List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Three Richmond coaches have disagreed with you and refused to play him even though they have been going dismally . He's already been delisted once and re-rookied so is a UFA for life. Fair chance that he'll be delisted again.

And how many coaches had written off Lachie Fogarty who is now an integral part of our side?

You play to his strengths and I think he can be a quality player. Unfortunately for him Martin and Bolton are the attacking outlets at HFF and he is not good enough defensively to play alongside them.

We'd be praying he slipped through to us in the MSD if he weren't Richmond listed and putting up these numbers in the VFL. Take a punt I say.

Three Richmond coaches have disagreed with you and refused to play him even though they have been going dismally . He's already been delisted once and re-rookied so is a UFA for life. Fair chance that he'll be delisted again.
Jarryd Lyons and Jeremy Sharp were also overlooked by coaches and delisted.

If we could get Hayward at a reasonably inflated price, I’d definitely move on Martin.
Cuners, I don’t think really matters as he’s never out in the park and when he is gives flashes but nothing of real substance anyway and he can be replaced by a draftee such as Ben Campo.
Marchbank is the interesting one for me, yes he can’t get out on the park, however all his injuries are what you could call unlucky injuries with soft tissue injuries not really being an issue except (from memory) a calf issue early last year.
This biography on footy wire is horrific reading - https://www.footywire.com/afl/club/player-biography/4031.html
CHB’s are really hard to come by and we do lack depth in this space, he’s the only one I’d keep if we can’t find a viable talented alternative in the trade/FA market as it’s a vital piece of our teams structure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Injury prone players expose depth that isn't ready for AFL games when they all inevitably get injured again. We've seen the exact same thing play out for 4-5 years in a row now. Enough is enough.
So delist them then and go the mini-rebuild which 100% exposes those depth players?

See it's not that simple as saying get rid of the injury prone players.

A lot of people saying it don't see the consequences.

Who do you replace them with? Top quality equivalent? Maybe but those are likely to be big trades that will give our resources and salary cap a shake? OR draftees who will be ready in 3 or 4 years time when our window has probably closed.

If our recruiters find a way to replace them with the equivalent or better ready to go best 22 players then sure, go for it but a lot of the time that is not possible.

I will go with our captains assessment of martin. WH not in the same league.
I would also be heavily questioning Russell about JM and the realistic future to be injury free of not.
Lets face it we are just guessing. like we were about Charlie.

Cripps might have a bias for Jack given he played a bit of his junior footy with and against him. Martins talent is undeniable but he is not much good to us if he available for 50% of the season. Massive decision coming up with him at the end of the year that will have massive implications on our premiership chances. It scares the s**t out of me to be quiet honest.

I feel the same way about what we decide with Marchbank. Whilst he is as injury prone as I’ve seen he is natural intercept defender and you can understand why the club have persevered.

Cunningham I think is an easier decisions as I’m not sure what purpose he serves. He is gone IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get Hayward at a reasonably inflated price, I’d definitely move on Martin.
Cuners, I don’t think really matters as he’s never out in the park and when he is gives flashes but nothing of real substance anyway and he can be replaced by a draftee such as Ben Campo.
Marchbank is the interesting one for me, yes he can’t get out on the park, however all his injuries are what you could call unlucky injuries with soft tissue injuries not really being an issue except (from memory) a calf issue early last year.
This biography on footy wire is horrific reading - https://www.footywire.com/afl/club/player-biography/4031.html
CHB’s are really hard to come by and we do lack depth in this space, he’s the only one I’d keep if we can’t find a viable talented alternative in the trade/FA market as it’s a vital piece of our teams structure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why?

Martin >>>> Hayward.

And he'll be retained cheaply.

Marchy (who's simply not a KPD) to the Tigers in a deal for Balta. Yes please.

Why?

Martin >>>> Hayward.

And he'll be retained cheaply.

Marchy (who's simply not a KPD) to the Tigers in a deal for Balta. Yes please.

Marchy would be steak knives in such a deal as Richmond would want two first round picks for Balta not to mention we wouldn’t be able to afford his salary.

If we are going to pinch a key position player from Richmond then Miller is a more realistic target.

Marchy would be steak knives in such a deal as Richmond would want two first round picks for Balta not to mention we wouldn’t be able to afford his salary.

If we are going to pinch a key position player from Richmond then Miller is a more realistic target.
two first rounders for Balta?

That puts him in Judd territory...

Surely you're kidding?

two first rounders for Balta?

That puts him in Judd territory...

Surely you're kidding?

He would command a huge salary that we probably couldn’t afford so it’s all kind of a mute point but:
- He’s contracted.
- We are trying to win a flag and he would turn us into a complete team with flexibility to boot.
- They are trying to rebuild and he is one of their few valuable assets.
- He can play KPP at both ends of the ground and can pinch hit in the rucks.

IMO it’s not unrealistic they asks for 2 late first round picks plus Marchbank.

Marchbank as a standalone asset is probably worthless, especially being out of contract at the end of the year.

I haven’t read the thread for a while. I wonder if chasing Shai Bolton has been considered, great finisher, quick, would be a great fit for our midfield and forward line. Has a dickhead vibe about him but I could forgive that if he plays well for us

What's with this weird idea that players who we have chosen to delist or trade need to be "replaced" like-for-like? Players already on the list can play the same role, game plans can be tweaked slightly, and so forth. This is especially weird for someone like Cuningham.

At any rate, we need to find the reliability of players who are actually going to be available when we need to make changes. There is also the matter of actual list spots, since we seem to be signing up every man and his dog early.

Just because we are in a premiership window doesn't mean we are in suspended animation as far as future growth goes.

I haven’t read the thread for a while. I wonder if chasing Shai Bolton has been considered, great finisher, quick, would be a great fit for our midfield and forward line. Has a dickhead vibe about him but I could forgive that if he plays well for us

Would love him but don't think we could afford either the salary or picks. I would trade him if I was Richmond though. Worth more to another club then he is to them. Not the type of player you can build a team around of that will perform in a poor team. Icing on top player.

On the list management front, I would be looking at replacing injury prone players.

While I have a lot of love for these boys, the early season carnage has me worried about how we can mount consistent campaigns when so many of our players are out injured.

Marchbank, Cunningham, Martin are top of mind.

All best 22 calibre players, who struggle to get on the field regularly.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
100% these 3 need to be replaced via mid season and end of year trade period. No more chances. Time to move on.

So delist them then and go the mini-rebuild which 100% exposes those depth players?

See it's not that simple as saying get rid of the injury prone players.

A lot of people saying it don't see the consequences.

Who do you replace them with? Top quality equivalent? Maybe but those are likely to be big trades that will give our resources and salary cap a shake? OR draftees who will be ready in 3 or 4 years time when our window has probably closed.

If our recruiters find a way to replace them with the equivalent or better ready to go best 22 players then sure, go for it but a lot of the time that is not possible.

I guess the point being made is that delisting the players that are rarely available, doesn't expose the developing prospects much more than their consistent unavailability does.
At some point you need to cut your losses and I'm not sure any of them are of the quality that you continue to carry them in the hope that it finally clicks. They're 27+ but we're largely still hoping that they realise their potential.
By bringing in quality, we can actually extend the window of contention.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back