Saints News 2022 St.Kilda AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I reckon we should move away from this all access stuff. There's a point where it needs to be kept in house. I get why they put that stuff up, North fans need to be inspired but we've had years of all access stuff especially this year and it turned ugly.
With so many fresh faces and supporters uncertain and/or upset at Lyon coming back I think it would be a good thing.

With so many fresh faces and supporters uncertain and/or upset at Lyon coming back I think it would be a good thing.
I'm sure we'll see lots of footage of the new crew, it already seems to be getting out there eg the Phillipou vid.

I just don't think we need too much of the inspirational speech stuff, the "why not us" stuff. That Clarko speech is great in one way but it's also kind of run of the mill Tony Robbins type stuff. No doubt supporters will lap it up North fans are no different to us they need some hope, but I'm hoping we are more about substance this time than style if that makes sense.

Would of lost more members if we kept Ratts

I'm sure we'll see lots of footage of the new crew, it already seems to be getting out there eg the Phillipou vid.

I just don't think we need too much of the inspirational speech stuff, the "why not us" stuff. That Clarko speech is great in one way but it's also kind of run of the mill Tony Robbins type stuff. No doubt supporters will lap it up North fans are no different to us they need some hope, but I'm hoping we are more about substance this time than style if that makes sense.
I want more “do” than “talk”.
Dont need the ra -ra rhetoric

All of which may be true.
But he’s not bringing in some dud just because he’s a mate.
Hes bringing in the most successful coach we’ve pretty much ever had, certainly these past two decades, a smart guy with a proven track record. And one who’s known for his high standards and getting the best from his players.

I can live with this - even if it eventually fails. What I can’t live with is getting another P-plate coach after 11 years of mediocrity.

What we are after……should be characteristics of ruthlessness, no bullshit, high standards, great effort, honesty, leadership and clear communication”

With Ross, we’ve got all of that.
So true
I was actually in a state of melancholic medicrocy re next year . Not a lot of hope , not a massive amount of negativity either . But definitely in a slumber. I feel live I’ve awaken and ready for some excitement.

Honestly I reckon we should move away from this all access stuff. There's a point where it needs to be kept in house. I get why they put that stuff up, North fans need to be inspired but we've had years of all access stuff especially this year and it turned ugly.
I honestly can’t see the boss doing a lot of the fluffy stuff that Ratten did.
I’m happy just to watch his press conferences…we’re always good, have missed them greatly!!
Maybe a piece when a player is notified when he’s debuting?

Winning will fix all that.
Supporters tend to be fickle…a coach is brilliant when the team wins consistently but a hack if they don’t.
I was fortunate enough to meet the boss shortly after he left to go to Fremantle, he was genuinely concerned about how he’d be perceived by saints supporters & his players.
I told him him he would be regarded as one of the greatest coaches the club has had…I could tell he still had an affinity with the club, despite the board at the time p*ss f*****g around with his contact extension!!

Supporters tend to be fickle…a coach is brilliant when the team wins consistently but a hack if they don’t.
I was fortunate enough to meet the boss shortly after he left to go to Fremantle, he was genuinely concerned about how he’d be perceived by saints supporters & his players.
I told him him he would be regarded as one of the greatest coaches the club has had…I could tell he still had an affinity with the club, despite the board at the time p*ss f*****g around with his contact extension!!
Recency bias is everything.
Even in here most are swayed after 3-4 weeks of good or poor form.
Ross will be around for a fair while and all will be forgotten or forgiven in the end. Already for me the 3 years of Ratten are a distant memory merging seamlessly with with the Richardson era..... When is the next game again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Basset's mates? Lyon? Lyon has grabbed his own people. Finnis never got mates in. More people who suited his cause driven agendas. I think Lethlean was the one who bought in unqualified friends and loaded us up with Hanners who was his mate's son.

Finnis got us home and he paid down some debt much of which was the move to Seaford and then the move home. He did some good stuff but he was bad for the footy side.
the AFL's seismic shift in policy that moved away from loading their clubs up with debt and instead making sure they financially strong made Finnis look 10x better than he was.

take away the increased funding and support, do people really think he's that good?

Clarko talking about making sacrifices for the team.... I mean I totally get it but that's a strange choice of words given the investigation.

no it's a brilliant choice of words. he's just asking for them to sacrifice the next unborn child from each of their families.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back