Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Atkins hand injury, won’t play this week apparently, will need surgery post season.

Oh ffs... now the injuries come.

I know its a differnt role, but Chook is a lock now surely.

Move Menegola to HFF and Chook into the guts.

Go Catters

Atkins hand injury, won’t play this week apparently, will need surgery post season.

This may be a blessing in disguise, as long as Constable gets named tonight. Atkins has trailed off a fair bit in past weeks, and Narkle and Parf in the team can fill his role, with more focus on offence. If Constable doesn't get named, we seriously need to think about what we're doing, as he could leave if we're not naming him after 41 and 2 (which could have been 5 goals had he kicked straight)

This may be a blessing in disguise, as long as Constable gets named tonight. Atkins has trailed off a fair bit in past weeks, and Narkle and Parf in the team can fill his role, with more focus on offence. If Constable doesn't get named, we seriously need to think about what we're doing, as he could leave if we're not naming him after 41 and 2 (which could have been 5 goals had he kicked straight)
CC has signed for 2020, can't just leave

Yeah I know, but more, 'request a trade for more opportunity.' St Kilda are poking around, so I'd rather not give them any reason to think Constable is 'gettable' for Steven

And 2021.

dyEIP1k.jpg

Atkins is injured

Geelong’s Tom Atkins in doubt this week with a hand injury sustained at training. Cats concede it may require surgery at a later date. A potential blow to small forward stocks after Lachie Fogarty also did his hamstring @AFLcomau

Where did Fog' hammy come from and what about Cocky? I know its hammy tightness but say something ...

GO Catters

VFL - no idea how, but I remember reading this post match

VFL Round 19
Bendigo Bank Cats 21.12 (138) defeated North Melbourne 5.6 (36)
Goals: Buzza, Jones, Fort 3, Constable, Brownless, Stanley 2, Abbott, Fogarty, Kennerley, Kreuger, Okunbor, Tarca
Best: Constable, Jones, Parsons, Dowling, Stanley, Simpson
Reports: Nil
Injuries: Jarvis (ankle), Fogarty (hamstring)

The above isn't in the initial report I read because that didn't include Jarvis in the injuries

Yeah I know, but more, 'request a trade for more opportunity.' St Kilda are poking around, so I'd rather not give them any reason to think Constable is 'gettable' for Steven

Since when is St Kilda actually poking around - the whole link to St Kilda is that Constable is mates with King

I'm yet to read anything of substance that actually confirms Constable wants out or that St Kilda is even looking at him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when is St Kilda actually poking around - the whole link to St Kilda is that Constable is mates with King

I'm yet to read anything of substance that actually confirms Constable wants out or that St Kilda is even looking at him

I completely agree, but I more see it as a 'self -fulfilling prophecy', sorta thing. They may not have considered it, but as his name keeps getting floated by clueless journos, maybe they'll look into it.

I just would rather us play him and show our confidence in him moving forward, rather than giving a club that we're looking at most likely getting a player from (Steven), a reason to play hardball in order to get one of our up and coming youngsters. That's really what I'm getting at.

'St Kilda poking around', probably wasn't the best way to put it. Apologies

Atkins has played his best footy last 2 weeks and was crap the 8 weeks before that

Not sure why Rohan would return through the VFL.

Playing VFL this weekend may allow him to play first week of the VFL finals - so he can play a couple of games in a row, hopefully get some confidence etc & be firing for the AFL finals series

Playing VFL this weekend may allow him to play first week of the VFL finals - so he can play a couple of games in a row, hopefully get some confidence etc & be firing for the AFL finals series
Do the rules allow him to play AFL this week and VFL next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back