Past #37: Malcolm Lynch - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

The highlights package was a beautiful thing to watch. He has serious speed, sharp foot skills, can find space, links up well with teammates and can kick a long goal. Plus he adds to the 'lethal lefty' stocks.

though as flashy as he looks, is anyone a bit spectacle on the reason he never got a game at senior level when he was on the Dogs' list?

bit of this!
love a good running long bomb from 60.
haven't had too many the past few seasons.
Was it Adelaide that Ziebs did it against this season? That was great.

Which is exactly the same thing we need to be doing with LT.:thumbsu:

LT high at HF was producing some serious numbers and still kicking 2 goals. Turns his bloke inside out and that passing by foot of his is deadly from any distance. Reckon if he was told to pass it to some bloke in the crowd his set shot goalkicking might improve.

With Wright and Harvey up there Adams and probably Harper at times are released to the midfield.

Was my favorite player at Port. Great to see him getting a run in A F L. I Will be getting to a few games to see him play.:thumbsu:

LOL I've been an 11 game member for the last 3 seasons :)

OrsonWellsApplause.gif

:thumbsu:;)

The highlights package was a beautiful thing to watch. He has serious speed, sharp foot skills, can find space, links up well with teammates and can kick a long goal. Plus he adds to the 'lethal lefty' stocks.

though as flashy as he looks, is anyone a bit spectacle on the reason he never got a game at senior level when he was on the Dogs' list?
He got two games with us in his first year - he went away for the end of year break, came back in terrible condiition, and told the club he couldn't train because he got mobbed everywehre he went when he was at home.

In a nutshell, he was an immature teenager and that cut his career with us short (as well as Harbrow being a FP at this time) - maturity is something time may well have fixed already.

It certainly wasn't pace or talent that stopped his career earlier, and in many respects that's the sort of punt you need to take for the rookie list - an bad run with injuries or attitude problems a year or two ago, but someone who definately has the talent to make it.

Has tremendous amounts of talent which was the reason why he was kept on the dogs list for so long despite only producing average to above average games at VFL. This should tell you how much people and the dogs rate his potential. The mental part is a bit conflicting, there was reports he didnt try hard enough and coasted along and some reports stated he trained very hard.

Now that he has torn it up at VFL one would think his head is in the right place, ball is in his court now to make it work at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the backstory everyone, particularly the Dog fans.

Lets hope that mentally Lynch is now in the right frame of mind at AFL level. He certainly has the talent.

And.....?

Seriously, he was fantastic in last year's VFL GF playing off the wing and through the midfield and kicking to the advantage of the forwards.

Barring injuries (and some weird AFL rule that wouldn't apply to the Swans) I predict he'll be playing in round 1.

Well his brother was a reasonably good footballer, won the leagues reserves B and F as a young bloke. He was super quick and so was his sister.

High school warie: Interschool sports at Aberfeldie, the girls 4 * 100 relay, our school was probably close to last coming into the last leg and 10-20 metres behind, that was until Mal's sister got the baton. She overtook them all and shat it in.

It's funny how he is a spitting image of his brother R but doesn't look anything like another of his brothers called N

Well his brother was a reasonably good footballer, won the leagues reserves B and F as a young bloke. He was super quick and so was his sister.

High school warie: Interschool sports at Aberfeldie, the girls 4 * 100 relay, our school was probably close to last coming into the last leg and 10-20 metres behind, that was until Mal's sister got the baton. She overtook them all and shat it in.

It's funny how he is a spitting image of his brother R but doesn't look anything like another of his brothers called N

Ayres was probably on the ball deploying that super-speed out in the midfield.

Let's hope we don't try to turn him into a forward pocket goalsneak or a defensive forward.

Could he possibly be a back pocket (along the lines of Harbrow and the finger twirling Neon)?

I don't think so but am interested in the thoughts of others.

He got two games with us in his first year - he went away for the end of year break, came back in terrible condiition, and told the club he couldn't train because he got mobbed everywehre he went when he was at home.

In a nutshell, he was an immature teenager and that cut his career with us short (as well as Harbrow being a FP at this time) - maturity is something time may well have fixed already.

It certainly wasn't pace or talent that stopped his career earlier, and in many respects that's the sort of punt you need to take for the rookie list - an bad run with injuries or attitude problems a year or two ago, but someone who definately has the talent to make it.

Cheers Mof.

I seem to have managed to miss any sort of information on Lynch. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on him, type of player and how far away he might be from senior football?

Disclaimer: and no, this isn't anything to do with supercoach / dreamteam

Lightning quick midfielder/forward with a damaging left boot. One of the more exciting highlight packages I've seen from a new draftee.

Has had a lot of injury issues in the past.

I can't wait to see what he can do. I think he would have been really pushing for some senior footy early, but he's had an interrupted pre-season (not sure what happened, anyone?).

[youtube]XyT49zb401A[/youtube]

Given his age and the fact he is on the rookie list, he'd need to be ready for senior footy pretty quickly.

I believe he started at Footscray as a small forward, and when he went to Port Melbourne they moved him into a midfield role.

Appears to have some tricks and can look quire exciting. Hopefully he rips it up at VFL level early in the season to stake a claim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back