Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lewis hypothetical is moot because the sort of offer needed to get us interested wouldn’t be made. Right now Gunston and stephens seem like the obvious 2 to go off the list maybe Ethan Philips. Our best avenue to picks is our f1 and this is the year to do it before those picks aren’t seen as being so high.

My ideal off season would get Battle FA and then trade our f1 and pies r2 with suns and dogs to net us smith and dogs r1 that the suns hold.
Hawks trade f1 and pies r2 to suns for their r1, dogs r1 and the north priority pick they have say 20. Get smith and dogs r2 (pass to the suns) and give dogs suns r1 and north PP.

Hawks get smith and take our r1 and dogs r1 to the draft. Suns get our f1 and 2 bid matching picks for Leo Lombard. Dogs get back into the first round with a top 10 pick and upgrade their r2 to pick 20.

Last edited:
If Lewis could stay on the park no problem but he can’t so how can you really rely on him you can’t.

Maybe we need to get the Lions fitness staff to look at him, what with their great record the last 12 months!

Maybe we need to get the Lions fitness staff to look at him, what with their great record the last 12 months!
Probably shouldn’t be surprised that the guy who didn’t know who Sam Taylor was also doesn’t know that Brisbane have the worst injury list in the comp by a margin.

Probably shouldn’t be surprised that the guy who didn’t know who Sam Taylor was also doesn’t know that Brisbane have the worst injury list in the comp by a margin.

Who doesn't know who Sam Taylor is? Fire and Rain is an all time classic!

This potentially isnt anything new I have only skimmed the pages in here. Mate of mine works at AFL and said the talk in pre season was that the Dogs playing group dont like Beveridge and he would be gone by mid season if they weren't where they wanted to be, his loose number he through out was .500 and pushing for top 6

for those who only follow AFL thats hoping to be roughly 6-6 at week 12

will be an interesting watch would need to go 3-1 in the next 4 weeks to reach that marker

This potentially isnt anything new I have only skimmed the pages in here. Mate of mine works at AFL and said the talk in pre season was that the Dogs playing group dont like Beveridge and he would be gone by mid season if they weren't where they wanted to be, his loose number he through out was .500 and pushing for top 6

will be an interesting watch would need to go 3-1 in the next 4 weeks to reach that marker
Don't need a mate working in the AFL to figure that out.

The teams that have beaten them excluding us sit 2,4,5 and 6 (losing to Geelong by less than a kick), it hasn’t exactly been the easiest of runs. Their wins have been convincing. They don’t have it very easy up until the bye really. Could be interesting.

The teams that have beaten them excluding us sit 2,4,5 and 6 (losing to Geelong by less than a kick), it hasn’t exactly been the easiest of runs. Their wins have been convincing. They don’t have it very easy up until the bye really. Could be interesting.
With their list they should have beaten Freo and Essendon and with the amount of players Geelong had out, they should have beaten them.

The Dogs list is a very good list and they should not be sitting in 11th but Bevo wants to stick to his ridiculous gameplay where any player that gets the ball 70m out just bombs a high ball to the top of the square instead of hitting up a leading player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'd like to see Dear take Gunston's job off him, and play as the third tall alongside Lewis and Chol.
Remember when we had Buddy, Roughie, Gunna and Hale all in the forward line? 4 talls worked well back then no reason it can’t work well now.
Lewis CHF, Dear FF, Chol the resting (relief) ruck and Gunna the 4th tall.

If Lewis could stay on the park no problem but he can’t so how can you really rely on him you can’t.
then you don't get much for him in a trade. Which means we are better of holding him and extracting whatever we can whenever he is fit. Better to shut such talk down and give him the confidence than indulge in such foolish chatter.

The Lewis hypothetical is moot because the sort of offer needed to get us interested wouldn’t be made. Right now Gunston and stephens seem like the obvious 2 to go off the list maybe Ethan Philips. Our best avenue to picks is our f1 and this is the year to do it before those picks aren’t seen as being so high.

My ideal off season would get Battle FA and then trade our f1 and pies r2 with suns and dogs to net us smith and dogs r1 that the suns hold.
Hawks trade f1 and pies r2 to suns for their r1, dogs r1 and the north priority pick they have say 20. Get smith and dogs r2 (pass to the suns) and give dogs suns r1 and north PP.

Hawks get smith and take our r1 and dogs r1 to the draft. Suns get our f1 and 2 bid matching picks for Leo Lombard. Dogs get back into the first round with a top 10 pick and upgrade their r2 to pick 20.
Could see Tucker being delisted given the ruck rule changes. Assuming he’s out of contract. Don’t watch it religiously but from what I’ve seen he hasnt shown a lot and seems like you’re better off getting a Meek style heavy ruckman than a beanpole.

Could see Tucker being delisted given the ruck rule changes. Assuming he’s out of contract. Don’t watch it religiously but from what I’ve seen he hasnt shown a lot and seems like you’re better off getting a Meek style heavy ruckman than a beanpole.
Until they change the rule back without notice.

I hope we are talking to max gruzewski manager, not sure how he fits into a gws forward line of Hogan, cadman, riccardi, brown. From memory I think we were keen in his draft year.

Amazing!

I was just going to post exactly the same. GWS have committed to Cadman with a long term offer.

The salary cap is tight and I reckon they may make a play for a top-liner (Bont?) whilst their window is still open.

Watched Max in the VFL a few times. Got a lot of upside, and he knows where the big sticks are.

I'd be rapt to get this kid - tremendous talent

Amazing!

I was just going to post exactly the same. GWS have committed to Cadman with a long term offer.

The salary cap is tight and I reckon they may make a play for a top-liner (Bont?) whilst their window is still open.

Watched Max in the VFL a few times. Got a lot of upside, and he knows where the big sticks are.

I'd be rapt to get this kid - tremendous talent
Bags of 2, 4, 0, 3 and 3 in the AFL this year.

Contra ted until 2026

Won't come cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back