2020 MLB Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Always get confused with their rules, if no-one wants him does he go back to minors (or whatever they have this year)?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

yea, he goes back to the minors if he clears waivers or can be released, he can also choose to decline going back to the minors if he is sent down

Well I watched a stack of games over the weekend and was sure a few weeks ago high fives were banned and let me tell u every team was all over each other when runs were scored

This set up of theres has potential to get out of hand very quickly

Also that nationals Yankees game was in rain delay for over 3 hrs, imagine if one of those players in the club house had it and was in there with the squad for over 3 hrs, the whole club would be infected.

Good luck to them, but I don’t see any chance of this ending well

The MLB approach was as negligently hopeful at best. Getting an outbreak in a team means it will likely spread like wildfire.
Manfred has ***** it all up. You cannot fly teams all over the country in areas of high infections even on private jets. You got to get to the airport arrive in new city and transported them into different hotels...its too difficult. Like others have said should have always been hubs/bubbles.

Well it was nice while it lasted..... Opening weekend... They've got little bandwidth in the schedule to make the games up, and losing teams on mass will means the system will grind to a halt.

Biggest fear would be a team outbreak - all the ramifications of who they played over the past 2 weeks, who else they shared spaces with.

Insanely optimistic to hope to get through the next 2 months with only the odd case here or there

Pretty surprised it happened first up and our depth is short after soroka and fried (and even then they are young) and Hamel's out injured.

Reports out of spring and then covid spring was his velocity way down and when down he gives up home runs. Also pretty renowned as weak mentally. Will give up runs in big batches. Can be strong for a month but then go back to very mediocre.

Not sure game 5 last year helped either

Always get confused with their rules, if no-one wants him does he go back to minors (or whatever they have this year)?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

The compressed season is surely the big factor in this as well. Not enough time to wait for him to hit form.

Seems Miami had a night out on the town before their outbreak

Reports that Washington had to force the MLBs hands to postpone their upcoming series to by refusing to play.

Sounds like it's a dumpster fire

Joe Kelly got his money’s worth today I think. Struck out Correa who was hot, few pitches aiming for the badge on the Astros helmets, mouthed off as well of course.
That LA team hasn’t forgotten about 2017 I dare say.

Joe Kelly got his money’s worth today I think. Struck out Correa who was hot, few pitches aiming for the badge on the Astros helmets, mouthed off as well of course.
That LA team hasn’t forgotten about 2017 I dare say.

Strange one considering he wasn't apart of the 2017 Dodgers but was apart of the Red Sox who have also been punished for using technology for stealing signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see how the season can go ahead unfortunately, how are the Marlins going to keep up with the schedule if they can't play for say the next 10 days minimum?

Had to set up hubs or else this was just a matter of time given America's situation.

Maybe they are just forced as losses - as they are the ones who stuffed up.

Nick Makakis backflipping and deciding to play now. Family was more important but now not so much haha. Will be nice to have someone who doesnt strike out much, id take just about anyone who can put the ball in play at the moment. Braves up to 64ks in 5 games.....disgusting

Joe Kelly is a hero to me now

Alot of people making a good points;
- 8 games suspension in a 60 game season is equivalent to 21.6 game suspension in a normal season
- kelly suspended than any player from the Astros for their cheating (zero games)
- Carlos Quentin suspended 8 games for charging Grienke and breaking his collarbone
- Amir Garrett suspended 8 games for trying to fight the whole oppistion
- Yuli Gurriel suspended 5 games for making a racial face in the astros dugout in 2017

Just stupid by manfred, will get it reduced, should get any games - heck the astros.

Strange one considering he wasn't apart of the 2017 Dodgers but was apart of the Red Sox who have also been punished for using technology for stealing signs.

That’s true though the Sox got knocked out by the Astros in that postseason as well. Plus Kelly has form.

Yeah it was strange scenes in the ‘fight.’
Might as well get serious and tell teams to stay in their benches. It all seems pretty odd to me.

Well behaved so far in Houston tonight from everybody.

Yeah it was strange scenes in the ‘fight.’
Might as well get serious and tell teams to stay in their benches. It all seems pretty odd to me.

Well behaved so far in Houston tonight from everybody.

Its a bit like the footy though, they are all cleared to play against each other but dont slap hands with the 1st or 3rd base coach when you hit a home run etc.

Its a bit like the footy though, they are all cleared to play against each other but dont slap hands with the 1st or 3rd base coach when you hit a home run etc.

Though footy obviously needs to be physical. Yesterday showed that the players know how to not get physical with each other when a situation could get ugly so MLB may as well get serious with punishments for not maintaining social distance from each other.

Not even their biggest issue though obviously. As we’ve covered, a few things going on at the moment which are providing a pretty good framework for how to not run sport during a pandemic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back