• McDonald

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but, using Sharp as precedent, if things got to that point couldn't we just get Baker to not nominate for the drafts like Sharp did then SSP?
Not remotely comparable. Baker is a $750k a year player that every team in the comp would want at the point of trade.
Sharp was a delisted player thrown a lifeline by freo on most likely minimal chips.

Beveridge is a moron. What he thinks is trash even if he's starting to build (unearned) confidence because he gets to talk on camera.

Twomey is worth listening to because:
a) he stays in his lane and doesn't pretend he's some great analyst because there is a camera there
b) his opinions/news etc is always from clubs/agents

And Schultz was contracted FFS, totally irrelevant to Baker and if Beveridge had a even a basic clue he would know that.

**** that dude pisses me off.
Agree Beveridge is a bit annoying mainly for his Carlton bias that comes through too often though.
Twomey is top class normally.
Worth noting Cal thought a pick from 10-15 was about right in response to this.

I’d suggest Cal is right on the money there. We aren’t getting baker for a second round pick. It will take one of the firsts, probably the middle one of the 3.
Anyone who says baker is OOC and cheaper - let me point you to the Luke Jackson trade. He was OOC too and we still paid full whack.
It makes stuff all difference.

Beveridge is a moron. What he thinks is trash even if he's starting to build (unearned) confidence because he gets to talk on camera.

Twomey is worth listening to because:
a) he stays in his lane and doesn't pretend he's some great analyst because there is a camera there
b) his opinions/news etc is always from clubs/agents

And Schultz was contracted FFS, totally irrelevant to Baker and if Beveridge had a even a basic clue he would know that.

**** that dude pisses me off.
Also if Collingwood had a legit pick around 15 or 16 it may well have been game on for Schultz. As it was it was pick 19/20 in a highly compromised first round which pushed it out to around 25/26.

If we end up with something like 11, 14,15 for example - pick 15 should get the deal done -potentially with an upgrade of a later pick for us. The Future fourth we have swapped for third round. If 11,15,16 then again same trade which ends up around 15 or pick 16.

If we went pick 19 and change for Schultz we ended up pick 26, 38 which is a crap deal for contracted player.

I agree with comments on Riley he seems to be the Robin to Batman Twomey and really just there for sh*#s and giggles. The jokes those two make are really quite pathetic.

Agree Beveridge is a bit annoying mainly for his Carlton bias that comes through too often though.
Twomey is top class normally.
Worth noting Cal thought a pick from 10-15 was about right in response to this.

I’d suggest Cal is right on the money there. We aren’t getting baker for a second round pick. It will take one of the firsts, probably the middle one of the 3.
Anyone who says baker is OOC and cheaper - let me point you to the Luke Jackson trade. He was OOC too and we still paid full whack.
It makes stuff all difference.
Depends on what value we place on Baker. Jackson was worth the price and I still feel we got a good deal.

Baker leaving seems inevitable.
Supporters need to wrap their heads around worth and what we should pay. Seems the media need to do the same.

Obviously we need to wait until we know what selections we have.

Say we hypothetically have picks 10, 14, 18 we should offer 18. They’ll want 10. Negotiations commence.

Now if we have 10, 11, 12 them wanting pick 10 doesn’t seem as bad.

I’m by no means suggesting the price for Baker. Just sharing we need to wait until everything unfolds.

FWIW I’d offer Saints second rounder, which is unders but he’s out of contract. If a 1st is involved I’d be wanting a future 2nd or 3rd back… depends on the first.

If he was in contract and we lured him then I’d happily pay pick 10 outright.

I think I would be ok with 15, anything more then that is overs though imo.

If our pick slides massively at the draft then it makes it even better for us.

We will want to value the pick at the number it is, Richmond will want to value it for what they can spend it for at the draft.

I think we trade the other picks for a top five-ten pick immediately to make it a choice between one option and nothing.

I think I would be ok with 15, anything more then that is overs though imo.
Honestly I don’t get this
He is exactly what we need we know exactly what we are getting
Pick 6, 7,8,9 -15, 18 ……. Who cares
If he’s willing to come here , grab him with both hands .
It’s Jackson all over again

The only thing I would counter against my own argument is that if it was a lower pick ( say 6 ) and we had the option to use that for Warner ( which I think is pipe dreams- Sydney won’t let him go ) then maybe

Same for Macdonald
My ideal world would see our top 3 picks net us MacDonald and Baker ( I still believe Amiss should play up the ground )
But I’m probably in La La land with those dreams 🌈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I don’t get this
He is exactly what we need we know exactly what we are getting
Pick 6, 7,8,9 -15, 18 ……. Who cares
If he’s willing to come here , grab him with both hands .
It’s Jackson all over again

The only thing I would counter against my own argument is that if it was a lower pick ( say 6 ) and we had the option to use that for Warner ( which I think is pipe dreams- Sydney won’t let him go ) then maybe

Same for Macdonald
My ideal world would see our top 3 picks net us MacDonald and Baker ( I still believe Amiss should play up the ground )
But I’m probably in La La land with those dreams 🌈
It would be interesting to see Amiss up the ground.
I watched a few colts games in his draft year. His kicking into deep f50 was elite.
First time I actually went to watch JVR play against EP and went who the hell is that kid when he marked at half fwd, wheeled onto his left a laced out the leading fwd.
Agree that we just get the Baker($$$)deal done. We have enough younger guys coming through to replace Fyfe (and JOM who should be replaced now). We need the 25-28 yr old at there peak player to round out the list to really put us in the premiership window.
I’m not as big on McDonald($$$$)(and wasn’t before Treacy showed what he has).
Warner($$$$) isn’t coming this year. Sydney just won’t do that deal, but next year, get it done(btw I have no idea how!)

Big concern is salary cap.
We still need to sign Stanley($), Wagner($), Voss($) and Banfield($$) for next year. Not big coin but needs to get done.
Brayshaw($$$$), Aish($$) and Sharp($$) to sign beyond 2025 and Treacy($$$) after 2026.
TPP increase will help but we have some well paid players on long term deals.
Very interested to watch this space.

Last edited:
I am very surprised they brought up LDU and didn’t use the chance to mention Warner on the sly
Strange - Warner fits the description of the exact player that Donoghue is referring to - yet no mention. To me LDU (who is very very unlikely to come West) isn’t that explosive type we need. Strikes me more as Fyfe type.

I agree with the article. We have now added Young to midfield mix. He is more an outside mid. Handy one at that and also Brayshaw becoming more an attacking mid. Someone like Harley who can break clear of contests….ie Warner but no mention at all.

Maybe Warner isn't realistically going to happen. We should have heard some noise about it now.
Contracted players very rarely get noise about the player leaving early on in the season. Just look at shultz and Omeara as recent examples. In most cases its predominately uncontracted players the rumours focus on early in the season.

Adding McDonald, Baker, Warner etc would absolutely be better for our squad than picking an 18 year old. We have one year left with Fyfe contracted and he's a gun for us still.

We are ready to go.
👍
If those planets lined up this place would explode
If we couldn’t win a flag with that list within 2 years , shut the gate and turn out the lights

Back