Past #21: Corey Jones - drafted w/ #60 in '00 ND - retired during '10 season - thanks CJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of McDonald... anyone think he's got another year or two in him?

Says a lot about McDonald to ask CJ to join him. He could have easily been swept up in the moment and gone alone.

He would be able to go on another year, he still provides them with good ball winning and tackling ability.

Did anyone else enjoy the contest between Spitta and McDonald? Chadwiko would have noticed _ Swallow can go into 2011 as a certified A-Grader.

Class all round, by both players, clubs and sets of supporters at the end. It reminded me of when Arch walked off at Footy Park in his swansong, without the abuse, verbal stoushes and spit prior. Congrats to CJ and Junior McDonald. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great send-off for CJ last night & even better that he was a solid contributor on the night.

Thank you CJ for all the great memories you provided. there is no doubt you were in our best 5 players there for 2-3 seasons & the number of mercurial goals you snagged over that time was a pleasure to watch.

I just wonder if CJ had been rested in mid-2007 when he injured his foot, whether he wouldn't have suffered such a blow to his confidence over the 2nd half of 2007 & perhaps had come back in 2008 in a positive frame of mind & continued on his terrific career.............. Who knows?

Absolute class act by Corey and just fantastic the way your club handled the entire night.

It was a great match to watch, unfortunate that we couldn't get the win, but I reckon it is going to be the start of a great rivalry. You guys seem to have the wood over us at the moment, hopefully we can change that around in the future because I reckon we will be playing some big games against you.

He was a great servant to the club and a great clubman. He did not spit the dummy when Brad told him he probably would not get a game in the seniors but he could have a role developing our kids. That gesture from McDonald to ask, and for Corey to refuse, was one of the greatest acts of humility and sportsmanship I have seen. All Class

The game was just flat out fun all round!

Did anyone else think, "Geez, he could play another year..."?

I was a bit
[youtube]XPHY9F-wHc8[/youtube]
when he was walking off.

I was more like "Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...."

(Kidding. Thought he was good yesterday. Really stepped up and showed his worth when the game was in the balance. Love ya work, CJ. Cheers for the memories. :thumbsu:)

Corey like Harris have shown their true class and this will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives. Must be something to do with being country boys. Well brought up , humble and likeable.

One in a lifetime chance

Have you ever imagined what it would be like to play alongside Shinboner of the Century Glenn Archer? Have you ever wanted to receive a handball from former skipper and 300 game player Adam Simpson? Do you think you’d be able to spear a pass to Corey Jones on the lead and run next to speedster Leigh Harding down the wing?

Now, you have the chance to answer all of these questions and fulfill a lifelong dream by putting your skills to the test with some of North Melbourne’s greatest players.

If successful, you will be joined by four retired Western Bulldogs stars to take on Geelong in the NAB cup flood relief Legends game on Sunday at Skilled Stadium.

The final spot in the Kangaroos/Bulldogs team is up for grabs in a special once in a lifetime online auction designed to raise money for the AFL’s Flood Appeal.

If you are 16 or over, CLICK HERE to bid:
http://integrated.imgecommerce.com/auctiononline/index.cfm?fuseaction=Display_Full&AuctionID=23522&count=1&siteid=27&orgid=27

The winner will receive a training guernsey, shorts and socks from their nominated team.

The auction closes at 10am on Friday morning (payment is due by 2pm) and all proceeds go to the flood appeal.

The nine per side legends match will be played between NAB cup round robin games 2 and 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they picked Caro for the opposition I imagine we'd see a line a mile long, blank cheques in hand, for the priviledge.

Good luck to those who do bid (and play).

WIN News just reported that Corey pulled the boots on for Wycheproof on the weekend and his stats were;

50 Possessions

11 Goals 6 Behinds

and played in the midfield:eek:

Corey like a number of our forwards was a guy who could play great one week and not so great the next week. He would have been a handy servant, like Harding, but not for very long. It is more important we learn to work with guys who will be here long-term, or hope to be here long-term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back