Injury 2022 Injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Urrkkhh, that seemed a heavy concussion COR suffered last night. He copped a nasty eye injury early in the season that took a while to recovery from.

He is one fella deserving a stroke of luck.

Stress fracture for Sheather. Cunningham has to pass a test and match play to be eligible for Port.

Stress fracture for Sheather. Cunningham has to pass a test and match play to be eligible for Port.

****ing hell. That's a notoriously bad injury. Very difficult and unpredictable recovery process. Whatever he does, I hope they don't rush it.

Josh Kennedy

Josh is aiming to commence modified team skills this week. He will then need to sprint and fully train over the coming weeks before determining a return to play date for him.

Angus Sheldrick

Angus took a significant step towards a return to play last week, completing a high volume session and team skills. He will train fully this week and then be assessed for a potential return to play this week.
Sam Naismith

Sam continues his progression from his ACL rehabilitation. He is now almost 9 months since his operation and is completing high volume sessions with a focus on speed and controlled change of direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that dopey faux tough guy incident a few weeks back, I’d have questioned if they were scanning him in the hope of finding a brain.

Melican was also there asking for his next dose of Footy IQ. Unfortunately previous doses evaporate very quickly.

Marc Sheather - now in moon boot

COR seems so unlucky
Colin O’Riordan
Colin had been managing some hip and groin pain in the weeks leading up to and over the BYE. Unfortunately, his pain was aggravated after the match against Port Adelaide and worsened following our main training session last week.
Colin will work closely with the medical team to determine the best management and return to play plan.
Harry Cunningham & Justin McInerney - We expect them to return to training this week

COR seems so unlucky

I'd like to know why we played a hampered COR against Port instead of Fox. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playing him, but at least give him opportunities where he can perform to his best. He deserves that.

Josh Kennedy
... He will test his hamstring in our main training session this weekend in order to determine his availability for return to play.
Marc Sheather
...his next review with the surgeon in a further 3 weeks...
Sam Naismith...He is in a block of change of direction work ... contributing to the VFL program as a match day runner.
Colin O’Riordan
... working on his hip strength and control prior to recommencing a running program.

Last edited:
Not going to see Sheather or COR any more this season, I wouldn't think. Amartey has pulled up fine.

I'm confident on Sheather's long term prospects. If he remains injury free.

Ladhams will be in frame for selection if his finger goes okay during training this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back