List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be into Luke Parker’s ear I reckon the writings on the wall with him.Would be perfect in our midfield has that toughness we lack.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No we don’t need to add another grunt player to our midfield collection.

We need a more dynamic mid with power and really good kicking skills.

That’s what would add a point of difference to our team.

Genuine question.

Carlton has a problem with speed. Do you think the previous list manager is still responsible for this?

We have speed in our list. Issue is they aren’t good enough, young or injured.

Skill level and ball use the same

I still believe our best 22 is as good as any and solves most issues.

Last edited:
No we don’t need to add another grunt player to our midfield collection.

We need a more dynamic mid with power and really good kicking skills.

That’s what would add a point of difference to our team.

If only Cerra could play a larger block of games, I think he could be this exact player…

Agree.

He’s critical to our success - specially against the better sides.

Huge worry about his repeat soft tissue injuries 😌

I was at the game on Friday, won’t say who with but my understanding is that they were pleased that Cerra was out. It made it easier to stop Walsh as he was described as a one way player. Can’t stop them both!

imo obviously we’ve had our hands tied due to injuries to some degree, so that hasn’t allowed us the personnel to set up how we would like with quicker players rotating through the middle ect. Now that we may start to see some players coming back from injury(mots,saad,fog) this will give us more speed off half back and also push fog and mots higher up the ground at times as well.
I think we need to release the shackles a little(like we did last year) and start playing with more attacking flare/dare. I’d also give cinc a bit of a go through the middle as well now that saady is back. Try and mix it up and get some drive out of there.

Yeap - Williams could make a significant improvement if he can stay on the park.

Outside mid with good agility deceptive moves poise run and and delivery 👌👌

It’s the depth, options and mix we need. Cripps Walsh Cerra are the core.

Hopefully Wilson steps up as he has what we need

Kemp if tried could make a massive difference as well

I was at the game on Friday, won’t say who with but my understanding is that they were pleased that Cerra was out. It made it easier to stop Walsh as he was described as a one way player. Can’t stop them both!
Big problem…most of the good sides have mids that attack/defend well. Swans mids are tackling machines.

Walsh doesn’t have enough hurt factor either way imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elijah has got the smarts. He’s definitely one that would help.

Docherty turns 31 later this year.

I’m not sure he will play midfield when he returns from his current injury ?

He will play HF/Wing and mid again. It’s the minutes and mix he provides that is the key. He is so fit and professional and driven I expect him to have a few good years yet

Yep, unfortunately we don't have Victor Frankenstein on our books to combine them. Between Durdin, Owies, Fantasia, Cuningham and Fogarty we're essentially using up 5 list spots for 1 rounded small forward.
Owies has been doing his job most weeks - how quickly we forget - 3 goals, 2 weeks running.

Friday night, our mids got eviscerated, can't blame SFs for that.

Durdin and Fanta should be playing 2s.

Play anyone in their stead and you're ahead...

Elijah has got the smarts. He’s definitely one that would help.

Docherty turns 31 later this year.

I’m not sure he will play midfield when he returns from his current injury ?
Have doubts on Williams & Motlop having much of an impact in midfield also.

If Motlop can build his tank and provide an option similar to Pickett & Rankine types down the track that would be huge.

Big question marks should be forming over Austen’s pertinence IMO. Taking Ollie Hollands over Busslinger felt like a mistake at the time and given the Campo twins are around the corner and our lack of KPD options I think it will look worse in the years to come. He also cannot nail a late pick which suggests he isn’t putting in the work. I think he is squarely in the gun at seasons end.
I wasnt a SoS fan, more so, on his trading work to pick up discounted injury prone players

However his drafting was ok.

I find it interesting how people still talk about him, 5 years after he has gone, but don't assess Austins input.

Under pressure, I don't know, but he should be scrutinized. Age group of the list is skewed to 27 to 30.

The kids coming through are thin, and I agree on your comment on Hollands. There is also lack of developing tall back, and equally if Lemmey doesnt pan out, a tall fwd.

Brad Lloyd should be first guy in the gun. Survived the Teague Review, but both the fitness and list roads lead to him as Head of Footy.

My other comment here is, if Voss is known as a motivator, why have they not got him elite tactical assistance in the box?

Jordan Russell was a weird addition last year.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Have doubts on Williams & Motlop having much of an impact in midfield also.

If Motlop can build his tank and provide an option similar to Pickett & Rankine types down the track that would be huge.

The key is “impact”. We aren’t talking about big minutes. At the moment we are predictable and easy to shut down

I watched Motlop play mid in match sims during pre season. He was electric and really added something.

The injury to him has been a massive loss as he got himself extremely fit

The key is “impact”. We aren’t talking about big minutes. At the moment we are predictable and easy to shut down

I watched Motlop play mid in match sims during pre season. He was electric and really added something.

The injury to him has been a massive loss as he got himself extremely fit
Spot on soap! We need mots/fog/ cunners(if he ever gets on the park) Williams/cinc /elija all to have stints on ball. More quicker type player rotations through the middle the better off we’ll be. We have the two near enough best twin towers in the league, we need to play a game style that will make them a massive advantage for us and make it a nightmare for the opposition.

I wasnt a SoS fan, more so, on his trading work to pick up discounted injury prone players

However his drafting was ok.

I find it interesting how people still talk about him, 5 years after he has gone, but don't assess Austins input.

Under pressure, I don't know, but he should be scrutinized. Age group of the list is skewed to 27 to 30.

The kids coming through are thin, and I agree on your comment on Hollands. There is also lack of developing tall back, and equally if Lemmey doesnt pan out, a tall fwd.

Brad Lloyd should be first guy in the gun. Survived the Teague Review, but both the fitness and list roads lead to him as Head of Footy.

My other comment here is, if Voss is known as a motivator, why have they not got him elite tactical assistance in the box?

Jordan Russell was a weird addition last year.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
Jordan Russell choice was odd indeed.

Spot on soap! We need mots/fog/ cunners(if he ever gets on the park) Williams/cinc /elija all to have stints on ball. More quicker type player rotations through the middle the better off we’ll be. We have the two near enough best twin towers in the league, we need to play a game style that will make them a massive advantage for us and make it a nightmare for the opposition.
Cinc in the guts seems an absolute no brainer - super quick, and bloody hard at it....

It’s why I think our best 22 is good enough.

If you have Cripps Walsh Cerra as core, Kennedy or Hewett as another bull then surrounded by Elijah Docherty Motlop Ollie Acres Cottrell Fogarty Williams through HF, Wing etc and having impact midfield minutes, we are a completely different side and much harder to match up on

Cinc in the guts seems an absolute no brainer - super quick, and bloody hard at it....
Agreed 👍
Apparently he had a game or two a little while back where they trialled him there in the twos and was fairly impressive.
we may have a window now to trial it with hopefully saady back this week.
Imo has all the attributes for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back