T20I 2021 T20 World Cup - Australia v Bangladesh 4 Nov 2021 9pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Warner and Finch both need to be told either hit out or get out. Finch found some more timing yesterday but Warner was like a broken clock. If either of them hit out with success then its all good but if they get out cheaply then it's not a big loss. Aus can't have them wasting PP deliveries trying to find their rhythm. Aus bat deep, so losing early wickets isn't a massive concern imo. Look at what Afghanistan have done, they just go nuts from the opening over because they bat deep.

Reckon Warner and Finch both need to be told either hit out or get out. Finch found some more timing yesterday but Warner was like a broken clock. If either of them hit out with success then its all good but if they get out cheaply then it's not a big loss. Aus can't have them wasting PP deliveries trying to find their rhythm. Aus bat deep, so losing early wickets isn't a massive concern imo. Look at what Afghanistan have done, they just go nuts from the opening over because they bat deep.

Rashid Khan at 8 is pretty bonkers.

I completely agree with you. England are the benchmark (feel like im in the twilight zone), and they go hard from ball one.

I'd prefer Inglis to come in for Warner, but this late in the comp, I don't think they will do it.

Yeah I would as well jack......but they won't

As I said before they could consider Wade to open and Warner to come in the middle orders against the spin

I just believe Warner is struggling against the pace atm ...

I'd prefer Inglis to come in for Warner, but this late in the comp, I don't think they will do it.

I don't think anything much will change until after the home T20 WC. They will cling on desperately to Warner/Finch and the test quicks. Pretty much in the same position as Geelong with Chris Scott. Proper reset won't start until players retire / change of coach and they don't have any choice.

Has Warner even been that slow? Of the 66 batsman with more than 50 runs in this tournament he is 20th for strike rate. His strike rate of 134 in the tournament is only 5 behind Jason Roy. It's way better than both Afghanistan openers which apparently he needs to be more like.

Has Warner even been that slow? Of the 66 batsman with more than 50 runs in this tournament he is 20th for strike rate. His strike rate of 134 in the tournament is only 5 behind Jason Roy. It's way better than both Afghanistan openers which apparently he needs to be more like.
Fun fact. The Warner-Finch partnership is going at 9.26rpo this tournament. Buttler-Roy is at 8.87. They have made the same amount of runs (139) in the same amount of innings (4) it's just that Warner-Finch have done it quicker.

Yeah I would as well jack......but they won't

As I said before they could consider Wade to open and Warner to come in the middle orders against the spin

I just believe Warner is struggling against the pace atm ...
If Warner doesn't open, he shouldn't be playing.

JL hasn't got the minerals to drop him though.
He wasn't dropped during the 2019 Ashes after averaging under 10.
Just easier to drop Marsh for Agar, Agar for Marsh......

yeah I agree tugga I was just given options if he still plays
Opening the batting is pretty much the easiest gig in T20's.
If he can't score runs there, he shouldn't be playing.

I'm a JL fan but am getting frustrated at some of these selections TBH.

Agar and Marsh should both be in the team, as should Inglis.

Opening the batting is pretty much the easiest gig in T20's.
If he can't score runs there, he shouldn't be playing.

I'm a JL fan but am getting frustrated at some of these selections TBH.

Agar and Marsh should both be in the team, as should Inglis.

Agar might come back in but I cannot see Inglis playing unless wade gets an injury...they should of put Inglis in at the start of the tournament

Wade has done okay...but Inglis IMO is more dynamic with the bat/gloves

To be fair for Warner his stats are not that bad but there not fantastic either.....his 60 against the Lankans was a good innings 10 fours and a good strike rate but that's the issue for me his strike rate.....it looks like he is cutting himself off from the leg side..trying to play inside the line and his hitting zone is through point for anything wide....cut this scoring opportunity off...bowl a leg stump line cramp him up and he struggles to get it away

Its this ability to score a 30 off 15 balls not a 30 off 25 balls which I believe he is lacking atm....yes he did it against the Lankans but against better bowling attacks he is struggling

Agar might come back in but I cannot see Inglis playing unless wade gets an injury...they should of put Inglis in at the start of the tournament

Wade has done okay...but Inglis IMO is more dynamic with the bat/gloves

To be fair for Warner his stats are not that bad but there not fantastic either.....his 60 against the Lankans was a good innings 10 fours and a good strike rate but that's the issue for me his strike rate.....it looks like he is cutting himself off from the leg side..trying to play inside the line and his hitting zone is through point for anything wide....cut this scoring opportunity off...bowl a leg stump line cramp him up and he struggles to get it away

Its this ability to score a 30 off 15 balls not a 30 off 25 balls which I believe he is lacking atm....yes he did it against the Lankans but against better bowling attacks he is struggling
Warner got dropped by his IPL side.

He's belting up the poor sides and failing against the good ones.
Scores against SR who are rated 10th and Banhgladesh who are 9th.

Fails against SA and England.
Will probably get some against the WI to flatter his stats then fail in the finals.

At 35, it's time he went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be harsh but I wonder if he’s struggling to see the ball as well as he used to.

Watching him in the field he still does very well because of his speed and athleticism, but he doesn’t react as quick or take the ball as cleanly as he once did IMO. When I think back to some of the catches he took in the slips in the 2019 Ashes it looks like he’s picking the ball up very late.

This might be harsh but I wonder if he’s struggling to see the ball as well as he used to.

Watching him in the field he still does very well because of his speed and athleticism, but he doesn’t react as quick or take the ball as cleanly as he once did IMO. When I think back to some of the catches he took in the slips in the 2019 Ashes it looks like he’s picking the ball up very late.

For context:

All three of these, were quality catches, however it looks like he moves late in the first two, and then the second he moves as if he thinks it’s a lot higher than it is but then has to adjust late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back