VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if the Zebras game at Wonthaggi on Sunday will be streamed live on the AFL site?
All games should be streamed
There is a “Watch Now” tab on the VFL app

oh7jiC3.jpeg

why are they in Wonthaggi?

Could be :
AFL think there is a good chance a StKilda player will get injured on the rough surface. They hate StKilda.

AFL team is playing in Tasmania , and they wanted the VFL team to go there too, but it didn't make it past the Bean Counters, so they chose a place where you'd be able to see Tasmania, forgetting that the world is round.

14yo me was at a footy clinic at wonthaggi with hawks players in 1982,they also played fitzroy there in a pre season practice match 1983,would have been their zone back in those days

SANDRINGHAM
B: Z. Cordy (21), A. Seaton (50), A. McLennan (41)
HB: A. Schoenmaker (27), M. Ryan (74), T. Blamires (53)
C: O. Lowe (59), B. Watson (70), M. Phillipou (25)
HF: R. Byrnes (13), C. Sharman (43), H. Hall-Kahan (55)
F: J. Docking (82)*, A. Caminiti (47), L. Collard (4)
R: M. Heath (42), P. Dow (15), Z. Jones (3)
INT: I. Keeler (17), Lo. Young (81), H. Clark (11), M. Benier (65), L. O'Connell (45)

Phillipou needs to dominate like Owens and Windhager did whenever they played VFL. I’d love nothing more than to see that.
Needs a few weeks there with instructions to relax and enjoy himself. He's had a magnificent run of 32 games till now but it's time to earn his place and dominate vfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANDRINGHAM
B: Z. Cordy (21), A. Seaton (50), A. McLennan (41)
HB: A. Schoenmaker (27), M. Ryan (74), T. Blamires (53)
C: O. Lowe (59), B. Watson (70), M. Phillipou (25)
HF: R. Byrnes (13), C. Sharman (43), H. Hall-Kahan (55)
F: J. Docking (82)*, A. Caminiti (47), L. Collard (4)
R: M. Heath (42), P. Dow (15), Z. Jones (3)
INT: I. Keeler (17), Lo. Young (81), H. Clark (11), M. Benier (65), L. O'Connell (45)

14 AFL listed players is surely our max so far this year?

Does anyone know much about Max Benier? Haven't read the code sports article due to a paywall but the title sounds like the club has found him in the VAFA and is moving him into the Zebras for a potential mid season draft gig. We don't have an open spot on the list so I imagine we may be shaping him up to be our Sandy rookie pick at the end of the year?

Maybe the club isn't fully satisfied with drafting any current Sandy players, and are looking at some locals instead?

Again, I haven't read the article so happy to be corrected or provided with more information if anyone knows anything.

Hoping to see Ari, Collard and Dow put in strong performances that get them into the seniors next week. Plenty of candidates to drop to the VFL after that performance
Wonthaggi is cold so at least Ari will be right because he's from Tassie.

Collard won't be able to run because he'll be wearing 5 jumpers and two pairs of track suit pants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back