Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Do you agree with the 'Watt' decision?

• Yes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is he getting a farewell game? we don't owe him shit! I despised him as a footballer and god knows how he played 150 games/10years... i know he's a good bloke and all but fair dinkum what an absolute hack of a footballer and slowly but surely the deadwood is leaving arden st!

Thanks shannon and congratulations on a great contribution to the club. 11 years and somany games is a great effort.

I've stood and applauded the great work he's done on many occasions. Although not always consistent, he played his role and gave his all for the club.

I'd say those at the club are in a better position to judge the merit of his naming this week than many of the deluded experts taking pot shots from behind key boards far removed from the workings of the club. On those grounds, he deserves it and I hope we enjoy the day with a win.

Life member, always gave his all, often against the best in the biz.
Great way for him to end, wish him all the best for the future, he looked so excited about the result.
Been a real whipping boy of many, but he can be proud of his efforts for NMFC.
:thumbsu:

Great servant of the club. Was glad you got to play a final game, and im glad that it was a huge win to send you off. Dedicated a good chunk of your life to the NMFC and deserved nothing less. Good luck in your future endeavours.

Feel sad we couldnt get up for simmo now :(

Also gratz to rawlings on 200. Played your socks off

Other than it being in a winning final, that was a perfect sendoff for a life member of the club.

Well done Shannon and thanks for your efforts over the past 11 years :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's with a tinge of sadness that we say farewell to Shannon Watt because, well f*ck, who do we blame when things go wrong now?

Laidley's gone.

Leigh Brown's gone.

Now Shannon Watt's gone.

And we're 13th with nobody to blame.

He really does seem like a terrific guy. I hope he has a great future in front of him.

Here's some pics from Swatta's farewell game

i34435_Clipboard04.jpg

i34436_Clipboard03.jpg

i34437_Clipboard02.jpg

i34438_Clipboard01.jpg

Back