Resource 2022 Tickets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my Membership Packs yesterday and the cards still have a Bar Code same as every previous year
This change must have been a last minute AFL directive
I didn't even get a membership card with my pack, i got a lanyard, badge and sticker and that's it? Why are they still giving cards to some and not others?

I didn't even get a membership card with my pack, i got a lanyard, badge and sticker and that's it? Why are they still giving cards to some and not others?

Membership Card was glued to the inside of the envelope it came in
I thought the same thing when I opened the pack
Only noticed it when I went to screw up the packaging for the bin

Given Saturday's performance, it's probably where it deserved to end up anyway !

Last edited:
I specifically requested a membership card as part of my membership pack and even got to choose the players photo on the front via the PAFC website.

But on the back it says:

THIS CARD DOES NOT ADMIT TO GAMES MOBILE TICKET REQUIRED

My beef is not with insisting on mobile ticketing - I get that's an AFL directive but FFS Adelaide Oval should ensure they have all scanning stations operating at games to stop the ridiculously long queues that we saw at the East Gate on Saturday.

I specifically requested a membership card as part of my membership pack and even got to choose the players photo on the front via the PAFC website.

But on the back it says:

THIS CARD DOES NOT ADMIT TO GAMES MOBILE TICKET REQUIRED

My beef is not with insisting on mobile ticketing - I get that's an AFL directive but FFS Adelaide Oval should ensure they have all scanning stations operating at games to stop the ridiculously long queues that we saw at the East Gate on Saturday.
Probably not helped at the moment with the vaccination checks as well.

The Bar Code on the Membership Card for previous years was right on the bottom edge of the Card
Easy to scan in

The QR Code on the Digital Ticket is right in the middle of the screen
I had to try about 10 different angles before my scanned
With approx 2,000 people grumbling in unison lined up behind me

Fun times

Just got the email from the club about downloading my ticket for Thursday night. Download worked fine. In the email it says the ticket is just for general admission (and it is) but I still have my reserved seat this year and the ticket for the Hawthorn game showed that, the same as usual. Anyone else had the same thing with theirs? Not sure what that’s all about.

Edit: ignore all that, just worked out what the problem was, it was just me being dumb :embarrassedv1:

Last edited:
Hope it is generally known that screenshots of tickets no longer get you in.
We got in versus Hawks.

It was explained to me that they don't WANT you to use screenshots, but just quietly - they will work!

Maybe the club has a deal with GPay and Ticketmaster, and telling supporters not to use those online services could jeopardize any commercial contracts that exist between both parties? Hence the public edict not to use screenshots.

Just got the email from the club about downloading my ticket for Thursday night. Download worked fine. In the email it says the ticket is just for general admission (and it is) but I still have my reserved seat this year and the ticket for the Hawthorn game showed that, the same as usual. Anyone else had the same thing with theirs? Not sure what that’s all about.
Mine for this week still says my seat number so sounds like an error

Mine for this week still says my seat number so sounds like an error
When I downloaded my digital ticket for Thursday's game a popup appeared telling me a screenshot would not work and that the ticket had to be downloaded to Google Pay. Had to load the app.
Do others get the popup appearing?

The Bar Code on the Membership Card for previous years was right on the bottom edge of the Card
Easy to scan in

The QR Code on the Digital Ticket is right in the middle of the screen
I had to try about 10 different angles before my scanned
With approx 2,000 people grumbling in unison lined up behind me

Fun times
Mine wouldn't scan as barcode was too big & I couldn't resize it. Happened to several others too as I was trying to get in. Total BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I downloaded my digital ticket for Thursday's game a popup appeared telling me a screenshot would not work and that the ticket had to be downloaded to Google Pay. Had to load the app.
Do others get the popup appearing?
Yep got the popup. However know people that got in from screenshot being scanned.

Yep got the popup. However know people that got in from screenshot being scanned.
Why are they even trying to block use of a screenshot? If I screenshot the download to Google Pay surely that would work at the ground. Why you would do that I'm not sure, other than an academic test. Maybe to see whether the first image appearing of the ticket before downloading to Google Pay has some underlying difference. Doubt it.

The whole mobile ticketing thing was a cluster fu**. Fine for me being tech savvy however anyone older than 35 struggled. Phone screens at max brightness and no cracks etc and still didn't scan.

The whole mobile ticketing thing was a cluster fu**. Fine for me being tech savvy however anyone older than 35 struggled. Phone screens at max brightness and no cracks etc and still didn't scan.
Anyone over 35 struggled? Ignorant comment, I am 56 and work in IT incredible as that may sound.

No problems yesterday. Got the email from the club. Opened the app, hit access tickets, ticket was there for Melbourne game, saved it straight away to Gpay.

Very simple and a thousand times easier than last game.

I got an email about my ticket being ready to download but when I log into the app there is literally nothing there. It just says I haven’t purchased or received any tickets. Why have they made everything so much harder, what’s the point of even printing out membership cards if they are literally pointless? Does anyone know what I have to do from here? I’ve tried going into the buy tickets section but it asks for a barcode I have no idea how to find or tries to charge me?

Could this be because the first year I had a membership my parents bought it for me as a Christmas gift and despite changing the email address multiple times the emails still all go to my mum and have to be forwarded to me? I’ve pretty much ready to chuck in this whole thing really, it’s not like it’s even particularly worth going to the games at the moment anyway

Last edited:
Why are they even trying to block use of a screenshot? If I screenshot the download to Google Pay surely that would work at the ground. Why you would do that I'm not sure, other than an academic test. Maybe to see whether the first image appearing of the ticket before downloading to Google Pay has some underlying difference. Doubt it.
Definitely the barcode is smaller once downloaded to Google Pay (on my Samsung 22+)

I got an email about my ticket being ready to download but when I log into the app there is literally nothing there. It just says I haven’t purchased or received any tickets. Why have they made everything so much harder, what’s the point of even printing out membership cards if they are literally pointless? Does anyone know what I have to do from here? I’ve tried going into the buy tickets section but it asks for a barcode I have no idea how to find or tries to charge me?

Could this be because the first year I had a membership my parents bought it for me as a Christmas gift and despite changing the email address multiple times the emails still all go to my mum and have to be forwarded to me? I’ve pretty much ready to chuck in this whole thing really, it’s not like it’s even particularly worth going to the games at the moment anyway
Club is hopeless at updating emails

Dangerfield wait continues, AFL acts on digital ticket complaints

"The AFL has moved to give people the option of using physical cards to gain admission to the football after accepting the negative impact digital ticketing was having on crowds.

Departing CEO Gillon McLachlan confirmed that the league had reached a deal with ticketing agencies across the country he hoped would end the difficulties supporters faced when trying to buy tickets for games.
Speaking at ‘Spud’s Lunch’ in Richmond, McLachlan acknowledged that surveys had shown that the No.1 issue stopping people attending post-COVID was digital ticketing."

Apologies if everyone knows this already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back