Prediction 22under22 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

6 forwards picked - better than AA sides, but less than the 7 in an actual side. No room in a forward pocket for a 21 year old with 38 goals feels incredibly harsh:

Goal tallies

1. J.Amiss: 38
O.Henry: 38
3. J.Ugle-Hagan: 34
4. K.Pickett: 33
5. C.Weightman: 32
6. M.Owens: 28
7. J.Rachele: 20

Henry kicked bags of 4 against Collingwood and Port and 2 goals or more on 13 occasions.

6 forwards picked - better than AA sides, but less than the 7 in an actual side. No room in a forward pocket for a 21 year old with 38 goals feels incredibly harsh:

Goal tallies

Henry kicked bags of 4 against Collingwood and Port and 2 goals or more on 13 occasions.

It's fan voted and he's a bit unpopular.
You could argue Weightman is also, but perhaps his output over the past 3 seasons went in his favour.

Rachele being picked ahead of horne-francis is a hate crime.

One is a forward the other isn’t though he’d be better than Bailey “I have hair” getting picked

Bergman is very lucky to be in there

To a degree probably gets in as he’s in a successful side etc. Not the worst one not the best one. No one is worse than the Smith selection the bloke will be dead lucky to not be dropped and traded at years end

Fletcher is a gun just a few games in & deserves a spot. If he continues as he has started should be a cert for 2024. Wilmot a chance too

I’d have almost picked Wilmot anyway he was the one that I wanted instead of them putting Daicos as a defender- just pick Daicos as a mid jeez

Goal tallies

Why put him in the 22under22 side when at the end of the year he’d have a cry for mummy and request a trade out?

Ps: agree, he is stiff to miss. 38 goals is a solid effort playing second fiddle to Cameron and Hawkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal tallies

Picked the wrong cat. SDK has been indifferent this year and struggled for confidence since his facial injury.

Regards to JHF in a team of my own I had him as a hf but he was only in the midfield group.

Who has he had a better year then in the mids chosen?
Serong won the rising star in 2020
AFLCA best young player in 2021 but didn’t make the team either years

Last edited:
Apart from Bailey Smith I recon they have it right, which others are wrong?
Nick Murray being overlooked for a KPD position for Hayden Young (not even a CHB) and SDK who has had a shocker of a season. He was excellent before his ACL.

Rachele is a very questionable selection too. JHF should be in.

Nick Murray being overlooked for a KPD position for Hayden Young (not even a CHB) and SDK who has had a shocker of a season. He was excellent before his ACL.

Rachele is a very questionable selection too. JHF should be in.

Young has played both key and loose plus as a mid, he was going to be there somewhere. SDK hasn’t been great agree, but there aren’t too many u21 fullbacks, the young kid Sydney bid on (Adelaide player name is escaping me) I’d have considered though but even he hasn’t played a true FB really.

Rachelle and JHF aren’t the same position and people are forgetting how good he was in the first 2 thirds of a year

Young has played both key and loose plus as a mid, he was going to be there somewhere. SDK hasn’t been great agree, but there aren’t too many u21 fullbacks, the young kid Sydney bid on (Adelaide player name is escaping me) I’d have considered though but even he hasn’t played a true FB really.

Rachelle and JHF aren’t the same position and people are forgetting how good he was in the first 2 thirds of a year
Michelanny

Probably the only slight thing I hate is Daicos being shunted to the backline to fit in another mid
The problem was how deep the mids were to select from this year, you just have to look at who missed out. With Daicos he is the first picked defender anyway but yeah he is also starting mid.

The problem was how deep the mids were to select from this year, you just have to look at who missed out. With Daicos he is the first picked defender anyway but yeah he is also starting mid.

I’d personally rather just ship Bailey Smith out and pick another defender with Daicos into the middle

Actually just realized Ashcroft is on the wing.

That’s probably the shocker imo.

He’s been good, but nowhere near the level of Anderson etc.

He shouldn’t be in the team with the other mids and someone like Martin missing.

Warner is averaging 25 disposals, 4.5 clearances and has kicked 15 goals for the season. He destroys Ashcroft in basically every statistical department.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back