Autopsy 2024 Rd 7 Blues Go Down To Classy Cats In A Belter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I usually try to choose one player in these polls so it is a hard choice this time.

I’m going Acres. Seemed like a standout, particularly in those dying minutes of the game.
Acres was poor for the first half. He turned the ballover and I think Miers destroyed him on the counter. Acres another prime example of our lack of defence, on the day

It was a mixed bag of really good moments and performances from players and team today, dominating in areas which produced some great pressure footy against a quality team that can hurt you when given the opportunity, on the flip side poor goal kicking, poor I50 entries, pressure organisation positioning and system, execution and turnovers hurt us mostly today, lacked the polish of the cats when moving/using the ball…

Room for improvement, and B23 players to come back there’s a heap of upside…
Great crowd and atmosphere back at the G…

Last edited:

Need Saad, Gov, Cerra and Martin in for much needed class.

Long season though, we might be a bit up and down while we are waiting for the cavalry to come back.

Good thing no injuries today!
Fogarty is as great a loss, as Saad, Cerra, Mcgovern. Fogarty's tackling would have hampered Geelong's easy exits of our forward line

Don't like to dwell on the umps, they're going to make mistakes, but their refusal to apply the rules as written today beggars belief.

They paid 24 free kicks for the game (league average is 38). Of those, maybe 2 holding the bl decisions were paid.

We rely heavily on front half pressure and repeat entries. We had 24 inside 50 tackles to 8. I counted zero holding the ball free kicks. 4 or 5 tackles should have been rewarded with free kicks.

How the umpires are so inconsistent week to week in their application of the rules is infuriating.

Did he mean team defence or our defence players ? I thought he meant team defence...
IMO, I think maybe a bit of both. They scored 118 points from 45 I50s. Defence in back half not as good as it has been at other times, but (IMO) defensive efforts in locking in forward half, and slowing down their transition when they got the ball on turnover, also not so good. IMO, we're missing what Gov, Saad and Fog bring to the table...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just your weekly reminder that if you change one thing (eg kick a goal instead of a point) then everything after that changes.

You can’t say (other than a mistake that leads directly to a goal, once) that any subsequent events would have happened.

Kicking 1 goal 8 points doesn’t mean we could have scored 6 goals 3 points with better kicking
Every event is a potential bifurcation.

Sam Durdin needs to come in replacing Young until Gov or Marchbank are back.

We might miss fog defensively problem is he doesn't hit score board - our small fwd inability to score from grounds ball or inside 50 clearance is a serious problem when we play so tall up front -- we have had this problem for a long time now even when silvagni was list manager why we haven't addressed it is beyond me when there have been multiple handy small fwds traded over past 6 years for very little ..

Just your weekly reminder that if you change one thing (eg kick a goal instead of a point) then everything after that changes.

You can’t say (other than a mistake that leads directly to a goal, once) that any subsequent events would have happened.

Kicking 1 goal 8 points doesn’t mean we could have scored 6 goals 3 points with better kicking
Every event is a potential bifurcation.
Exactly, everyone knows it’s your basic space - time continuum theorem.

The way we played today ….well losing the game was our density.

Gratifying to watch the centre clearance work today - a real point of difference. At the same time, you knew that late run would end if they didn't win it out of the middle again.

A few key ins in the next few weeks will help. But desperately counting down the weeks until we can see Motlop/Martin back in. The current smalls just don't cut it for mine.

Thing that concerns me most about Williams was the second half against GWS, when he had been subbed out, I thought our defence looked better.

He’s been out of the side for such a long time that we’ve basically built a back 7 without him

I’ve said it earlier that I’d like to see him up the ground maybe even at half forward at least until we get Martin and Motlop back into the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back