Height: 180cm

Weight: 82kg

Draft History: Pick 1 (Carlton), 2005 National Draft

Recruited From: Beverley Hills/Oakleigh U18

Debut: Round 1, 2006 vs Melbourne

Twitter: twitter.com/marcmurphy3

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

MY BOY!! haha. do people think i was justified in taking him number 1? i think after seeing him intercept a handball take two steps and boot a super goal, and make it look rediculously easily, im not gonna have too many people sayin i shoulda taken someone else

MY BOY!! haha. do people think i was justified in taking him number 1? i think after seeing him intercept a handball take two steps and boot a super goal, and make it look rediculously easily, im not gonna have too many people sayin i shoulda taken someone else

Great decision to take him with the number 1 selection by both you and the Blues.

I can't express how much I love watching this kid go about his footy. And that's unbelievable too, the fact he is just a kid, entering his second season. He's only going to get better.

Future superstar, and Carlton captain. I must confess I went absolutely beserk when he kicked that supergoal. BRILLIANT passage of play.

Absolute gun, can't wait to see him during this season and many more in the future for the Navy Blues.

im waiting for the day people stop comparing marc murphy to ben cousins and start comparing ben cousins too marc murphy, not that im putting any rediculous expectations on him.....

although u guys will probs not believe me i have played on him the year before he got drafted and beat him!! thats right!!
was assigned to tag him after his first quarter burst where he destoyed us, 11 touches and 3 goals lol, then after that i kept him to 9 touches and had 11 myself, and had him dragged!!
Sorry for telling u this csoe u guys probs dont care but this is my claim to fame because hes an absolute gun!

although u guys will probs not believe me i have played on him the year before he got drafted and beat him!! thats right!!
was assigned to tag him after his first quarter burst where he destoyed us, 11 touches and 3 goals lol, then after that i kept him to 9 touches and had 11 myself, and had him dragged!!
Sorry for telling u this csoe u guys probs dont care but this is my claim to fame because hes an absolute gun!

You must be a better tagger than Stenglein. WCE tagged him after a blitz in our match over there last year. Didn't matter - still toweled them up.

What has been impressive for me about Murph so far this year (yes, I know its only pre-season), is his ability to lay, and break tackles.
He look stronger, and his performance in these two areas shows that he is.

Reckon he might be a chance of avoiding those second year blues.:thumbsu:
See delidio board:D

You must be a better tagger than Stenglein. WCE tagged him after a blitz in our match over there last year. Didn't matter - still toweled them up.

What has been impressive for me about Murph so far this year (yes, I know its only pre-season), is his ability to lay, and break tackles.
He look stronger, and his performance in these two areas shows that he is.

Reckon he might be a chance of avoiding those second year blues.:thumbsu:
See delidio board:D

haha i wish mate!! was clearly the biggest fluke the the world culd have seen, but it will be a story i tell my grandchildren after Murph wins 10 consective brownlows!!

he aint, ive seen his misses, :eek: shes a STUNNER!:thumbsu:

Must be a new girlfriend because the question was put to him at a Carlton function at the end of last year and he said he was single.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im waiting for the day people stop comparing marc murphy to ben cousins and start comparing ben cousins too marc murphy, not that im putting any rediculous expectations on him.....

Lol ur right people should start comparing cuzouns 2 him. And soon we will be comparing judd 2 him:)

Great decision to take him with the number 1 selection by both you and the Blues.

I can't express how much I love watching this kid go about his footy. And that's unbelievable too, the fact he is just a kid, entering his second season. He's only going to get better.

Future superstar, and Carlton captain. I must confess I went absolutely beserk when he kicked that supergoal. BRILLIANT passage of play.

Absolute gun, can't wait to see him during this season and many more in the future for the Navy Blues.

I agree with everything u've said he certanitly is a gun player and no dout the future carlton captain though he should have got it this year:mad: And to think he is only in his second year of AFL he is only going to get better and yet his good now. When people said Judd was the best footballer in the league i agreed and i still agree now but he should enjoy it coz Murphy will soon take his place and will probably be the greatest player ever. Not probably will be:) Murphy 4 Brownlow:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back