2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

The only disappointing thing with the playoffs this year is the lack of OT.

We havent had a game go to OT since washington eliminated pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

Theres nothing better in sport than NHL playoff overtime...lets hope we get 1 or 2 games go past 60 the rest of the way this series.

One half has been more than enough, Ross the Boss' game plan is more stagnant than the Habs' power-play.
Rubbish.

yep seasons over - just get games into the young un's now.

Me a novice to this NHL stuff but you'd think Game 4 the Knights would have to win to not have massive pressure at home

yep seasons over - just get games into the young un's now.

At least provide the young players with a style of play that leads to winning footy, this is just s**t. Waiting to make an error and concede a goal. Rather lose by twenty-twenty five goals and attack then sit back and lose by ten-fifteen goals.

Me a novice to this NHL stuff but you'd think Game 4 the Knights would have to win to not have massive pressure at home

A highly suggested win.

The only disappointing thing with the playoffs this year is the lack of OT.

We havent had a game go to OT since washington eliminated pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

Theres nothing better in sport than NHL playoff overtime...lets hope we get 1 or 2 games go past 60 the rest of the way this series.
Please no, my heart won’t cope

Im not super versed in early 90s hockey but i read online today that mario lemiuex won the scorong title in 92..in a year where he was treating and recoveeing from. Is anyone across that?

Thats amazing.

I remember it, it was 92-93 (good season of hockey, that one...)
Lemieux was on pace to surpass Gretzky’s points record in a season (212) and then got diagnosed with cancer, he missed 2 months for treatment (about 20 or so games). When he came back he was behind LaFontaine for the Art Ross by a decent margin and went about three points per game for the rest of the season (about 20 or so games) to pass Pat with ease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make it interesting i put $20 on kuznetsov to win the conn smythe at 12-1 at the start of the series.

My hunch is that if the caps go on to win and assuming their remaining performances are equal..ovechkin still wins it, but kuznetsov in with a good chance . Has a 5 point buffer for points lead and has been massive in their two home wins.

What a difference 8 months makes Great8
Yep, I honestly thought we would be taking a few steps backwards this season. On paper atleast our outs seemed to far outweigh our ins and I thought Ovi might start to slow down a bit. We looked fairly weak defensively and after a pretty poor opening few weeks the writing appeared to be in the wall. I would say this current side isn’t the most talented we have had but they play well as a team and all play their roles. A fit Holtby has also been a huge part of our run this post season, he looked shot only a month or so out from the playoffs

I remember it, it was 92-93 (good season of hockey, that one...)
Lemieux was on pace to surpass Gretzky’s points record in a season (212) and then got diagnosed with cancer, he missed 2 months for treatment (about 20 or so games). When he came back he was behind LaFontaine for the Art Ross by a decent margin and went about three points per game for the rest of the season (about 20 or so games) to pass Pat with ease.
I remember he had a treatment that morning and then came back without telling his teammates. he just showed up and said he was good to go. And then scored a goal and got an assist in his first game back. Absolute legend.

Hockey gods have been on Vegas so far today. Couple of jammy goals.
Still a few more goals left today I feel aswell

Not a bad series from Smith-Pelly.

Cue the "Nathan Walker is a Stanley Cup Champion" articles that will appear on every Australian news site.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back