Votes: 143 65.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

theGav56

If a club has a contract offer to a player it doesn't count as delisting, but obviously a club can't hold a player to ransom with a minimum term and screw the player so they can remove themselves from the list and enter the draft.

They won't count as a delisted free agent. Martin falls into that.

The highlights clip of Beattie shows he is handy around goals but I can’t find any information re how pacy he is. Being so small he will need every advantage to have a chance of making it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DONT TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICKS. The squad is basically the same as 2023 and are going to get more experience going into 2024 .Add more talented youngsters to the squad that is getting the experience under their belt .don’t f up and trade all our picks for one player when the squad as a whole needs more talent in all areas. But we will likely f up and load up all on McDonald.

Thanks out of the loop here in blighty. Assumed all list changes were done with the rookie draft.
Clearly you're not a real fan crack addict like me!

Angry Bobs Burgers GIF

I'd like the club to trade up aiming to get 2 x top 10 picks

Hoping Treacy comes on or McDonald signs an extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We play port twice next year, if we win both games it could push them out of the 8 and give us a top 10 pick without trading up.

Assuming we get Sharp, do we still have a list spot open?

Any idea if we will have people train with us during summer, or will we just look to take someone in the MSD?

Corbett being ruled out for the year will give us a free spot to either add another player in preseason or the mid season draft on top of adding Sharp on Monday.

DONT TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICKS.
Too simplistic, especially with:
  • live trading happening creating great opportunities to trade up
  • all the f/s, academy and other concessions pushing later picks back a lot.

But keeping an eye on next year's ladder and draft is going to be a lot more interesting than this year.

The three F1 picks next year provide us the opportunity to create a GWS type scenario if we chose not to given them away in a trade. Let’s just say we went in with pick 5, pick 10 and pick 15.
On the night - you can really leverage those picks to generate a long term supply of round 1 picks regardless of ladder position almost. For example you could give pick 5 & 15 to another team for 7, 16 and their F1, if they were desperate for a particular player that didn’t suit us.
You could trade pick 10 to another club for 11 and an F2, then slide back one pick like the saints did this year at pick 17 or Geelong did at pick 10.
The smart live traders are using first round picks in draft night to generate more draft capital into the future and it’s a never ending cycle. GWS have been particularly smart with this type of thing in recent years. They are of course losing players for draft capital but - so are we.

It hasn’t been mentioned yet but I think it should be on the table as it could realistically happen…. IF Sean Darcy asked to leave in 2024, we could be looking at pick 5, 6, 14 and 19 when trade week starts up - that’s an insane amount of draft capital for a club supposedly at the end of a rebuild 😲

It hasn’t been mentioned yet but I think it should be on the table as it could realistically happen…. IF Sean Darcy asked to leave in 2024, we could be looking at pick 5, 6, 14 and 19 when trade week starts up - that’s an insane amount of draft capital for a club supposedly at the end of a rebuild 😲
I am reasonably confident he will stay. I'm more worried about which forward will leave considering we drafted another KPF and are supposedly going for Macca.

What has more trade value, the midfielder who can't get a game ahead of AA mids or the key forward stuck behind AA key forwards assuming both are equally talented and only miss out on a game because they are sliiiiightly less good than the superstar ahead of them?

I'd argue the key forward will have higher value in the future if they show any ability than the midfielder or otherwise small player.

Maybe it's just banking draft capital for later, the likelihood of a player drafted so late becoming a star or even a regular 22 player isn't high regardless, so since you need to choose someone maybe choose the someone who if they do turn into a gun will be able to be sold later for a pick in the early twenties.

Back