Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The rebuild process only has one success and that is a premiership.

On the flip side, however, it does have a lot more defining factors in terms of it being unsuccessful. So far it has not been unsuccessful. Club is still alive. We are competitive. Membership numbers are good. Future looks alright.

So we are essentially neither unsuccessful nor successful. I can’t see is being unsuccessful any time soon, however, being successful remains to be seen (and yes, we can avoid being unsuccessful and still not succeed at the same time - as most teams are most years)

Dodo is the greatest cockroach to ever be involved in the AFL. Even now there's talk his "stepping back" has basically just been him let Rosa be the front man while he's still in everything. How a list manager can accomplish nothing, literally nothing, in 25 years and keep a job is unreal. He makes sure he control over enough people at the club he cant be removed
Shhhh
Yeahh but...Lets not draw attention.
Leave them to it I say.
Take heart Freo, our time is upon us!
Yokai!

On the flip side, however, it does have a lot more defining factors in terms of it being unsuccessful. So far it has not been unsuccessful. Club is still alive. We are competitive. Membership numbers are good. Future looks alright.

So we are essentially neither unsuccessful nor successful. I can’t see is being unsuccessful any time soon, however, being successful remains to be seen (and yes, we can avoid being unsuccessful and still not succeed at the same time - as most teams are most years)
One winner , 17 losers, Tough gig!
Average performance would be one per 18 yrs average,
so lets bag a couple to get things rolling.
Yokai!

Club is still alive. We are competitive. Membership numbers are good. Future looks alright.
Club will never die, it is financial and will always have die hard members due to the history or Fremantle clubs

But success leads to growth in those areas. More members , more merchandise.
We need to see Optus Stadium filled for every game we play there.
We need to grow membership in other states too and see even more Purple in AWAY games.

Having spent a long time in Brisbane, there were matches when the opposition had more supporters than the Lions did, eg, Carlton and Essendon games.

Thats success. It comes from a long history of winning premierships. Not just from being middle of the road.

I see the 2008 rebuild via the draft as a success.

2010-2015 there was enough moments to say it was a success without a premiership.

3 x Top 4 finishes in a row is nothing to be sneezed at.

A maiden GF appearance and 2 x prelim finals.

2 X finals wins in Victoria.

A minor premiership.

There was enough moments to call it successful.

2010-2015 there was enough moments to say it was a success without a premiership.

A minor premiership.

Plus RTB gave us some relevancy in the competition.

A minor premiership.

A minor premiership.

Good for your positve outlook.

Too many bad years for me, i am hanging out for the real success.

Must be easier to rebuild when you get players like Daicos, JUH, Heeney, Gulden etc for free.

Imagine we add a couple of that class to our team. JL could out coach anyone.
I get your point but not really fair to include Gulden, every other club had the chance to take him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Freo vs North rebuilds should really be dissected by an ex list manager and have a massive article done on them. One received no help, booted a proven top coach for an unproven one, lost multiple good players consistently, blew trade loads on Hogans and Lobbs yet is exiting a rebuild stacked with young talent, 3 1st rounds picks and capspace.

The other received lots of help, lost mainly old duds, picked up who was regarded as the best coach of the last 20 years and is still uncompetitive with no signs it will change any time soon.

It really is crazy how different the two builds have turned out. Our drafting has been elite and Walls deserves a statue for his 2020 efforts alone
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Well written and OHHH so true.

Jordan Clark amuses me. I imagine he's the smart but naughty kid who hangs out with Brennan and Luke. If you haven't you should listen to his episode on Old Bull Young Buck where he details exploiting free icecream in Geelong and expresses his disdain for running.

I've put together bits and pieces from today's west for the article below.

JORDAN CLARK: 5 DAY BREAKS ARE GREAT BUT 4 WOULD BE BETTER
Meanwhile, defender Jordan Clark has expressed a desire to play more games with short breaks as the team prepares to face Sydney just five days after winning at the MCG.

"The boys love five-day breaks because you don't train as much and there's less meetings. I think it's great. I love them. The shorter the breaks the bett- er because I don't like sitting in meeting rooms. It's great."

images - 2024-05-08T091435.113.jpeg

Don't expect Fremantle to do much this week given they have just a five-day break before facing Sydney. The Dockers landed back in Perth on Sunday night after beating Richmond at the MCG earlier in the day and then had Monday off. They did little on Tuesday with the small groups jogging laps and then doing some skills on the sidelines.

Players practised their basketball shooting technique as they attempted to get the footy into the big bins. Then defender Luke Ryan produced a tennis racquet and proceeded to smack tennis balls high into the air to challenge his teammates to take difficult catches.

A rugby ball also appeared as Brandon Walker showed off his sporting skills. Walker appeared just as at home with rugby passes as he did showing off his ability as a NFL quarterback as he tossed the ball around the field.

20240508_090034~2.jpg

Unfortunately some of our own supporters are the worst offenders
Yeah, never understood the need to lean into personal attacks.

Attack the performance, not the performer. Keep it respectful and constructive and refrain from abuse.

According to the Champion Data bloke on SEN, Serong is the 10th best rated player in the comp. His ball use is what has seen him improve in the ratings.

In regards to the game on the weekend, despite all the talk of "fast Freo" we did our damage in the 1st and last quarter through uncontested marks outscoring Richmond by 7 goals. Conversely, in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where we used the handball game more and had nearly half the amount of uncontested marks we only only outscored them 5 goals to 3.

It is at around 31:20 of this video:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back