List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Just kidding, really good numbers by Levi this week again.

He is not a big bodied mid, don't match the bid.

Unless he’s taking 10 marks a game I’m not interested. We set the standard with Lewis Taylor years ago and can’t go back on that just because he’s Will’s brother.

Thanks for the link GC2015 , a list of names and numbers would be fantastic if you have access to it please.
1712538277283.png

here is the list. Very strong side this year compared to previous seasons, and missing Milner and Marshall who would be in the best 5 players if they had them.

Strangely they have 4 x 19 year olds, which really doesn't make any sense. I think one of them injured all last year, but the other 3 all just getting an extra year for no apparent reason.

View attachment 1953614

here is the list. Very strong side this year compared to previous seasons, and missing Milner and Marshall who would be in the best 5 players if they had them.

Strangely they have 4 x 19 year olds, which really doesn't make any sense. I think one of them injured all last year, but the other 3 all just getting an extra year for no apparent reason.
Marshall didn’t play for Sandringham on the weekend, so I wouldn’t be surprised if did play for the academy on the weekend.

I only caught part of the last quarter, and without a team sheet, I had no idea who was who.

I don’t mind McDonald and Richardson playing as over agers. Happy to give an extra year to KPP’s.

Plus Richardson is a mid December birth, and is only one month older than Marshall. I do believe if McDonald or Richardson are going to make it, it will be as key defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the first quarter, Lillico the standout with exceptional disposal and footy nous. Annabelle is a great size.

Lillico is the son of the great 'Tangles Lillico'.

His father is one of the best players ever in the QAFL, and is a beast of a man. His son plays the same way, but looks like he weighs about 60kg. He is a bottom ager and a late bottom ager at that.

If he ever grows to the size of his dad, look out.

You would assume LAshcroft will be in the team opening game 2025 but what about Marshall? And if both kids come in + WAshcroft, who is out the door of our current mids rotation?

If both kids are picked, you have three of the current mids needing to make way, if Marshall isn't in, you still need 2 spots. Who is out?

You would assume LAshcroft will be in the team opening game 2025 but what about Marshall? And if both kids come in + WAshcroft, who is out the door of our current mids rotation?

If both kids are picked, you have three of the current mids needing to make way, if Marshall isn't in, you still need 2 spots. Who is out?
Sam Marshall doesn't project as a definite Round O first 22 in 2025 at this stage.

Levi Ashcroft, Tom Doedee and Keidean Coleman should be though + as you mentioned Will Ashcroft will come in around the bye this season.

Looking at our starting 22 against the Kangaroos this would be my possible changes for early next year.

Ins- L.Ashcroft, Coleman, W.Ashcroft, Doedee.

Outs- Gardiner, Lester, Berry, Zorko(retired with a flag).

Based on what we have read, on balance, it is doubtful Marshall would be in rd 1. I doubt LAshcroft plays as pure midfield as Will has (but that isn't based on anything). Hopefully at some stage we can better manage Chocs TOG to extend his career.

Based on what we have read, on balance, it is doubtful Marshall would be in rd 1. I doubt LAshcroft plays as pure midfield as Will has (but that isn't based on anything). Hopefully at some stage we can better manage Chocs TOG to extend his career.

From what I've seen of him, Levi looks more suited than Will in playing that half forward/mid role similar to Zorko from a few years ago. In his underage year he was hitting the scoreboard pretty regularly for Sandy.

From what I've seen of him, Levi looks more suited than Will in playing that half forward/mid role similar to Zorko from a few years ago. In his underage year he was hitting the scoreboard pretty regularly for Sandy.
Definitely think he will start there.

I caught the end of the second quarter and the second half.

Levi was prominent with a few clearances and plenty of possessions. He loves the one two like his brother at that level. I think it was him involved in a long chain of handball for most of the length of the ground that didn’t get the goal it deserved. He kicked one goal that I saw and they mentioned he’d had 31 (?) possessions late in the final quarter. He looks a great prospect.

Sam Marshall had a few disposals that I saw but was not one of the best on.

Last edited:
Jesus this academy team is strong.
I don't believe the top end is as strong as other recent teams. I do believe the depth of this academy team is stronger than recent teams. Some of that is due to a couple of the top end prospects missing due to injuries, and a couple of the standout early season performers being added to the team as replacements.

Just my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back