List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't get Jackson Callow in this draft I will give up on this club. Couldn't ask for a better player to fit our circumstance, and it's basically on a silver-platter for us.
Surely Wrighty will dictate how we draft/trade from this season onwards.

Essendon and GC have late interest in Callow.

We need to get him with the pick 3

What does late interest mean? The clubs wouild have done their job and worked out how they are going to approach they draft already, they arent suddenly getting interested in someone a couple of days out. Late interest just means somebody got word that they are interested, most liley passed on by the club itself in an attempt to get Collingwood to take Callow while someone like Moyle can get through to GC who would like a young ruck. Just my read on it anyway.

Would not be the 1st KPF we have passed up.

Think back to Riccardi for latest one

I was so angry when we passed on Riccardi. I couldn't believe he lasted to us and I couldn't believe we passed on him. Horrendous decision.

What does late interest mean? The clubs wouild have done their job and worked out how they are going to approach they draft already, they arent suddenly getting interested in someone a couple of days out. Late interest just means somebody got word that they are interested, most liley passed on by the club itself in an attempt to get Collingwood to take Callow while someone like Moyle can get through to GC who would like a young ruck. Just my read on it anyway.

Maybe late interest means "later in the draft"... ie before our second pick perhaps.

At the end of the day we just have to assume we wont get our man with our second pick and hope for the best. Just need to decide who we want and need the most with our first selection. Trying to guess what other clubs might do is a dangerous strategy

Draft Callow and another small/medium forward, preferably Stengle or Johnson, not forgetting Elliott back, and play them against Adelaide, and lets see if there is a change in game plan, with a more direct, choas get the ball forward at all costs plan, or with a stacked F50, will we still kick backwards and sideways and take about 15 disposals to get inside F50!!

Callow seems to be a more pressing need... but I still don’t mind Moyle at pick 3.

Of the two I think Moyle is more certain to have a long term 100game AFL career.

The kid will be a very decent ruck. Competing against mature players and already posting better VFL numbers than Lynch is after 5 years in the system.

With Lynch not up to it and Cox being 30 and wanting big coin... taking Moyle at 3 is not as unreasonable as some posters here think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There'd be some fierce mind games going on now; i.e. if Richmond wanted Callow they'd publicly declare they're considering Stengle so that we weigh up whether we take him with pick 3. And vice versa, really.

Callow by position is by far our biggest need. If we don't take him I suspect they just don't see him having the ceiling of becoming a regular best 22, premiership winning forward.

Stengle is the safest (on field)... replaces Cal Brown immediately.

I hope we somehow get both.

Callow seems to be a more pressing need... but I still don’t mind Moyle at pick 3.

Of the two I think Moyle is more certain to have a long term 100game AFL career.

The kid will be a very decent ruck. Competing against mature players and already posting better VFL numbers than Lynch is after 5 years in the system.

With Lynch not up to it and Cox being 30 and wanting big coin... taking Moyle at 3 is not as unreasonable as some posters here think

As long as we dont put 3-4 years into him and then turf him just as hes about to come good.... thats my fear....its the usual Collingwood way to lose patience with ruckmen just as the are due for a beakthrough.

Moyle will need to be very bloody good to warrant us taking a player we dont really need.

I’d let Stengle slide in the hope of picking him up in the second round. If he was playing that way as a 19 year old with a clean record, you’d have to seriously consider taking him at our pick #3. As it is, I’d like to call Richmond’s bluff on redrafting Stengle back to the club who traded him away after citing a lack of opportunity.

I really don't think the club is worth giving up over a kid nobody wanted who's averaging 1.4 goals a game in the SANFL.
1.4 gpg in the SANFL as an 18 year old is actually fairly impressive, especially when you couple it with the fact he’s leading the league for contested marks....

He's leading the VFL for disposals, he was also a former top 10 pick who could have improvement left.
He’s also been described by recruiters as having no hurt factor when he gets it. He’s one of those players oppo coaches allow to run free because they know a 40 disposal game from him won’t really hurt them at all.

And his draft position from 8 years ago is completely irrelevant. At his age there’s unlikely to be much improvement left. I’m tipping he gets overlooked completely.

This could all be moot if North are interested in Callow. Has that been mentioned? I know there has been some chatter about Moyle at 2.

North seem certain to take Edwards and the Hawks didn't ask Newcombe to put conditions on his head to take him at 2, because they're guaranteed to get him there anyway. They obviously want him with a later pick.

I was so angry when we passed on Riccardi. I couldn't believe he lasted to us and I couldn't believe we passed on him. Horrendous decision.
3 times. Bianco, Rantall and then traded the pick to GWS that he was taken with...
Turned what could have been a really good draft in to a mediocre one.

Its so amusing that we couldnt identify we needed one when Cloke left

Cox wouldve been twice the player if we had a genuine KPF next to him

Cox was the one that was identified to be the man. Long way back now, but Hine gushed over him as the next Rory Lobb* at a members forum. Cox also never needed someone beside him he just needed to be able to mark at an above average level (as we saw in the PF) and he’d be a 50+ goal kicker.

This was when Lobb was looked on as the second coming of Carey...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back