List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Logan Morris looks the player

Begs belief Lamb said we didn’t rate any players around that point of the draft when pissing away pick 27 last year.

Kid made an immediate impact after playing a full game in the VFL, meanwhile we continue to wait on blokes like Jefferson.

We had pick 27 before all the priority picks, academy selections, F/S picks and so on. I had a quick look and it seems like there were 11 of those prior to pick 27, effectively turning our pick into 38. Logan Morris was taken with 31. I agree that we should have made better use of those picks than we did, but we never would have had the chance to take Morris.

Begs belief Lamb said we didn’t rate any players around that point of the draft when pissing away pick 27 last year.

Kid made an immediate impact after playing a full game in the VFL, meanwhile we continue to wait on blokes like Jefferson.
What's even crazier is that pick would have been pushed back so much he wouldn't have been available.

What's even crazier is that pick would have been pushed back so much he wouldn't have been available.
Yeah but I definitely remember micho picking that kid out and saying we should trade up slightly to get him and definitely not just being a hindsight hero and finding the only good player in that region

I shouldn’t go here and I know it’s too early, but..

We must have been super close to picking Darcy Wilson with our second pick this year. That would have been an awesome little haul for us.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you make a post that isn’t whinging about something ridiculous. I believe even Danster is a Melbourne fan just unhinged, but you are a clear troll.

We had pick 27 before all the priority picks, academy selections, F/S picks and so on. I had a quick look and it seems like there were 11 of those prior to pick 27, effectively turning our pick into 38. Logan Morris was taken with 31. I agree that we should have made better use of those picks than we did, but we never would have had the chance to take Morris.

Multiple picks often get eaten up from a single Academy/Fs selections also.

It would not have been pushed back to 38.

34 to be exact. You can literally look at the draft and find this information out.

I’m not the one who said it was pushed back 11…so thanks for agreeing with me.

That said, if it was a 2-3 pick upgrade, I am sure we could’ve thrown in pick 35 to get us there.

That’s if we actually rated him, which supposedly we didn’t.

Calsher Dear another who already looks better than Jeffo.

Don’t get the logic taking blokes who will take 5-6 years to get to there prime so we can enjoy 2 years of them before they are free agents.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would have guessed Mich or Dan would have chosen the best case scenario for a pick in that range a month + into the season and said "why didnt we pick him???" ... this has really blindsided me.

That said, if it was a 2-3 pick upgrade, I am sure we could’ve thrown in pick 35 to get us there.
Pick 35 would have been around 41-42 I think. Also your entire point for six months has been that it cost too much to upgrade our first rounder a few picks.

Would have loved Weddle instead of Jefferson on our list - if we are looking back with 20/20 hindsight.

Kid is a freak and can play anywhere on the park. Kind of would fit the tall x-factor player hole we lost with Dogga.
Totally agree.

Not looking like the strongest draft from our pick onwards so far though.

Weddle one of the only ones showing strong signs that we could have taken with hindsight.

Totally agree.

Not looking like the strongest draft from our pick onwards so far though.

Weddle one of the only ones showing strong signs that we could have taken with hindsight.
Was pretty obvious we wanted to get rid of that pick too.

Hopefully Jefe comes good. Has bursts of looking gold and he was so far back physically. He's like a proper old school 'talls take a long time' type. Most players come in now built like brick shithouses. Jefe missed that memo apparently.

Was pretty obvious we wanted to get rid of that pick too.

Hopefully Jefe comes good. Has bursts of looking gold and he was so far back physically. He's like a proper old school 'talls take a long time' type. Most players come in now built like brick shithouses. Jefe missed that memo apparently.
Do they? Id just say the physicality of the league is at an all time low and most key forwards are 200cm + now so they mark the ball based on athleticism.

Do they? Id just say the physicality of the league is at an all time low and most key forwards are 200cm + now so they mark the ball based on athleticism.
Man, I dunno. Jefferson came in looking like he was the most impressive kid at the local footy under 15s. Give him 3 years and he'll be ready to be drafted.

6 years in mental - although he's actually a perfect fit for Carlton.

Someone to win some contests forward of the ball that aren't McKay/Curnow and can put on pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back