Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

O well say what ever use like on here about Derek Eggmolesse-Smith,
Wait and See,
He’s a Hard Egg, Scrambled Egg, poached Egg, Etc;
At least use no him by the name or nickname ,

All I can say is He has a great future ahead of him, Thank you for Commenting Everyone,

Good Luck to him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I know he is on the fringe and he had things to work on but tbh I would have kept with over garth/miller, we still need the hbf depth (as shown at the start of this year & houli cant play a full year)

He should have a football future for ok coin somewhere

he played plenty of good footy in the VFL for us and was very good in last years grand final

and saw a snippet of a scratch match which he looked good in , alert , cool with ball in hand

best of luck where ever life takes him and I hope his time with us has set him up well for the next phase

A lot of people on this thread are saying that, must be a lot of tough guys on this thread lol.
I didn't see him do anything soft.
He pulled out of contests. That's a big no. Not everyone has to be a Kellaway or a Grimes, but you can't routinely pull out. Just not good enough.
He isn’t hard enough at the contest. Watch him closely. Lacks physical presence
Multiple times in multiple games.
Yep.The Port game, His timidness stoodout like a sore thumb.
The best example. It's not just a slowing down, he actually pulls up and waits for the opponent to take possession.
Can't have that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a bit of xanthophyll about him.

He's (on) toast
I dont wanna be bacon any predictions but he might be paired up with a new club next year
In a successful club, you cant make an omelette without breaking a few Eggmolesses
His (hollan)daise at Punt Rd are over
Well that was over easy
He got delisted but he wasn't even one of the ones at the strip club be-ne-dic (t)
Finger on the trigger today Walt.
Walt kow.gif

He has lots of AFL traits but a few that need working on. In the end AFL is cut-throat, you can't afford to be a project player after 3 years because as a half back especially we have some really good ones, and it is also a spot where you players come in and learn the game, Stack 2019. Who knows this year, Cumberland, Ralph Smith, Naish, maybe even Dow, new draft picks.

Derek may get picked up via a rookie list, or go back to the VFL and work on his weaknesses. He has the tools to get back to the AFL as a better player in a year or two maybe, like Aarts or any number of mature age pick-ups, because he has the talent to play AFL as he has already shown.

The challenge is there if he's up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back