List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

My feeling is that Hayward is a done deal on big bucks to come home. Where is the noise that he's re-signing or going to Carlton from? Didn't he say no to the blues?

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club is certainly confident they are getting a quality player in.

I don't see how the Swans can keep Heyward on big money. He is a good player but they have some absolute elite players that need to pay.

With Rankine attending over 50% CBAs against Collingwood for the third time in his career and having a breakout game spending relatively little time forward, I think a goalscoring threat is pretty important. Enough that it should be part of the pipe dream scenario, to free up Rankine to spend more time in the middle and only go forward when it suits the team (for instance to break a tag or as a resting position).

If we miss Hayward as it seems we probably will, is there anyone else we would want? I guess Zuuhar is the obvious choice?
Blake Hardwick (FA) and Lukosius (trade) would likely be the two goal scoring threats we’re looking at I would suggest.

The club is certainly confident they are getting a quality player in.

I don't see how the Swans can keep Heyward on big money. He is a good player but they have some absolute elite players that need to pay.
Swans have already signed everyone other than L McDonald and Hayward.

One of them will re-sign, the other will be shaken loose.

Blake Hardwick (FA) would likely be the goal scoring threats we’re looking at I would suggest.
His stats dont suggest this

19 goals in his career with 5 coming today

His other stats are fine but I would like that goalkicking basket filled a bit more

Hardwick for me has always been a more natural forward than defender. He’s always been an elite kick, has great hands, and is a genuinely good one on one player.

Here’s a flashback to his draft year, where he played as a forward as a junior.

Blake Hardwick (Eastern Ranges)

The forward has drawn comparisons with Jake Stringer due to his ability to play either as a hardworking lead-up option or as an explosive crumbing small. At 181cm, Hardwick is incredibly difficult to match up on and kicked a heap of goals with Eastern Ranges in the TAC Cup. He booted bags of 12 against Bendigo Pioneers, 10 against Geelong Falcons and eight against Western Jets, totalling 56 goals from 16 games throughout the year. Couple that output with an average of 16 disposals and five marks per game and you have a very good prospect on your hands.

5 goals in 3 quarters against Port today, before his coach switched him to defence. Also kicked a bag of 4 earlier this year. Has spent the majority of his career at half back. Would be a good get for mine.

His stats dont suggest this

19 goals in his career with 5 coming today

His other stats are fine but I would like that goalkicking basket filled a bit more
He's spent virtually his entire career as a lockdown defender.

The plan was for him to be a forward this season, but Hawthorn's injuries down back prevented him from moving.

He kicked 4 goals against Collingwood as a forward as well.

Luke Beecken among the best for SA against WA today, might’ve continued to catch a bit more attention. If the Crows have interest like rumoured might be interesting to see if they have to use their 1st available mid-season draft pick to grab him after the strong season he’s had, if they do they’d have to be comfortable that Toby Murray will be available with their other pick(s) if they want him as well.

Disappointed my guy Eamon Wilkinson didn’t kick straight as 4 goals looks a lot better than 2 goals, like Beecken showed he has qualities that can translate to AFL level.

Luke Beecken among the best for SA against WA today, might’ve continued to catch a bit more attention. If the Crows have interest like rumoured might be interesting to see if they have to use their 1st available mid-season draft pick to grab him after the strong season he’s had, if they do they’d have to be comfortable that Toby Murray will be available with their other pick(s) if they want him as well.

Disappointed my guy Eamon Wilkinson didn’t kick straight as 4 goals looks a lot better than 2 goals, like Beecken showed he has qualities that can translate to AFL level.
Right now I’d imagine only one of Beecken/K Ryan will be there for our first pick

Question is, do we want the speedy outside player, or the hard-nosed, goalkicking inside player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Geordie Payne is likely to be very near the top of our targets in the MSD, showed really good form as a running back for the Devils last year with his speed, dare and run and carry. This year as an overager he's been transformed into a mid/forward and is killing it big time, no doubt will play for the Allies against SA this weekend in game 1 of the Nationals. Worth remembering too with a November birthday he's only really 2 months off being eligible for this year's draft.

