2023/24 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

And after one season back in League 1 the Cumbrians will find themselves playing League 2 next season after their relegation was made official with a 2-0 defeat at Northampton. :( :(

In his four full seasons as Manager of Carlisle, Paul Simpson has won a League title (League 2 in 2005/06), has won two further promotions (Conference in 20024/05 and League 2 in 2022/23) via the playoffs and can now add a relegation to his resume. And despite the relegation, I can't see him being sacked, but it will be interesting to see if he stays.

Last edited:
Four games to go and Bolton are third, just one point behind Derby with the top two getting auto promotion from League One.
Huge game next Saturday where we play table leader Portsmouth at our place.
It’s already a sell out and a win will be such a massive boost for us.
We do need Derby to slip up to catch them, but being so agonisingly close is doing my head in. It’s going to be a long April.
Come on you whites.

Big opportunity missed this morning with Leicester losing to Millwall. We struggle to create anything when teams sit so deep against us. 1 shot on target from 70% possession isn’t good enough. The ref allowing Sunderland defenders to punch the ball away in the box also not helping.

It's going to need a spectacular Norwich collapse for any of the other contenders to grab that 6th position.
Fortunately it's Norwich, so anything can happen!

Saw someone joke that Boro and us should have flipped a coin and given the winner the 3 points, more useful than the draw this morning! Suspect Cov and Hull should do the same..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's Coventry out of the running. We can just focus on the FA Cup now!
Life Of Brian GIF by Monty Python

And that's Wimbledon AFC out of playoffs, at one point last night we were winning, other teams were losing and we were still clinging on to the last playoff spot, albeit a game ahead. By full time we had lost, other teams had won and we're done.

Still, I started the season more worried about relegation than promotion and so I'll take a mid table finish. Its been a good year for bringing in talent, some of it already gone again. Can the Dons find another 2 or 3 players to add some best 11 quality for 24/25?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back