Past #32: Eddie Sansbury - drafted in 2003 - 40 games in 5 years - delisted at end '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie Sansbury played 40 games for 14.5 wins - a percentage of 36.25% - which made him the 'losingest' 10+ game player on our list.

Blake Grima played 15 games for 12 win - a percentage of 80% - which made him the 'winningest' 10+ game player on the list.

So if we lose our lucky charm and our 'poison' on the same day, does that mean we break even?

You guys never miss a chance to sink the boot in.

Sad to see Sansbury go, did alot of work in the past 2 odd years with the indignous boys like Campbell and Thomas making them feel welcome in Melbourne.

If it wasn't for him, I'd imagine they'd have packed up and left at the end of last year.

I for one am sad to see him go. Has a young family and I wish him al the best :thumbsu:

Eddie Sansbury played 40 games for 14.5 wins - a percentage of 36.25% - which made him the 'losingest' 10+ game player on our list.

Blake Grima played 15 games for 12 win - a percentage of 80% - which made him the 'winningest' 10+ game player on the list.

So if we lose our lucky charm and our 'poison' on the same day, does that mean we break even?
Only you could have even thought to research that stat!! Very amusing.

As for Ed, it's about time....but my issues with Ed were as an AFL footballer and not as a person who gave his best but was good for VFL and not up to AFL. Best wishes for the future Ed.

Only you could have even thought to research that stat!! Very amusing.

As for Ed, it's about time....but my issues with Ed were as an AFL footballer and not as a person who gave his best but was good for VFL and not up to AFL. Best wishes for the future Ed.

Very well put:thumbsu:

Best of luck Ed.

That's:

Sansbury
Sinclair
Grima
Thompson
Davies

?

Sansbury
Sinclair
Grima
Thompson
Davies
Grant

plus Harro has asked to be traded; plus Brown is still on the list.

Sad to see Sansbury go, did alot of work in the past 2 odd years with the indignous boys like Campbell and Thomas making them feel welcome in Melbourne.

If it wasn't for him, I'd imagine they'd have packed up and left at the end of last year.

I for one am sad to see him go. Has a young family and I wish him al the best :thumbsu:

Well said.

He's gone now, there's not really a need to stick the boot in. The Cooney joke is more than a bit old now.

I'm not saddened that he's off the list as I don't think he ever reached the level he needed to (and having been at that Grand Final I thought he did have the makings, so I'm sad to have been wrong) but I'm pretty sure he'll be welcomed back to the Dogs in the SANFL. I'll be delighted to cheer for him there.

It has begun, the push for youth has begun. Clearly the board and coaches are pushing to recruit young kids like the hawks did. If
we trade Jones and Harro for picks in the 20, that'd be 3 total, you'd hope to get some guns with those picks. Don't expect us to make the 8 next year, depends on whether Swallow/Adams, Ross, Riggio and Lower can step it up to cover these losses.

Don't expect us to make the 8 next year, depends on whether Swallow/Adams, Ross, Riggio and Lower can step it up to cover these losses.[/quote]

out of all the players that have gone- Harris is the only one that we'll miss. So making the 8 is a real chance in 09..

Also considering Jesse Smith will be fit in 09 (so they say) McIntosh will have a pre season to get his fitness back.

Now those 2 alone are better than anyone we're off loading - i think anyways. The more i saw of Josh Smith the more i liked.

Whats with this bullsh1t of "Dont expect us to make the 8 next year or we wont make the 8 next year" FFS, F@#k off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Ed, showed a bit during 2007. Thought he might make the midfield, but sometimes decision making under pressure a little poor. Anyway - good luck!

haha - its looking more and more likely that big leroy will survive another years cut! briliant (thumbs down).

Sansbury
Sinclair
Grima
Thompson
Davies
Grant

plus Harro has asked to be traded; plus Brown is still on the list.

Brown has been told thanks and goodbye
+
Corey Jones will be put on the trade table if clubs approach North with a reasonable offer. Certain!!!!!!

Well said.

Absolutely dominated some games at VFL level but didn't quite make it to the top.

Still played more games for our great club than everyone on here.

Lets give any departing player the respect and appreciation for their contribution as anyone would if we were face to face with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back