List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there was an AFL podcast / video that suggests Saints are thinking about picking Daniel Mckenzie back in the mid season draft….
Starstruck GIF by Vulture.com

Well you’ve got to give something to get something so I think I’d be prepared to bundle up all your trade targets of Clark, Hayes, Membrey and Paton and send them to West Coast in exchange for Harley Reid.

Yeah I know it’s overs, but I just think this kid could be a goer

Doc, have you been up in Gringos cabin on the shrooms
Maybe it’s sarcasm; made it’s Gringo’s cabin shrooms.

Usually the results are fairly similar 🤪

Taj Hotton may have done an ACL at training apparently. Poor kid, was looking the goods so far!

Taj or Olli? Could be a very good opportunity for us if it'd Taj, some were suggesting that he could be a top 10 pick. If you could pick him up late now it would be good business.

A bit of waffle on the radio this morning about Luke Parker moving if he can’t get back into the ones.

Talking heads kept mentioning Norf.

Would be a nice fit for us for a few years too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cos that's worked SO well for us in the past...said no-one ever.

Max (despite the current ridiculous commentary) & Windy have worked out ok.

Plenty of kids has slid due to injury in their top age years & gone on to have great careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some will strongly disagree, but I think if we can find a taker, we move Hill on, dump that money into overpaying a FA or 2, so many nothing disposals where he gets the ball takes 3 steps and kicks long to contest, or completely ignores the easy 20m hit up to a free teammate and bombs away to a contest, or sags off his opponent and allows an uncontested mark in fwd 50. I'm not sure what Hill's value is.

Seriously overpay LDU and McCluggage to get them.

I know some will strongly disagree, but I think if we can find a taker, we move Hill on, dump that money into overpaying a FA or 2, so many nothing disposals where he gets the ball takes 3 steps and kicks long to contest, or completely ignores the easy 20m hit up to a free teammate and bombs away to a contest, or sags off his opponent and allows an uncontested mark in fwd 50. I'm not sure what Hill's value is.

Was last reported he’s close to signing on for 3 more. So yeah

Was last reported he’s close to signing on for 3 more. So yeah
yeah I know, maybe it is a case of the right player, wrong time, but it just hasn't ever felt like a deal in our favor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have to trade out a top liner to get more A grade midfield talent, then so be it. But this club is going no where with the current group. The list management team have some really tough decisions to make, because they need genuine midfield class and they needed them yesterday. How is it our club perennially can't find quality midfielders at any of the drafts? Last year we took Wilson and Garcia who might turn out well, but kids take years to develop.

How is it other clubs can find diamonds in every draft, including the rookie and mid season drafts and we get top 10 picks in past years and f...k everyone of them. So many stuffed years caused by incompetent recruiting and disgusting list management. God it's frustrating to follow this basket case of a football club.

LDU yes, but McCluggage is a bit outside like Hill, basically we looked at our inside 50 conversion issue and thought it was a outside/skill issue rather than the fact that we can’t win CLEANLY ball in contests / clearances.

So we got Hill.
If we have to trade out a top liner to get more A grade midfield talent, then so be it. But this club is going no where with the current group. The list management team have some really tough decisions to make, because they need genuine midfield class and they needed them yesterday. How is it our club perennially can't find quality midfielders at any of the drafts? Last year we took Wilson and Garcia who might turn out well, but kids take years to develop.

How is it other clubs can find diamonds in every draft, including the rookie and mid season drafts and we get top 10 picks in past years and f...k everyone of them. So many stuffed years caused by incompetent recruiting and disgusting list management. God it's frustrating to follow this basket case of a football club.
Because we chose the wrong coaches (Watters, Richo, Ratten) who were incompetent and sold the dream that the list is better than it is..

well, in a nutshell, we suck at it

well, in a nutshell, we suck at it

AKA you need money to have resources to find talent, as goodwill is a resource in short supply.

sasaint.......when the Saints aren't going s*** hot onfield....it's always great getting some off field delights.

The last few days are the delights of a good Bahn Mi....the mind boggles at what's in store for the next few days.

#watch
Well, given today’s result I thought I’d better clarify that Galway has a decent Bahn Mi as well…

Attachments

• IMG_4249.jpeg
    IMG_4249.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
With us looking like we will finish bottom 5 at this stage (fingers crossed we don't finish 9-13th) who are we wanting the most? I expect we will finish 4th-5t last. With Smillie probs going #1, Ashcroft bid on at #2 and then O'Sullivan at #3, that leaves Trainor, Jagga Smith, Chris Moraes and Sid Draper around our pick. Who would be best for those who know more than me?

With us looking like we will finish bottom 5 at this stage (fingers crossed we don't finish 9-13th) who are we wanting the most? I expect we will finish 4th-5t last. With Smillie probs going #1, Ashcroft bid on at #2 and then O'Sullivan at #3, that leaves Trainor, Jagga Smith, Chris Moraes and Sid Draper around our pick. Who would be best for those who know more than me?
Nobody can judge to that degree. We'll get a good prospect with our 1st pick but we need to do something to get another one in.

We have created a side full of running outsiders who are all soft but ignored our ability to win contested ball. We need to see what it looks like with a fit Dow and Crouch maybe and see what it is that Lyon want to play like but right now it feels like we're trying not to lose.

Why doesn't our club use the VFL from other clubs to bring in superior depth to what we currently have.

Joe Richards is a good example of a mature recruit who has very good skills and goal sense.

Also plenty of on ballers from various clubs i would d rather give a shot too then going round and round in circles with what we have.

LDU yes, but McCluggage is a bit outside like Hill, basically we looked at our inside 50 conversion issue and thought it was a outside/skill issue rather than the fact that we can’t win CLEANLY ball in contests / clearances.

So we got Hill.

Because we chose the wrong coaches (Watters, Richo, Ratten) who were incompetent and sold the dream that the list is better than it is..

We've been hiding from our rebuild stuff ups for years. Instead of admitting defeat we just keep cooking the books and offering false hope. I remember getting laughed at because I said Brisbane would jump us, then Melbourne, then Carlton, then Essendon and Gold Coast and every other side will because we made so many mistakes and had so many bullshitters in charge.

Lyon might be a dated coach but one thing he is doing is employing a professional football department for possibly the first time in our history. Getting the backroom in order will pay dividends and the step backwards to go forward at least has a chance under that type of set up.

Dalrymple is a proven recruiter and nothing will be left to chance this time. Chad Warner pick 39, Jordan Dawson pick 59 etc. That's why you get the best operators.

I'm trying to stay positive and imagine that Lyon is Paul Roos trying to train the players in basic standards which were missing for years. A lot of our older players are coasters from years of low expectations. The kids won't have that attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back