Memberships 2018 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 45,678)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my 2019 membership today, find it highly disrespectful by the club to think I’m automatically joining next year. I feel they are trying guilt people into it’ll think they are less likely to cancel by sending them out so early. I’m suspecting as they are scared of a huge drop off of members. This is the final straw with me I’m cancelling two 25 year memberships tomorrow. “With Richo, without me”. First time ever cancelling my membership and it’s not because of lack of love for the club but as hopefully a statement that a lot of others will make as well, to show we will not take the way the clubs run as satisfactory anymore! I am a little hopeful this is happening with lethlean but won’t rejoin until I’m satisfied with major change at the club.
They do that for auto renews. Given we haven't been playing for a month it does makes sense it comes near the end of the season/after it.
Highly disrespectful?

If you are on autopay and haven't cancelled it that's what happens...
I think one of the problems with our memberhship(and I suspect all clubs/AFL membership) there isn't an option on the website to turn it on or off. Even buying one it just about forces you to go on auto renew. Seems to be a thing with using the ticketmaster client.

I think one of the problems with our memberhship(and I suspect all clubs/AFL membership) there isn't an option on the website to turn it on or off. Even buying one it just about forces you to go on auto renew. Seems to be a thing with using the ticketmaster client.
Sure, but it's easy to call and cancel it. Funnily enough I called them today to do just that. Took 5 minutes.

Not sure how it forces you to go onto auto renew? I've been a member for 25 years and only last year went onto auto renew for a deal the club had going at the time. No skin off my nose, was cheaper to go on the deal and pay the membership upfront and then cancel it at the end of the season then to buy the membership I regularly go with. Will be back to my regular membership package in 2019 unless they have another deal going and if they do I'll do the same thing.

A company can't just take money from people without them agreeing to it via a contract anyway so I don't really see what the issue is. Just a guy on the internet finding another reason to complain about a poor year IMO.

Not sure how it forces you to go onto auto renew? I've been a member for 25 years and only last year went onto auto renew for a deal the club had going at the time. No skin off my nose, was cheaper to go on the deal and pay the membership upfront and then cancel it at the end of the season then to buy the membership I regularly go with. Will be back to my regular membership package in 2019 unless they have another deal going and if they do I'll do the same thing.
At least with my AFL membership I remember buying and it only came up with 2 options pay in full with easy pay or in installments. It was similar with the saints membership. I can't quite remember it was a couple of years ago.
It doesn't bother me because for both club and AFL membership I normally pay up before it rolls over anyway. I don't have any intention of changing just yet.

I reckon it should be easier to change packages though. My Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Stars membership I can just log in and elect to change my package.

Club called me earlier today actually - I couldnt spend too much time as I had work stuff on, but asked if they could call back after 5.
Can anyone confirm if it's just a membership push? We've re-signed all 3 in my house to my knowledge....

Club called me earlier today actually - I couldnt spend too much time as I had work stuff on, but asked if they could call back after 5.
Can anyone confirm if it's just a membership push? We've re-signed all 3 in my house to my knowledge....

I got a call too. Raffle ticket / competition.

Dont throw 25 consective years down the toilet ffs
Cmon man
Ive thought about it myself plenty of times but you know what, if we all said **** it and handed it in then we would be in some serious strife
If u can afford it, stick fat mate
Strength Thru Loyalty
If youre still upset maybe speak to the club and downgrade both memberships to keep the consecutive years ticking along

Just got an email from the Saints with a reward for 'showing unwavering loyalty to the Saints'.
Looks like it's for existing members on Easy Pay. Pretty good prizes as well.

George you may have cancelled your easy pay a couple of days too early.

Just got an email from the Saints with a reward for 'showing unwavering loyalty to the Saints'.

I got this too, continuing members get to choose one of the following 'gifts' with their membership renewal - pretty good options too.

Genuinely feels like they are trying really hard, the marketing department are doing a great job.

Thanks for being with St Kilda in 2019. Please choose one of our great rewards below, as we thank you for your loyalty to the red, white and black:

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.36.02 pm.png

Haha all good mate, it is a great experience being at closed training and getting to have a chat to the list management guys will be a wonderful experience, hope plenty see it as incentive enough to stay on board.

I will be staying on in 2019 of course just not on the same membership package.

I received one too......was pleasantly surprised...…..I can only assume their quite worried about things for next year....and understandably so.

Points for at least getting on the "front foot" with things.

I received one too......was pleasantly surprised...…..I can only assume their quite worried about things for next year....and understandably so.

Points for at least getting on the "front foot" with things.

Me too. Great marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got this too, continuing members get to choose one of the following 'gifts' with their membership renewal - pretty good options too.

Genuinely feels like they are trying really hard, the marketing department are doing a great job.

Thanks for being with St Kilda in 2019. Please choose one of our great rewards below, as we thank you for your loyalty to the red, white and black:

View attachment 564244
Interesting. I got different options.

I can choose between:
2 reserved seats to a big game next year
$50 Saints merch voucher
$100 linen house voucher (when you spend over $200)

Wonder if it's random or based on number of years

I can choose between:
$50 Saints merch voucher

Yes think it's based on number of years.

I can choose between:
$50 Saints merch voucher

Given that the options above are different to what Indie Rock and I received...I suspect yr right there jonathons11.

I can choose between:
$50 Saints merch voucher

That's interesting, FWIW I'm an 8 year member.
I'm guessing you may be a longer member as the reserved seats (potentially $120 value if on L2) or the merch voucher sounds like it would cost the club more.

I ended up buying the Saints hoodie as well - seemed to easy just to chuck it on the bill when I was confirming the renewal.
Well played Saints - as I said earlier, genius marketing.

I'm guessing you may be a longer member as the reserved seats (potentially $120 value if on L2) or the merch voucher sounds like it would cost the club more.

I ended up buying the Saints hoodie as well - seemed to easy just to chuck it on the bill when I was confirming the renewal.

I’m a 25 year member and received the reserved seats or $50 merch voucher. I reckon I would have preferred the List Management or Training. Not that I’m too fussed, I’m just thrilled the club is rewarding and acknowledging the loyal and continuing membership base. It’s usually the new members who get an added gift for signing up.

Yep, I'm around 12 now I think.

I’m a 25 year member and received the reserved seats or $50 merch voucher. I reckon I would have preferred the List Management or Training. Not that I’m too fussed, I’m just thrilled the club is rewarding and acknowledging the loyal and continuing membership base. It’s usually the new members who get an added gift for signing up.

I would phone up and ask the club, I am pretty sure given that you have been a member for so long they would happily give you the other options.

I'm a 10 year member and got the options including the list management and closed training sessions so could depend on the level of your membership, e.g. reserved seat vs GA.

I’m 10 year with reserved seat. Got the same as you I think...opened the red locker door :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back