Position 2024 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we expecting Marty Hore to be best 22? Cheaper then coffield and will probably score similar or better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are we expecting Marty Hore to be best 22? Cheaper then coffield and will probably score similar or better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he’s probably competing with Salem for a spot in the side. He’s an interceptor with a solid boot on him that was fairly unlucky to be delisted in the first place I thought - just one too many injuries. Has been great in the VFL. Tough backline to crack into though

I think he’s probably competing with Salem for a spot in the side. He’s an interceptor with a solid boot on him that was fairly unlucky to be delisted in the first place I thought - just one too many injuries. Has been great in the VFL. Tough backline to crack into though
Maybe he could play over McVee as he adds intercepting skill

I dunno man. Mcvee is a fan favourite and a very good lockdown defender. Not sure Hore can defend as well as him
Agree, McVee was shown to be a great improver down back - just don't see Hore getting a roll without injuries - maybe if Salem, Rivers and Bowey get injured.....

Perhaps Hore takes the vacant HB position opened up by Bradshaw moving into the mids to cover Clarry's absence... depending how long his indefinite leave period runs.

Perhaps Hore takes the vacant HB position opened up by Bradshaw moving into the mids to cover Clarry's absence... depending how long his indefinite leave period runs.
He is probably a better replacement for Hibberd - so maybe there is a role.

Last edited:
He is probably a better replacement for Hibberd - so maybe there is role.
My god Hibberd still hasn’t retired??

Amazing to think he was a premium defender back in the 1992 AFL Fantasy Dreamteam season. Pretty sure it was sometime around then

He did retire. That’s why his spot is free numbnut.
Ah well that’s good then. My apologies - takes a while for the VFL telegrams to reach us up here in Sydney.

Point still stands that’s it’s 2023 and only just happened 😳

My god Hibberd still hasn’t retired??

Amazing to think he was a premium defender back in the 1992 AFL Fantasy Dreamteam season. Pretty sure it was sometime around then
He did retire, hence why I used that tricky word 'replacement'.

Ah well that’s good then. My apologies - takes a while for the VFL telegrams to reach us up here in Sydney.

Point still stands that’s it’s 2023 and only just happened 😳
Hey, Sydney always had some good coverage if you knew where to get it. I remember 1986 if I missed the Saturday night news in Bundaberg Qld, I would need to wait for the Monday Sun from Melbourne to arrive Tuesday at about 2pm just to catch up on weekend scores. Now I'm pissed if coverage is down and can't see a game live on my phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people fielding Curtin?
I am. Normally I'd avoid a young KPP, but Adelaide are stocked for key backs so if he plays early I reckon it'll be on the back flank, hopefully with time through the middle.

May change my thoughts during pre season though.

Are people fielding Curtin?
I'm hoping not to. It seems like every man and his dog is on him but I question whether he'll get a game initially and if/when he does, whether he'll actually score. He is a good mark and kick though so if he does find himself in the right places he should pick up points. I just wonder how fantasy relevant he'll be in year 1, particularly at the start.

FWIW, I have similar questions about Nick Watson, though I'm confident Watson will play round 1.

I'm hoping not to. It seems like every man and his dog is on him but I question whether he'll get a game initially and if/when he does, whether he'll actually score. He is a good mark and kick though so if he does find himself in the right places he should pick up points. I just wonder how fantasy relevant he'll be in year 1, particularly at the start.

FWIW, I have similar questions about Nick Watson, though I'm confident Watson will play round 1.
I’ve got him D7. Coffield D6. Not sure he will be that much better though

Curtin will definitely play early ....however, I agree with your thoughts on scoring (fantasy), but as you said, he reads the game very well & gets to the right position

That said, I prefer to have Curtin on my bench

Curtin will definitely play early ....however, I agree with your thoughts on scoring (fantasy), but as you said, he reads the game very well & gets to the right position

That said, I prefer to have Curtin on my bench
I agree

Plan to have him in my bench, whether that’s def/mid depends on other options.

I don’t expect we will be filling benches with 200k players. I think a couple around that 300k mark and many mid-high 200s will be needed

Hayden young is pretty popular with the mid move. Is he really going to score that much higher?

Already priced at 89, can he go 100 alongside brayshaw and Serong or is he capped more at 95?

If so I think NWM and possibly Stewart prob have as much or more upside as far as def premiums go. Then lower I like hinge to take his 75 to 90 which makes him intriguing to take young in with too.

95 from young I’m ok to pass on
100 and missing him becomes a bit of an issue

Hayden young is pretty popular with the mid move. Is he really going to score that much higher?

Already priced at 89, can he go 100 alongside brayshaw and Serong or is he capped more at 95?

If so I think NWM and possibly Stewart prob have as much or more upside as far as def premiums go. Then lower I like hinge to take his 75 to 90 which makes him intriguing to take young in with too.

95 from young I’m ok to pass on
100 and missing him becomes a bit of an issue
These are my thoughts too.

He's been a lock in my side but I just struggle to see the value. There's just not enough points to go around the freo midfield. I think Young is a 95 guy.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should look at say a Jordan Clark or Walker (as a super cheap option) who may get a bump from Young moving to the midfield rather than looking at Young himself.

I think Young could slide into the top 6 defenders come year's end but he doesn't scream value such that you'd want to start him.

These are my thoughts too.

He's been a lock in my side but I just struggle to see the value. There's just not enough points to go around the freo midfield. I think Young is a 95 guy.

I'm starting to wonder whether I should look at say a Jordan Clark or Walker (as a super cheap option) who may get a bump from Young moving to the midfield rather than looking at Young himself.

I think Young could slide into the top 6 defenders come year's end but he doesn't scream value such that you'd want to start him.
Interesting to get some validation from a Freo fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back