Retired 41. James Toohey (2014-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep from deaths door to 2011 premiership player and all the commentators could talk about was the Andrew Krakouer story,2 years latter and I'm still pissed off.
The fact that Tom Lonergan isn't the most admired man in the AFL is evidence of the media hate towards Geelong. And Krakeour, what a tool, a guy like that should be publicly shamed, not lauded.

from all reports the Kangas and Tigers were dead keen. The Cats had him down for an interview then told him over the phone they would take him. I was confident that he would've gone in the 3rd round but extremely excited they have him now. An absolute superstar of a kid, outstanding leader, leads by example, works hard, super articulate, well grounded and a ripping family upbringing. Yes, I rate him highly and I hope you'll love him too

Loves to ruck as well, can leap, run and thump a footy. Can also take those great one grab clunkers. I think he'll play back. I'm not getting too carried away but I'm trying to keep it in my pants!!!

The fact that Tom Lonergan isn't the most admired man in the AFL is evidence of the media hate towards Geelong. And Krakeour, what a tool, a guy like that should be publicly shamed, not lauded.
Some of you really need to build a bridge. It was two years ago and we won. Lonergan's courage comes up after pretty much every good game he has, to the point he actually seems quite embarrassed at times that he has to go over it again and again.

Also, the media doesn't hate us. This 'Geelong Persecution' complex is all in your heads and is one of the worst things about this board.

BaH23U2CMAAm0Uh.jpg:large

Highlights show him as a forward , bio says he transitioned into defence.
At 197cm he'll be too short to Ruck but looks to have some talent , could turn into another "Harry" clone as a swingman.
Defenitely fills a need and balances our list so good luck to the lad :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hoops look good on him. And some of the reports on this kid makes me only even more confident we have picked up a super value tall. He looks to already have a body to build on. Best big KP body we have recruited since Hawkins?
Harry Taylor?

At 197cm he'll be too short to Ruck but looks to have some talent , could turn into another "Harry" clone as a swingman.

Definitely can ruck, like a Roughead, will be an acquisition, only problem is we need to look fwd to an injury to get to see him.
Could have been a main draft selection, imho.

Definitely can ruck, like a Roughead, will be an acquisition, only problem is we need to look fwd to an injury to get to see him.

Believe it or not has played in the midfield!....remember he's got a tank according to the experts so they say.......now let's see Ross Lyon trump that.;)

Before people go nuts with there expectation of him, we should remember
1) he was an overager
2) he was a rookie pick
3) he hasn't played a game in the hoops

At this stage comparing his potential peak to Harry Taylor and Roughead is just asking to be filled with disappointment when we see him in action.

Keep your expectation realistic until shown otherwise when he plays at VFL level

1) he was an overager
2) he was a rookie pick

At this stage comparing his potential peak to Harry Taylor and Roughead is just asking to be filled with disappointment when we see him in action.

Keep your expectation realistic until shown otherwise when he plays at VFL level

Have seen him in action all year, genuinely excited. Let's be excited about such things in off-season.
The Roughie comparison was in reply to his apparent lack of height at 197 cm.

Have seen him in action all year, genuinely excited. Let's be excited about such things in off-season.
The Roughie comparison was in reply to his apparent lack of height at 197 cm.

Since when have you seen him all year?...aren't you with Eastern?

1) he was an overager
2) he was a rookie pick

Who's comparing him to Harry Taylor,did you take English as a second language or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back