29 disposals 17 K, 12Hb, 7M, 6T, 9 i50's and 4.1 yesterday against the Eastern Ranges in Coates Talent League and worth remenbering we were one of the 3 clubs to fly down to Tassie for a meet and greet with Payne family in the week prior to last year's draft according to Twomey, Hawks and Kangas the other 2 from memory. so they may have interest too. Best on for the Devils in 3 of his 5 games this season in the CTL. Also kicked 2.3 playing solely forward in the recent Young Guns game at Punt Road.

Geordie Payne, Tasmania Devils. Picture: Linda Higginson

Who is Geordie Payne?

Height: 184cm

Local club: Wynyard

Moved from the forwards to the backs this year with the Devils, Payne had a consistent Coates Talent League campaign.

His composure and decision making are some of the best features of his game, and he has reportedly attracted interest from Adelaide Crows.

Launceston’s Arie Schoenmaker (1.0 from 21 disposals) and North Launceston’s Heath Ollington (2.3 from 15 disposals) also cashed in on the Devils’ dominance in attack, while medium defender Geordie Payne finished with 18 disposals and a season-high 12 marks. The Adelaide Crows have been linked to Payne, who’s averaged 19.4 disposals and 5.1 rebound 50s for the Devils in a consistent 2023 campaign.

I think Geordie Payne is likely to be very near the top of our targets in the MSD, showed really good form as a running back for the Devils last year with his speed, dare and run and carry. This year as an overager he's been transformed into a mid/forward and is killing it big time, no doubt will play for the Allies against SA this weekend in game 1 of the Nationals. Worth remembering too with a November birthday he's only really 2 months off being eligible for this year's draft.

29 disposals 17 K, 12Hb, 7M, 6T, 9 i50's and 4.1 yesterday against the Eastern Ranges in Coates Talent League and worth remenbering we were one of the 3 clubs to fly down to Tassie for a meet and greet with Payne family in the week prior to last year's draft according to Twomey, Hawks and Kangas the other 2 from memory. so they may have interest too. Best on for the Devils in 3 of his 5 games this season in the CTL. Also kicked 2.3 playing solely forward in the recent Young Guns game at Punt Road.

Who is Geordie Payne?

Moved from the forwards to the backs this year with the Devils, Payne had a consistent Coates Talent League campaign.

His composure and decision making are some of the best features of his game, and he has reportedly attracted interest from Adelaide Crows.

Launceston’s Arie Schoenmaker (1.0 from 21 disposals) and North Launceston’s Heath Ollington (2.3 from 15 disposals) also cashed in on the Devils’ dominance in attack, while medium defender Geordie Payne finished with 18 disposals and a season-high 12 marks. The Adelaide Crows have been linked to Payne, who’s averaged 19.4 disposals and 5.1 rebound 50s for the Devils in a consistent 2023 campaign.
Do you know why he wasn't drafted in the end?

Would there be any chance of prying Shai Bolton from Richmond?
Surely he doesn’t want to play in the Richmond team for another 5 years?
I know he’s contracted and would cost alot.
But Rankine and Bolton, wowee
I'd be asking the question for sure.
He's had the good times at Richmond, but looking around now, he should be able to see the writing on the wall. Dusty will be gone and their team is about to hit rock bottom soon.

He should consider us. We could rotate him and Rankine through the midfield and forward line. Makes us much more dynamic on both positions and also protects Rankine's hamstrings a bit.

Who is Geordie Payne?

Tasmanian? Hmm

Tasmanian? Hmm
You see, I get the ‘good family, good character, sub-180cm, hard worker’ part of the generic drafting hate, but the Tasmanian part has never made sense to me

Outside of Siggins and Jones, what other Tassie guys have we drafted in the past 15 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back