Past #44: Djaran Whyman - drafted '06 rookie draft - promoted end '06 - delisted end '07 - 3 games for NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Whyman had some cameo roles from what i saw (mainly first half). Loved his loud "****" when he hit the goal post from in the goal square.

Tell you what though Harding showed a lot, but he is still the WORST set shot for goal. Someone really needs to show him how to follow through with a kick. He was stabbing at them from 40m out.

Djars was robbed of that running shot from 50. That was so much a goal.

Did i just see Leigh brown use his body to make a contest :D hopefully that vid is shown in trade week.

As for Whyman was very stiff to go and thought he would of been a tough call rather than 1 of the first 2 get the flick.

He did have 4-5 years more experience in a state league competition than thomas and campbell so u would expect more composure than the 2 younger ones

Great stuff.
The coaching panelmust have great faith in Thomas and Campbell, cos in his brief career Whyman looked the far more composed AFL player of the trio.

You think? I thought Djars just didn't look up to AFL standard. Struggle to get near the ball. Thomas is, and question mark on Campbell being more than a flashy forward pocket type.

Djars had one bad game, in Brisbane, when we got flogged and he spent just 30 minutes on the ground for the whole game.
He two previous games he did well and took his chances.
Thomas has shown potential, but he didn't work hard enough, staged for free kicks too often, and missed easy shots on goal.
Campbell has pace and skill, but is very small and hasn't yet shown he can find the ball enough to damage opposition sides.
Djars was by far the more productive of the trip in the VFL also.
For where we were at, I though Djars had done more to earn a spot than Thomas, Campbell and even Harding.

I'm sorry to see Djars go. At last year's BBQ he was definitely one of the friendliest most approachable and affable new players there. I chatted with him for ages and followed him closely this year.

He WAS a victim of the Lions shallacking, yet on the night he was one of many who were below par.

I thought that when we were really up and running this year, and making the doomsayers sit up and notice our new attacking style, that it was Djars, Thomas and Campbell playing a major role in us being on such a run of good form.

Towards the end of the year they were rarely even thought of in the seniors side, and we subsequently slid in form whilst those players starred for North Ballarat. It can't be a coincidence IMO.

Sorry to see you go Djars..............all the very best for the future :thumbsu:

T'toes

One of the best three game North careers ever, thanks for the memories Djars.

DJAAAAA*sobs*AAAARSSSSS

Yes, yes, sad terribly sad, he'll be missed &c &c - but aren't you in PARIS FFS??? RB you know I am your biggest fan so you'll understand that I say this with love:

Get off that computer and go and eat frites and drink cheap wine and marvel at pay toilets with half height walls and . . . .get Parisian!! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to thank Royal Blue for posting that clip, and not Fallout Boy, which I had braced myself for after reading the thread title and seeing the youtube logo.

Good Luck to Djars, I hope something else bobs up for you.

I would like to thank Royal Blue for posting that clip, and not Fallout Boy, which I had braced myself for after reading the thread title and seeing the youtube logo.

Good Luck to Djars, I hope something else bobs up for you.

Djars > Fallout Boy

why whyman, liked him. could you imagine him, matt campbell and lindsay thomas in the same team in a few years? that would have been electric

Has signed with East Perth, my boys, in the WAFL for 2 years.
Gives me an excuse to go and watch the Royals next season.
Should still be on an AFL list and will carve up the WAFL if he puts his mind to it.

I am happy for him. Gave it his all to make the AFL. Just never quite delivered. Lets hope he can have a decent career over in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back