Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maintain the rage comrade

If you want my attention Sandy you need only ask for it.

But it did. You just didn’t understand it.

I confess, I was only trying to see how deeply someone might entangle themselves but I was probably giving too much credit to the type of folk who think humanity has descended from the stratosphere of morality.

If you want my attention Sandy you need only ask for it.

I confess, I was only trying to see how deeply someone might entangle themselves but I was probably giving too much credit to the type of folk who think humanity has descended from the stratosphere of morality.
If my comment was too esoteric for you then I'm sure the local library has an ample range of pop-up books to stimulate your senses.

I don't think we should be wasting money on Hayward he's a glorified role player, we need an elite mid a break the lines half back a ruck and a KP forward before we need a half forward
Feel like Hayward would be a great fit - our forwards right now are tall or small, assuming Cook isn't going to suddenly become a high level player. A mid size forward who can play that defensive role, take a mark and kick 30ish goals a year. More than handy. We have the $ to spend and I'd much rather see Hayward play that role than McHenry or Murphy. If they match and we have to give up a 1st round pick, then pause for sure but if he comes for free (in terms of picks), he makes our side better. Sounds like there's a lot of clubs chasing him though, so lots to play out there.

and I'd much rather see Hayward play that role than McHenry or Murphy.

Surely nobody questions how much of an upgrade that is:

Murphy/McHenry in their combined 41 games since the beginning of 2023 kicked 20 goals. Hayward has 16 in 8 games this year.

If you had to choose between Adelaide going into an AFL game with 21 players including Hayward or 22 players with McHenry and Murphy I know what I am choosing.

Murphy/McHenry in their combined 41 games since the beginning of 2023 kicked 20 goals. Hayward has 16 in 8 games this year.

If you had to choose between Adelaide going into an AFL game with 21 players including Hayward or 22 players with McHenry and Murphy I know what I am choosing.
They showed stats on Hayward the other day and he is ranked above average for most of his key areas, but it’s much more than stats, his goals out of nowhere or clever play is miles ahead of these two

Feel like Hayward would be a great fit - our forwards right now are tall or small, assuming Cook isn't going to suddenly become a high level player. A mid size forward who can play that defensive role, take a mark and kick 30ish goals a year. More than handy. We have the $ to spend and I'd much rather see Hayward play that role than McHenry or Murphy. If they match and we have to give up a 1st round pick, then pause for sure but if he comes for free (in terms of picks), he makes our side better. Sounds like there's a lot of clubs chasing him though, so lots to play out there.
Would definitely be an upgrade on Murphy / McHenry. In that mid-size, tall/small forward role he could potentially be a McAdam replacement, given that we didn't actually have one when he left?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem being, Mchenry and Murphy wouldn't be competing against Hayward for a spot if we brought him in. Nicks is fixated on having this 'shape keeper' pressure forward in our set up. Hayward plays a similar role to what we are trying to get Pedlar to play.

They showed stats on Hayward the other day and he is ranked above average for most of his key areas, but it’s much more than stats, his goals out of nowhere or clever play is miles ahead of these two
Yep

He does what he does without being a forward target and without supplementing his numbers with midfield time

Complements those around him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back