Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be dropping either Campbell or Mansell
They are the type of players that we need to be pumping games into to continue their development, just need to ride the form fluctuations that come with young players

Would be nice to see Cumbo get a run but I wouldn’t be bringing him in for any of our younger players
Fair enough, if cumbo was to come into the team at some stage who would it be for then? Do you see a positional change on the cards for him? How we handle cumbo for the rest of the year will be intriguing imo

Fair enough, if cumbo was to come into the team at some stage who would it be for then? Do you see a positional change on the cards for him? How we handle cumbo for the rest of the year will be intriguing imo
Dusty if he needs a rest would probably be the best option since that was the role he played his best footy a few years ago but maybe a Kmac or Pickett type that would open a spot on the wing that we could shuffle others around into like Mansell who has played decent footy on the wing in the past

I wouldn’t be dropping either Campbell or Mansell
They are the type of players that we need to be pumping games into to continue their development, just need to ride the form fluctuations that come with young players

Would be nice to see Cumbo get a run but I wouldn’t be bringing him in for any of our younger players
Campbell needs a spell. Mansell is still working hard and survives. No way NIWL gets a game based on his current VFL output though. Reward Coulthard before him.

Campbell needs a spell. Mansell is still working hard and survives. No way NIWL gets a game basd on gis current VFL output though. Reward Coulthard before him.
Would still give Campbell another week
We just had a bye and another 10 day break between games with no one busting the door down at vfl level to swap out

Would still give Campbell another week
We just had a bye and another 10 day break between games with no one busting the door down at vfl level to swap out
Nah for me as he needs to go back to the VFL to start killing it. Been a passenger for a few weeks now.

Nah for me as he needs to go back to the VFL to start killing it. Been a passenger for a few weeks now.
Thought he played one of his best games v the saints, was quiet against the eagles and Melbourne but so did all of our smalls
I think it was more due to our talls not bringing the ball to ground enough and rough entries from our depleted midfield

Easy to jump straight to the small forwards not doing their job but the nature of the role requires supply as well and if they aren’t even getting a decent chance to even compete its not on them either and swapping them out isn’t going to solve the problem

Just means another player will struggle with the lack of supply

Thought he played one of his best games v the saints, was quiet against the eagles and Melbourne but so did all of our smalls
I think it was more due to our talls not bringing the ball to ground enough and rough entries from our depleted midfield

Easy to jump straight to the small forwards not doing their job but the nature of the role requires supply as well and if they aren’t even getting a decent chance to even compete its not on them either and swapping them out isn’t going to solve the problem

Just means another player will struggle with the lack of supply
Started off well, but died off. Talls is the problem, but if MRJ can get 14 in a half he should be at least competitive. I'm not a Coulthard fan , but he played well in the VFL and should be rewarded.

Started off well, but died off. Talls is the problem, but if MRJ can get 14 in a half he should be at least competitive. I'm not a Coulthard fan , but he played well in the VFL and should be rewarded.
Not off the back of one half decent game

He’s done less at vfl level compared to what you want Campbell dropped for at afl level
3 out the back goals after kicking no other goals for the year isn’t a form line worth rewarding

Like I said if somone was actually busting down the door absolutely but no point just to make changes for the sake of it

Not off the back of one half decent game

He’s done less at vfl level compared to what you want Campbell dropped for at afl level
3 out the back goals after kicking no other goals for the year isn’t a form line worth rewarding

Like I said if somone was actually busting down the door absolutely but no point just to make changes for the sake of it
Nope he was good and will perform better at AFL . Campbell has been poor and basically a pssenger.

Nope he was good and will perform better at AFL . Campbell has been poor and basically a pssenger.
So has coulthard at vfl level
Apart from one half
It’s just rewarding mediocre performances

So has coulthard at vfl level
Apart from one half
It’s just rewarding mediocre performances
No he played in a side with 7 AFL listed players and lifted us when we needed a spark. You are thinking like our coaches in keeping the side with stagnant footballers. The direct objective for this year is to look at every fringe player kid on the list and give them 6-7 games. Campbell has shown he belongs, but he's still 12-18 months away , so he's a keeper. He's died off and can have a rest now at a lower level and fight for his spot back. Rewarding mediocrity is playing Grimes, kmac and JGTI as they hold no future for us and therefore are stealing games from our development players. If they were performing of course they play, but they're so far shot it's embarrassing watching them constantly failing. We now need to look at others as that's the development process smart teams do. If kids are not at the level then they get weeded out, but you will never know how good they are if you don't play them. HRS Felau and MRJ were all under the pump weeks ago and have been terrific.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ongoing hatred for the guy on this thread is sickening. It's embarrassing to be associated with some of you lot.

You know who you are and you should apologise.

But it’s fine for others to show continued hatred to players like Graham, Grimes and McIntosh over and over again?

Don't be at a loss. Only good on field performance in the 2s is his way in and this guy is not performing. Forget the conspiracy theories, the player is not delivering and thus does not deserve a gig. Talented or not he's getting the number of senior games warranted by his overall performances at reserve level I.e. Zero. He has very little time left to resurrect any chance of a career with the Tigers. Looks a certain delisting at the moment.
Fair points

Just play the kid 3-5 games in a row and set the record straight

He either fails and gets delisted or he thrives and earns a new contract

He has all the tools, just needs the mental side to crack
Exactly

Lots of posters were gunning for Dow, Hugo, MRJ…to be delisted/dropped…

and what do you know…those players get a stint in the ones for a period of time and their confidence builds…they get into the rhythm of playing at the highest level

Cumbo should be given that chance

You just can’t help yourself hey.. must be bored

Clearly personal… he’s living rent free in your head
Cumberland is living rent free in his supporters heads mate
He is nothing to me and will forget his name the moment he is delisted

Stack supporters still cant sleep and you will be keeping them company

Cumberland is living rent free in his supporters heads mate
He is nothing to me and will forget his name the moment he is delisted

Stack supporters still cant sleep and you will be keeping them company
Na no one mentioning anything for ages and you just throw in a barb to start s**t again

like an itchy tick… insecurities suck hey… live rent free… hard to kick

Why don’t you try rip into some oppo players for a change.. that’ll help you break this bad habit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back