give him a go. No point putting him on the senior list and not play him.

He has pace and if he can develop his consistency could be a handy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in a sports central news update. They said "Djaran Whyman will make his debut for the Kangaroos on Sunday." They didn't attribute it to Laidley or anything, but without the official 22 being named until Friday night, I assume that it was announced down at Arden St.

Adams, Thomas, Campbell, Hansen, Whyman, McMahon, Riggio.

I think only Collingwood have debuted more (or maybe the same), but we haven't really done it out of necessity (i.e injury) either - which is the best thing.

Add to that Lower, Gibson and Swallow, second year players who got a run last year.

Moran yet to play again this season.

How quickly you forget Schwarze & Perry. The other 2 debutantes form last season.

13 in 2 years (and counting is on par with Port Adelaide and only behind Brisbane - with 14 during the same period).

With Whyman coming in, I think we will see Whyman and Adams for Thomas and Wells.

Would rather we see Moran for Brown as well, but would be happy with those changes and Adams getting a proper crack at the midfield.

He will perform.

And a midfield with Simpson, Harris, Swallow and Adams is a maniac midfield. They will all knock eachother out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back