Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we all know he's home almost playing injury free footy so he's right for wherever he is next year. He is not helping the so called team improvement and success pfft.

Honestly can we just fold now. Or offer to be the Tassie team.
Criticism is fair. This kind of comment should be banworthy. Anyone tempted to say it - especially in the cool light of day when you’ve got time to think about it - should really think about it more carefully. And then not.

Yeah we all know he's home almost playing injury free footy so he's right for wherever he is next year. He is not helping the so called team improvement and success pfft.

Honestly can we just fold now. Or offer to be the Tassie team.
I know of you as a fair dinkum supporter mate.

That's understandable emotion getting to you right now. Just take a short break from following the team at these kinds of times I reckon.

Come back to it when the severity has dropped a bit in your mind.

I know of you as a fair dinkum supporter mate.

That's understandable emotion getting to you right now. Just take a short break from following the team at these kinds of times I reckon.

Come back to it when the severity has dropped a bit in your mind.

The north Facebook supporter pages are absolutely flooded with similar comments from people RE: merger/fold.

Now, I don’t know what the future holds for our club but I think many are drawing comparisons from Fitzroy days and it doesn’t help being a small club the afl hates.

Comments probably come from a place of heartache, despair and frustration.

I’m at the point where watching one quarter breaks my heart and I can’t go on…

But that’s just me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
One of our greatest weaknesses is the mentality of people within the 4 walls that we are a small irrelevant club.

Brady Rawlings subconsciously embodies that mentality, because he is happy to pay overs to B and C Grade players to get to them to the club. What he should be doing is using the same logic as any other club, are you good enough and do you command that contract.

If players want overs to come to us, then tell them to heck off, we don’t want players only their for a pay cheque, we want fully committed individuals.

If that means we struggle to acquire players, then that’s fine, use the draft and build within. When it turns then cash in on players that can smell some success and aren’t their just for an easy pay day.

Choice of continually losing and blindly follow a team that's affecting my mental health over the last 5 years or folding I'll take folding over so called non existent rebuild. Time to clean out the board and other people at the club.
a clean out is not the same as closing the club.

but if you're going to sit around here saying that you want the club to fold cause it's bad for you mental health then, again, the doors right there.

Choice of continually losing and blindly follow a team that's affecting my mental health over the last 5 years or folding I'll take folding over so called non existent rebuild. Time to clean out the board and other people at the club.

It will only ever fold because of people like you 👍

It’s like at times he loves the club and plays with heart and then in other moments realises he’s on the way out and ball watches.

That saying Larkey absolutely burnt him for a walk in goal in the 3rd that Zurhaar should have baked him for.
I have seen em both do this to one another, the synergy isnt great between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offer him a 2 year deal massive overs. A mil a year maybe, we are strugling to pay the min TPP. Shows the younger brigade there is a bit of suger for someone that sticks fat. And he can still exercise FA in a few years where we will really be wanting to top up.

Criticism is fair. This kind of comment should be banworthy. Anyone tempted to say it - especially in the cool light of day when you’ve got time to think about it - should really think about it more carefully. And then not.
Agree in every sense with this comment, it’s bad enough this club has been copping it from brain dead opposition supporters and media flops who are doing it for click bait.
that comment is basically removing 100+ years of history for a group of plastic franchises

They dont "make" the compensation anything,the team thats courting hims offer does.
Nah the AFL decided what band compensation based on the contract. And what I am saying is the AFL will do last minute change to the rules to ensure we don’t get band 1. But me be sarcastic seems to have gone over a few peoples heads here. I didn’t realise we all had immense faith in the AFL to uphold rules that would benifit us. My bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back