Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on Nostrils he's no worse than CCL/Xerri who are both not AFL standard. Perez, Young, Lazzaro and Stevo as well.

And McDonald, McKay and Corr. Probably just behind Tuckers.

My point is, we could use his pace. Even if just to run off the ground for a spell lol
He is just not up to it against the senior bodies

Has no impact at even vfl level, he’s quick but it’s pointless as he has no strength to make any strong tackle

Will be the first bloke delisted this year. If he isn’t then he’s kicked 20+ goals in the seniors and it’s a miraculous turnaround.

Just struggling to adapt to the professionalism of AFL football. Late start to preseason was understandable but avoidable and you can tell he’s coming from a long way back.
No surprises here. Writing was on the wall in Feb

No surprises. Phoenix looked so far out of depth it was cringe worthy. Indecisive and lacking confidence. Maybe a player in a few years time if he can go and get plenty of possessions and goals in some lesser leagues.

Just my 2 cents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was better than Gordon Narrier. Thought he showed a little bit and played his part in our win against Richmond in 2022. He’s still very young

Never seen a guy as scared on the field as Spicer. I applaud the club for giving him every opportunity, especially this year with like 6 games in a row. Was just not meant to be. I hope he stays in the game and plays at a level he is comfortable with. Always had a smile on his face despite being on the losing end for probably all his matches.

Was only so far pressure acts were going to get him, actually had to go for the ball at some point.
Sad that it didn't work out because he looked to have some real x-factor.
Wish him all the best in the future.

You’re 100% correct.

Pies loved him, would have taken him if he was on the board
And the way Collingwood develop players as opposed to us, he'd probably be lining up in a GF today and we'd all be posting well wishes in the "Beau McCreery - drafted pick 42 2020 ND - delisted end '23" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back