Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the priority list for the grand final is out now. Only way to be guaranteed to go is to be 1870 or life member who has pledged 100%. That makes you priority 1

Priority 2 being black diamond or platinum who have pledged.

I’ve got flights but are not either of those.

Anyone know a 1870 or Lifer who has no chance of going and would swap their barcode for a nice bottle Champagne or similar

:)
Where did you see this?

A couple of questions...
1) Can you buy kids tickets for the GF
And or
2) Can kids tickets be upgraded to adults?

I will probably have 2 kids Club1870 barcodes available if they can be used...

A couple of questions...
1) Can you buy kids tickets for the GF
And or
2) Can kids tickets be upgraded to adults?

I will probably have 2 kids Club1870 barcodes available if they can be used...
1. No it's adult or concession
2. Upgrade at the Gabba.

So, kids tickets will allow you to purchase concession?
Yes there hasn't been kids ticket for a Grand Final for over a decade.

I have a 2002 GF Ticket info from AFL website and there were no Junior ticket prices back then only adult and concession.

Last edited:
So the priority list for the grand final is out now. Only way to be guaranteed to go is to be 1870 or life member who has pledged 100%. That makes you priority 1

Anyone know a 1870 or Lifer who has no chance of going and would swap their barcode for a nice bottle Champagne or similar

Oi, back the heck off newbie!

If I miss out to someone who doesn't have a grand final guarantee (as I have paid for every year since we entered the AFL) I won't be happy/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So just called the Port membership team. The original FAQs are wrong for the grand final and have been pulled from the website.
You can't purchase a ticket using another person's barcode. For example if you were borrowing a platinum members barcode because they aren't going they would need to purchase the ticket but then won't be able to transfer the ticket to you.

If you're buying four tickets the names for the ticket must match the name on the membership.

If you have a silver membership or below forget about the GF you're as of now basically ****ed unless the rules are changed again before they go on sale.

So just called the Port membership team. The original FAQs are wrong for the grand final and have been pulled from the website.
You can't purchase a ticket using another person's barcode. For example if you were borrowing a platinum members barcode because they aren't going they would need to purchase the ticket but then won't be able to transfer the ticket to you.

If you're buying four tickets the names for the ticket must match the name on the membership.

If you have a silver membership or below forget about the GF you're as of now basically f’ed unless the rules are changed again before they go on sale.
If you are a silver member there's a very slim chance you'd get a ticket if the GF was at the full capacity MCG. People piggybacking on to BD/Platinum memberships is totally unfair to those people that actually own those memberships.

Yep sounding like barcodes and tickets won't be transferrable to names not on the membership.

I understand, and agree, why this is happening but how the hell do you control it?
Show photo ID as you enter the Gabba?
Its just up to people displaying courtesy to their fellow members, who are going, and doing the right thing.
But is that enough? Doubt it.

I understand, and agree, why this is happening but how the hell do you control it?
Show photo ID as you enter the Gabba?
Its just up to people displaying courtesy to their fellow members, who are going, and doing the right thing.
But is that enough? Doubt it.
I've been to a lot of NFL games in the US and they do security checks on every single person through the gates which is always upwards of 60,000. It's a quicker process than you'd imagine.

40,000 at the GABBA is nothing and they will warn people to get there with plenty of time to spare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back