News 2020 Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have Fyfe ? ......stay positive Crusher....... I'm with you and have complete faith in Fyfe over this period

tenor.gif
haha. Not me. Shame about his durability because he is elite.

Might be of relevance in the injury thread:

The injury list has been lengthy and painful in 2020 but sometimes absence creates opportunity and that’s been a theme of late which AFL Fantasy and SuperCoach coaches need to note.

INJURY BENEFICIARIES

Last week, I wrote about how some of the Eagles mids were benefiting from Luke Shuey’s injury enforced absence with an upswing in scores and there’s numerous examples across the league. This is pertinent in a season where there appears to be more injuries than normal.

Gold Coast’s Hugh Greenwood (AF $711k SC $557k MID/FWD) has produced personal season-best scores of 109/132, 103/126 and 109/144 (AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach respectively) from literally the moment Matt Rowell went down injured against Geelong.

Richmond’s Jayden Short (AF $636k SC $454k DEF) was averaging 66.2/89.4 until Bachar Houli opted not to join the hub a fortnight ago. Short has posted scores of 100/118 and 84/86 the past two weeks, which is an average of 92/102.

Fremantle’s Andrew Brayshaw (AF $622k SC $512k MID/FWD) appears to have benefited from Nat Fyfe’s time out of the midfield too, averaging 88.67/123 across the past three weeks.

It’s no secret Geelong’s Patrick Dangerfield (AF $761k SC $598k MID) is a gun but his good recent run has coincided with injuries to Mitch Duncan, Quinton Narkle and Joel Selwood, improving his overall average from 73.4/100.6 to 82.7/110.9 in two games.

There’s others to consider such as Luke Parker (AF $736k SC $541k MID) with Josh Kennedy and Isaac Heeney injured or Stephen Coniglio (AF $682k SC $501k MID) with Callan Ward out, although those influences are more arguable than proven. But both had a lot of centre bounce attendances in Round Seven.

On the flipside, players returning from injury are a factor which may explain Hugh McCluggage’s (AF $718k SC $548k MID) recent drop-off, upon Dayne Zorko’s return to the side.

McCluggage was averaging 82.4/112.6 until Zorko returned a fortnight ago, posting scores of 64/74 and 64/89.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be of relevance in the injury thread:

The injury list has been lengthy and painful in 2020 but sometimes absence creates opportunity and that’s been a theme of late which AFL Fantasy and SuperCoach coaches need to note.

INJURY BENEFICIARIES

Last week, I wrote about how some of the Eagles mids were benefiting from Luke Shuey’s injury enforced absence with an upswing in scores and there’s numerous examples across the league. This is pertinent in a season where there appears to be more injuries than normal.

Gold Coast’s Hugh Greenwood (AF $711k SC $557k MID/FWD) has produced personal season-best scores of 109/132, 103/126 and 109/144 (AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach respectively) from literally the moment Matt Rowell went down injured against Geelong.

Richmond’s Jayden Short (AF $636k SC $454k DEF) was averaging 66.2/89.4 until Bachar Houli opted not to join the hub a fortnight ago. Short has posted scores of 100/118 and 84/86 the past two weeks, which is an average of 92/102.

Fremantle’s Andrew Brayshaw (AF $622k SC $512k MID/FWD) appears to have benefited from Nat Fyfe’s time out of the midfield too, averaging 88.67/123 across the past three weeks.

It’s no secret Geelong’s Patrick Dangerfield (AF $761k SC $598k MID) is a gun but his good recent run has coincided with injuries to Mitch Duncan, Quinton Narkle and Joel Selwood, improving his overall average from 73.4/100.6 to 82.7/110.9 in two games.

There’s others to consider such as Luke Parker (AF $736k SC $541k MID) with Josh Kennedy and Isaac Heeney injured or Stephen Coniglio (AF $682k SC $501k MID) with Callan Ward out, although those influences are more arguable than proven. But both had a lot of centre bounce attendances in Round Seven.

On the flipside, players returning from injury are a factor which may explain Hugh McCluggage’s (AF $718k SC $548k MID) recent drop-off, upon Dayne Zorko’s return to the side.

McCluggage was averaging 82.4/112.6 until Zorko returned a fortnight ago, posting scores of 64/74 and 64/89.

I like your website so i hope you don't mind some honest feedback, but would prefer if you didn't incorporate SC and AF in the same articles. It may seem like doubling up for essentially the same info, but it's less of a jumbled mess you end up with double the content. win/win.

Fyfe ruled out this week

That little f***er Rozee is injured. That could have happened three weeks ago and saved me a lot of pain
He's hanging in there .......pity he couldn't show the same fight in a game .....showpony !

Young forward Connor Rozee will undergo a fitness test later in the week after landing awkwardly on his heel in the second quarter on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your website so i hope you don't mind some honest feedback, but would prefer if you didn't incorporate SC and AF in the same articles. It may seem like doubling up for essentially the same info, but it's less of a jumbled mess you end up with double the content. win/win.
Cheers, still trying to strike the right balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back