Preview 2023 Fixture - hopes, dreams, dreads

Remove this Banner Ad

for the first time in history we will get the MAGIC fixture

game in ballarat, geelong, 2 in tassie, 2 in perth, 2 in NT and oh yeh 2 at etihad... nothing would surprise me

what i want - rounds 1-8 all away games in melbourne before i head overseas

Hopes: Play Hawthorn in Launceston. Home game against Geelong on a Thursday night, Carton. Away games against Sydney, Fremantle. Two showdowns.
Dread: Melbourne in Alice Springs, Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval.

Saturday twilight is way worse for people who play Sport themselves. Would love more Sunday games
I 100% agree with you

Personally I'd go

1) Thursday Night
2) Friday Night
3) Saturday Night
4) Sunday Twilight
5) Sunday Afternoon
6) Saturday Afternoon
7) Saturday Twilight

The reason Saturday is the worst for me is exactly what you stated. I officiate in community football. This makes Saturday A/T the hardest to get to.

At least we won't cope a game at Victoria Park again this year.:p

I actually would like a game in Canberra, have friends there now so it's a good excuse to go. Also don't mind the Cairns game but they never play it at the right time of year.

Any game in Queensland is a good opportunity for a holiday.

An away game in Melbourne Anzac weekend so you can go to both games would also be nice

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

South Australia is poised to host the AFL’s inaugural “Magic Round”.
Senior sources told News Corp that Adelaide was set to beat Sydney for the event, which would feature nine matches in one state in the space of a few days in April.

New South Wales started as a hot favourite but SA’s pitch to hold the round in a football heartland, as well as its lucrative financial offer, helped tilt things in its favour.

Although the round will be a huge logistics challenge for TV broadcasters Channel 7 and Fox Footy, it is understood they are planning for it to go ahead in 2023.

An SA government spokesman said: “South Australia has put our best foot forward to put ourselves in a strong position, however we are not in receipt of any confirmation from the AFL”.
The government has tapped into its major events fund as part of its bid, believing the round can showcase SA and attract tourists from interstate.

At least six matches are expected to be played at Adelaide Oval, one will be in the Barossa Valley, while a SANFL venue and another region are in the frame to host the others.

The new round will increase the length of the season to 23 matches per team for the first time.

It will come at the expense of a second week of pre-season games.

Clubs and players will get extra money from the additional round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are tickets released for the Saints v Freo at Woodville oval?

Should be a cracker! Get in early.

Last edited:
I think what I've been seeing is December 1st

Probably get Rd 1 and/or Magic Round next week

Then give the weekend to the women
THen Monday-Wednesday is leaks with the fixture release probably about 10am Thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back