List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey on Gettable said the Blues should be trying to pry him out of Brisbane after the year they're having and being a pre agent

Likely just clickbait nonsense
Oh Charlie. Damn that'd be huge. He is crucial to their team. Can't see him leaving though and (much as I love the song) I'd spew having Country Roads play at our home grounds each week.

But is it good list management in the long term? See: Williams.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Williams was a different situation - we coughed up mid money and a mid contract on a HBF who'd shown glimpses that he could maybe play in the midfield.

Hayward is being chased to play the position he's established himself in.

I'd hazard a guess that if we're offering Hayward 6 years, it's on a bit less money per year than we'd be happy to pay him otherwise. More years, less dollars, proven player in a role we need filled right now and don't have much (any) depth in.

From a LM strategy standpoint, I think it's smart. It gives us time to develop Moir, and a buffer to replace Moir with another draftee in a few years if he doesn't pan out....and to develop them.

I think Hayward is also versatile enough, and a handy enough footballer, that if Moir came on in the next couple of years and we wanted to play both, Hayward could be considered a general utility with the ability to play a wing, or even half back.

Oh Charlie. Damn that'd be huge. He is crucial to their team. Can't see him leaving though and (much as I love the song) I'd spew having Country Roads play at our home grounds each week.
It was just Twomey’s spitballing, no substance, just throw away. Cameron would be entrenched unless there is some fallout still happening over the Vegas shenanigans…

The song would have to remove 20% off his contract.

Unless he agreed to the Toots and the Maytels version.
Brisbane would have to pay his entire contract if we have to put up with music during the game.
And the music should only be allowed after he's won us a flag.

It's the biggest blight on the game, worse than the current holding-the-ball interpretation.

Brisbane would have to pay his entire contract if we have to put up with music during the game.
And the music should only be allowed after he's won us a flag.

It's the biggest blight on the game, worse than the current holding-the-ball interpretation.
I will boycott if they ever do that at Carlton games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering why we weren't one of the teams being mentioned surrounding Hayward. He's a perfect Martin replacement, and definitely an area we are struggling in. We've tightened our belts the last couple of years so that we can get back into the free agent market.

I've always liked Hayward when I have watched him play, but have been scared off by his supposed inconsistency. He's not always going to be that guy, but he's going to take his turn and give us something to go to when the big guys are held. He's very good at running back into the forward 50 space to provide an option. I'll embrace him for sure.

Interesting…

Delistings pretty much choosing themselves…

If we are to keep the list spots 36 Senior & 7 Cat A Rookies & 2 Cat B Rookies

36 Senior Spots
Less: OOC Senior List
- Marchbank, Cuningham, E.Hollands, J.Carroll, Martin, Fogarty & Owies.
29 Senior List Starting Point
National Draft

Add: Camporeale 1 & Camporeale 2 & Boyd (Rookie Upgrade)
Add: Hayward (FA)
= 33 Senior List
Unless we change Senior list numbers (38 max) or draft/trade more players.

We will have 3 Senior spots available to choose from OOC Senior List - Marchbank, Cuningham, E.Hollands, J.Carroll, Martin, Fogarty & Owies.

7 Cat A Rookie List Spots
OOC Rookie List A -
Cincotta, Mirkov, O’Keeffe, M.Carroll, S.Durdin, Akeui (Cat B)
Less - Boyd (Senior List Upgrade)
1 Rookie Cat A Starting Point
MSD

Add: Rookie 1 & Rookie 2
Rookie Draft
Add: Rookie 3
= 4 Rookie Cat A List
We will have 3 Cat A Rookie spots available to choose from OOC Rookie List A - Cincotta, Mirkov, O’Keeffe, M.Carroll, S.Durdin, Akeui (Cat B) + 4 x Delisted Senior Players.

Last edited:
Currently as at today after Boyd re-signing

8. Lachie Fogarty
16. Jack Carroll
20. Elijah Hollands
21. Jack Martin
22. Caleb Marchbank
28. David Cuningham
32. Matt Carroll?
Sam Durdin (MSD Rookie 2022)
44. Matthew Owies
45. Alex Mirkov (Rookie)
39. Alex Cincotta (Pre-season SSP 2023)
Hudson O'Keeffe (Pre-season SSP 2023)
Domanic Akuei (3rd Year Cat B Rookie)

8. Lachie Fogarty, 1 year
16. Jack Carroll, possible trade/1 year
20. Elijah Hollands, safe
21. Jack Martin, 1 year
22. Caleb Marchbank, gone
28. David Cuningham, NFI
32. Matt Carroll?, safe
38. Sam Durdin (MSD Rookie 2022), probably gone, depends on ins
44. Matthew Owies, NFI
45. Alex Mirkov (Rookie), gone
39. Alex Cincotta (Pre-season SSP 2023), safe ish
40. Hudson O'Keeffe (Pre-season SSP 2023), safe
41. Domanic Akuei (3rd Year Cat B Rookie), gone

We have allegedly offered Will Hayward a contract of up to 6 years as a free agent recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back