2017 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see Tampa's "analytics"...

Turning the puck over = good
Banging the puck off the glass when there are better options to exit the zone = good
Exit the zone and see puck re-enter the zone seconds later = good
Chasing shadows = good

A team that doesn't score many goals signing a player who might lift the scoring rate for one season at $1million is never a "bad deal".
Particularly with limited cap space.
I was more thinking his age and declining numbers. LA need speed, they are too slow.

Anyhow, big cap number for Price. Oof. Will be 38 and have 10.5 against the cap by the end of the contract. Clearly the best goalie, but thats a big number.

At least Cammalleri won't have any problems keeping up with his teammates on the ice in LA, unlike someone like Lucic at 5v5

Price contract = standard and expected

What's Lou just done?
Amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Caps, why?
Kuznetsov with a 8 year $64m extension

Hahaha. I'd have him for $5.5M, $6M max.

Who is his agent? Never scored more than 20 goals in a season and is now getting paid more than Tarasenko.

Crapitals have $4.6 million left in cap room for Burakovsky, Grubauer and five other players. That's a bit of a bind...

Hahaha. I'd have him for $5.5M, $6M max.

Who is his agent? Never scored more than 20 goals in a season and is now getting paid more than Tarasenko.

Crapitals have $4.6 million left in cap room for Burakovsky, Grubauer and five other players. That's a bit of a bind...
We are going to be cellar dwellers for the next 5 years atleast I would of done a complete slash and burn and cleaned house.

I also don't like that Marleau deal but the leafs will have him murdered when the deal starts biting

Paying $6.25M/season for "veteran leadership" and power-play (which was already very good)?
His 5v5 production over the past three season would place him in
10th for the Leafs and in that time at 5v5 he has produced a lower pts/60 than Leo Komarov, Mike Fisher, Nick Bjugstad, Shane Doan and Brian Gionta.
Yikes...

Stats c/o @SteveBurtch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back