Past #32: Eddie Sansbury - drafted in 2003 - 40 games in 5 years - delisted at end '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Turk rated Sansbury the best athlete at the club. And Turk has an Olympic tattoo :thumbsu:

Can we work him into the Gibson deal?

North get pick 25 and Sansbury
Hawthorn get Gibson
Centrals get a signed 2008 premiership jumper

I was at the game on sunday between centrals and the bays and as much i was crushed that the dogs won , eddie sansbury was sensational in the 3rd and 4th quarters for the dogs. wish we could have seen that performance at north, but as most of us know there is a huge gap between the skill and pace of SANFL and AFL. we'll see if he backs up that performance in the GF in 2 weeks time.

Liked him, here and there. Had a couple great games.

Great SANFL performer.

Talking scrapheap players, I'd take him ahead of Skipworth, for example.

But no.

Saw the game live today, and Eddie played very well. But did he not play some VFL games like that too? I was bewildered by the leverage given to him by his opponents today, AFL is normally not so generous with time and space

He is a good, not a great, SANFL player but he was not up to snuff at the AFL level. Simple as that.

agree Fles, I followed eddie closely, my local club was his jnr club, I dearly wanted him to succeed at the roos.

I watch him at SANFL too, the slightly less intensity and pace seems to suit him.

in my opinion, he struggled when this increased at AFL level

anyone watching the grand final on TV

10 mins gone in the 1st quarter and its all ED

racking up the possies and already kicked 2 goals 1 behind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he play on Trengove?

That'd make him the all time greatest player ever.

Nah, that was actually Delta Goodrem's brother Trent - who went on to win the Jack Oatey for best on ground. So I guess we draft him? (Jokes aside -Trent's a great guy)

Eddie was very good yesterday, and had a brief chat to him at the GF celebrations this morning - he was complimentary about North.

Eddie was very good yesterday, and had a brief chat to him at the GF celebrations this morning - he was complimentary about North.

That doesn't surprise me at all Rb. One thing Ed could never be castigated for was his character. As fine a bloke as we've had here over the past few years. I wish him well!

Nah, that was actually Delta Goodrem's brother Trent - who went on to win the Jack Oatey for best on ground. So I guess we draft him? (Jokes aside -Trent's a great guy)

Ah, hot dang.

A resume of 5 on Cooney and 4 on Trengove would have been special.

Hello Adam Cooney
Piss off from the top

The pure fury I had whenever he was selected has now been replaced with a genuine affection for the man. The fullness of time. Always tried and certainly had some tricks, just ask Cooney.

The pure fury I had whenever he was selected has now been replaced with a genuine affection for the man. The fullness of time. Always tried and certainly had some tricks, just ask Cooney.
IMG_20231224_133121161_HDR.jpg
I've been working at the Flood recovery centre in the Cairns City Lions clubrooms and I saw this plaque.

Eddie was part of the recent all conquering grand finals teams lead by Aaron Davey.

He would have been in his 40s holding down the FF position. They won 2022 as well.

View attachment 1878840
I've been working at the Flood recovery centre in the Cairns City Lions clubrooms and I saw this plaque.

Eddie was part of the recent all conquering grand finals teams lead by Aaron Davey.

He would have been in his 40s holding down the FF position. They won 2022 as well.

Biggie’s brother in the ruck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back